Pearl Jam: Ten remaster on March 24th 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've heard it...leaked earlier this week online. The remaster just sounds clearer I guess...truthfully, the production in the original had everything separated pretty well, so you can hardly tell the difference.

The remixed disc has a very cool version of Garden along with Release. The other most noticeable difference is Jeremy which sort of sounds like it has a sampled guitar beat running through it. Bonus cuts are pretty complete versions of "Breath" and "State" from the Ten sessions...they're neither meager demos nor the versions from Singles although they're both slower in tempo. Rest of the bonus tracks are interesting curios...can't tell if that's a new vocal on Brother or not but it sort of sounds different from the one I heard about a decade ago off Napster.

:up:

I'm probably gonna pick the deluxe one up later this week. Does anybody have it already? :hyper:

I got it yesterday! I'd pre-ordered it at the Fame music store for a discounted price. And when I picked it up I also got the regular discount with my Fame customer card. It was still expensive though.

The set looks really :drool: And it's huge! :lol:
I don't hear that much difference with the new mix, but it's cool to have nonetheless. The Unplugged DVD is very nice too! I haven't had any time to go through all the other stuff. But I'm happy with it. :)

Did you get the super duper deluxe edition? I'm talking about the 2cd + dvd set. :lol:

Yes, I'm talking about the super duper deluxe edition with the whole she-bang. :)
If you don't care about all the extras (book, vinyl, etc.) then the 2CD+DVD set is also excellent. Album, remixed album, bonus tracks and the MTV Unplugged performance. :up:

Picked this up today. Nice remixing on the Redux version of the album by Brendan O' Brien. Never had a huge problem with Ten's mastering, but after listening to this, I may never listen to the original again! Garden:drool:Deep:drool:Release:drool:

Ok, wow. I bought this today. Wow. First let me say that Pearl Jam is my favorite band in the whole world and TEN is, quite possibly, my most listened to album of all time. Each song is burned into my soul. Scorched. I'm so familiar with the original recording, so it was very strange hearing this album remix. Almost like hearing the album again for the first time. But, fuck, it is wonderful. All the instruments are so much crisper and clearer in the mix. Especially the rhythm section. Dave Krusen's immaculate drumming is brought to the forefront and sounds just even more fucking massive. Wow, again.

And the bonus tracks are great. Breath and SOLAT are two of my favorite songs by the band, and these early demos sound raw and nasty and are a real treat. And the "unreleased" stuff is awesome, too. Especially Just A Girl. Kickass song. And Jeff's new artwork is perfect. And to finally have a DVD release of the legendary Unplugged performance is just the cherry on top of this fucking delicious cake. Seriously one of the best packages I've ever seen. (That's what she said)

I fucking LOVE this band. Happy day. Hallelujah.

yea my friend got the super delux,lol. little pricey. 120 bucks. unless u got a record player, i don't what u can do with the records. because everyone always says records sound better/different. so u got a remastered cd. a remixed version. then a remastred record. then a remixed record. i think? its really over the top,lol. dvd, demo tape. live record. lithograph. but what really makes it really worth it is the poster. without the poster, the sets worth like 35 bucks. lol

That super deluxe edition sure looked nice, though.

I was going to get the regular deluxe version today, but my local store had it on sale for $28, which is a joke.

I remember the same thing happening with the deluxe version of R.E.M.'s Murmur, though, and a few weeks later, it was on sale for $19.99. Here's hoping the same thing happens with Ten.

Of course, Murmur didn't include a DVD. I keep forgetting about the damn DVD.

I'm not at all caught up on remasters, this will have to wait.

But word is there'll be a new album this fall? :hyper:

But word is there'll be a new album this fall? :hyper:

That's what I've been hearing. They've been doing a lot of recording this year. Jeff said in a recent interview (I will try to find it) that most of the instrumental tracks are laid down and that the stuff they've been working on is "incredible"

I'm sure more news and little tidbits will be pouring in as the year progresses. I can't fucking wait.

Minnesota hip-hop artist P.O.S. covers the Ten classic Why Go -

“I was asked if I was interested in covering a pearl jam song by mtv2. I thought it was funny that they wanted to include me, being a rapper and all, but I wanted to take a shot at it. I loved ten when it came out, rocked the tape till it popped. One of my favorites on it was why go, none of the bands they asked had picked it yet so I did. I thought about reworking the original lyrics into a rap kind of situation, but then I was playing the melody on one of my keyboards and thought it might be more fun to just straight cover it. So I did. It was fun. I hope you likes it.”

YouTube - P.O.S. - Why Go (Pearl Jam cover)

Very fucking cool.

That's what I've been hearing. They've been doing a lot of recording this year. Jeff said in a recent interview (I will try to find it) that most of the instrumental tracks are laid down and that the stuff they've been working on is "incredible"

I'm sure more news and little tidbits will be pouring in as the year progresses. I can't fucking wait.

Apparently Brendan O'Brien is back as producer, and they're actually listening to his suggestions for the first time.

I got it yesterday! I'd pre-ordered it at the Fame music store for a discounted price. And when I picked it up I also got the regular discount with my Fame customer card. It was still expensive though.

I'm still waiting for my deluxe edition, after ordering it from the Ten Club. I have no idea what I was thinking...I'm paying $11 in shipping to Canada! I renewed my membership at the same time online, and basically had a brain freeze when I 'added it to my cart.' Damn that cart!

Apparently, they've made rock history with Brother...pretty cool! Legacy Recordings :: Pearl Jam Makes Radio History as 'Brother,' a Previously Unreleased Track From 1991, Rockets to #1 on Nation's Modern Rock Charts

I'm still waiting for my deluxe edition, after ordering it from the Ten Club. I have no idea what I was thinking...I'm paying $11 in shipping to Canada!

Well, count yourself lucky. Shipping to Europe is $50!!! And I've heard that some people also had to pay additional taxes and customs, at times resulting in another $50! That's $250 for the boxset. I'm very happy I got it for $100.

I just got it today, the remix sounds great. The new mix of Jeremy really propels an already great song into the stratosphere. I didn't realize how truly muddy the original mix actually was until I listened to this.

And holy shit, Brother is a motherfucking scorcher. :rockon:

Finally got a new stereo in my car, so I picked this up. It's awesome! The Unplugged DVD is awesome too! 1992 was a great year in music.

Things are ramping up! Pearl Jam album, film, tour in the works | Reuters

Man, Breath and a Scream & State of Love and Trust completely rock...they must be the best demos in the history of demos. :rockon:

I just got it today, the remix sounds great. The new mix of Jeremy really propels an already great song into the stratosphere. I didn't realize how truly muddy the original mix actually was until I listened to this.

And holy shit, Brother is a motherfucking scorcher. :rockon:

YES!!!

Back
Top Bottom