Phoenix: Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lazarus

Blue Crack Supplier
French pop/rock band (who sing in English) have a new album coming out May 25th.

Currently their new single, "1901" is available as a FREE download from the official site.

It's catchy as hell, like 95% of their songs.

www.wearephoenix.com

And they would be a great opening band for U2, in my opinion.

:lol:
Sorry, but I read this title and I thought that Joaquin Phoenix was trying something else this time.

It seems interesting, I'll check them out.

"Too Young" is one of the catchiest songs I've heard this side of the Y2K.

Bumping this for awesomness. (is that a word?)
Just heard 1901... very good song!

EDIT: And on top of that I get an ad for Motorola's U2 cell that will be released here in South America at their MySpace page. :wink:

I don't know if this was instantly as pleasurable as the last album, which wound up being my number one for that year. But this one may be a little deeper and diverse? I have to give it a couple more listens.

Well, fuck my ass and call me a bitch..."1901" is one hell of a great track! Woo woo!

I just realized that the reason I've been avoiding threads about this band/album in forums all across the internet is because I somehow got them confused with Eagles of Death Metal. My loss. I may need to play catch-up, here.

Phoenix KILLED on SNL. And I don't know if this is the normal practice now, but they were allowed to play out the end of the show and the credits with a third song.

Saturday Night Live - PHOENIX: "1901" - Video - NBC.com

Saturday Night Live - Phoenix: "Lisztomania" - Video - NBC.com

Not having been familiar with them before this, I have to say that they really did kick some serious a** last night. They are also one of the very rare bands to have/achieve a good sound mix on the show... Third song and playing out the show is still not normal practice for SNL...they must have a huge fan somewhere high on the SNL staff. This appearance will certainly help them.

Yeah, I caught their first song last night and was very impressed. First I'd ever heard/seen of the band. I also caught a hilarious Andy Samberg and Seth Rogen parody sketch called "The Fast and the Bi-Curious"

:up:

Third song and playing out the show is still not normal practice for SNL...they must have a huge fan somewhere high on the SNL staff. This appearance will certainly help them.

Well, the lead singer is the father of Sofia Coppola's kid. I think they're still together but not married? Anyway maybe she pulled some strings.

What's good is that someone appears to really be making a big push this time for the band to boost their popularity. Something I thought would have been easy with their three previous albums, but who knows what happened.

They were on SNL?

Have I missed something and this band is actually somewhat known? Or is SNL breaking out of the mold for their live acts?

Yeah they played 'Too Young' as the credits rolled, there's a stream of it on stereogum. Listening Lisztomania right now, it's good!

Back
Top Bottom