Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
St. Louis:

Man I f I had seen the N'awlins and KC setlists before attending St Louis, I'd have known exactly what was coming, thank goodness for spoiler tags. :wink:

Same setlists every night! They've sold out! There goes my chance of ever experiencing Evil Little Goat live!

Solid setlist once more, with Garden being a personal highlight. Great to see Sometimes and All Night back as well. Not a fan of Pilate, but any comeback is a good thing in my book. Now lets see some All Those Yesterdays, thank you very much.

Sometimes and Rearviewmirror! Two songs I hope to see live in person one day. Yes, I know that Rearviewmirror isn't a rarity at all, but somehow Pearl Jam don't seem to play it the three times that I was in the audience.

Yes, I know that Rearviewmirror isn't a rarity at all, but somehow Pearl Jam don't seem to play it the three times that I was in the audience.

Heh. The same for me. My song statistics are pretty bizarre, since I've seen them three times and no Rearviewmirror, Go or Animal for me! On the other hand, I've seen rare stuff like All or None, Thin Air (well, rare from 2005 onwards), Brother, Bee Girl, Sonic Reducer and Gimme Some Truth.

Heh. The same for me. My song statistics are pretty bizarre, since I've seen them three times and no Rearviewmirror, Go or Animal for me! On the other hand, I've seen rare stuff like All or None, Thin Air (well, rare from 2005 onwards), Brother, Bee Girl, Sonic Reducer and Gimme Some Truth.

Yeah, I got nice ones like Indifference, In Hiding, Brother and Hunger Strike (and also Go and Animal :) ). But I'm still hoping to get Porch, Rearviewmirror, Breakerfall, Insignificance or Rockin' In The Free World.

Yeah, I got nice ones like Indifference, In Hiding, Brother and Hunger Strike (and also Go and Animal :) ). But I'm still hoping to get Porch, Rearviewmirror, Breakerfall, Insignificance or Rockin' In The Free World.

Indifference and Hunger Strike (Antwerpen 2006 I presume)? I hate you! :love:

I've seen Porch and Rockin' all three times, Insignificance once. Breakerfall is one of my biggest wishes as well, but they're not playing that one that often.

So far really good setlists, but it's not much of a Fixer tour is it?

I count 4-6 songs from Backspacer in the three setlists we have so far. That looks about average for Pearl Jam. Of course, they could choose to play the whole album in order in one of the upcoming shows. I guess the official Pearl Jam forum would then explode... with all the complaints that they could predict what the next song would be.
:D

I count 4-6 songs from Backspacer in the three setlists we have so far. That looks about average for Pearl Jam.

Yeah, they like to vary the songs from the new record as well, did so since the No Code days. I'm sure there will be a set soon with more Backspacer songs.

I count 4-6 songs from Backspacer in the three setlists we have so far. That looks about average for Pearl Jam. Of course, they could choose to play the whole album in order in one of the upcoming shows. I guess the official Pearl Jam forum would then explode... with all the complaints that they could predict what the next song would be.
:D

I have no idea why I called it 'Fixer' :doh:, but anyways four songs doesn't seem like much plus to bury them so deep in the set rubs me wrong too...

:shrug: It's a personal thing. Out of all the times I've seen PJ, they only once opened with an older song...

I have no idea why I called it 'Fixer' :doh:, but anyways four songs doesn't seem like much plus to bury them so deep in the set rubs me wrong too...

:shrug: It's a personal thing. Out of all the times I've seen PJ, they only once opened with an older song...

What does "burying songs deep in the set" even mean? Two new songs were played in the encores at the last gig, when the crowd is slowly expecting the big hits to come by, not to mention the fact that The Fixer was the main set closer. They've played 6 Backspacer songs in Kansas City, which is equal to the average amount of new songs that U2 plays as well (in the 2000s at least), who are even more proud of their new material. They'll probably play 8 or 9 BS songs (heh) on some other gig, as they did on some 2009 concerts. Expect the unexpected.

Openers are vastly different at each PJ gig, ranging sometimes from new songs (they've opened with Gonna See My Friend in 2009 for example), to Ten classics like Oceans or Release, or relatively obscure (but great) tracks like Of the Girl or Hard to Imagine. So, it's probably one more statistical weirdness that you got to see only one time an older opener, just like I got fucking Bee Girl, but no Rearviewmirror. Why Go and Release opened 2 out of 3 gigs I've been to, songs that are over 15 years old. And it was awesome! :drool:

Meaning some of these setlists you can go over 30 minutes before any new material...:shrug:

And on some of the next concerts the first 30 minutes will be filled with new material (in fact, the Kansas City show had something like this). It's called variety. It's just how this band works. They probably didn't even notice this, since they usually complete the setlist 20 minutes before the gig starts.

The long expected Philly bootlegs available, also on a limited 9CD box set. :drool:

Phinally Philly | Pearl Jam - Ten Club

106 songs played during 4 shows :drool:, including all 11 Backspacer songs! *cough cough*

And if that's indeed the cover, it's bat shit ugly.

Looks like the rumoured DVD is still just a rumour, which would be a shame. And it's interesting how many of my favorites were actually excluded from these setlists, like Brain of J., Breakerfall, Indifference, W.M.A., Red Mosquito (especially ironic since it was the closest thing to a PJ regular in 2009, due to Ben Harper's guitar playing - his band not opening in Philly has been the main factor in this for sure), Of the Girl, Sleight of Hand or Release. Oh well, the other 100+ tracks will have to suffice. :)

Openers are vastly different at each PJ gig, ranging sometimes from new songs (they've opened with Gonna See My Friend in 2009 for example), to Ten classics like Oceans or Release, or relatively obscure (but great) tracks like Of the Girl or Hard to Imagine. So, it's probably one more statistical weirdness that you got to see only one time an older opener, just like I got fucking Bee Girl, but no Rearviewmirror. Why Go and Release opened 2 out of 3 gigs I've been to, songs that are over 15 years old. And it was awesome! :drool:

[slowdayattheoffice]

i've been to 8 PJ shows with 3 more coming up shortly, and my openers were as follows...

--sometimes
--long road
--love boat captain
--crazy mary
--severed hand
--severed hand
--hard to imagine
--release

and because i reeeeeally have a lot of time on my hands...

my all around PJ stats...
--8 shows
--238 songs for an average of 29.75 songs per show
--103 unique songs for an average of 12.875 songs i've never heard before per show
--2 songs played at all 8 shows (even flow, do the evolution)

Eight Times
Do The Evolution
Even Flow

Seven Times
Corduroy

Six Times
Alive
Given To Fly
Rearviewmirror

Five Times
Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
Yellow Ledbetter

Four Times
Better Man
Crazy Mary
Indifference
Present Tense
Save You
Why Go

Three Times
Baba O'Riley
Black
Comatose
Daughter
Dissident
Go
I Am Mine
I Believe In Miracles
Jeremy
Leash
Marker In The Sand
Porch
Rockin' In The Free World
Severed Hand
State Of Love And Trust
Wasted Reprise
Whipping
World Wide Suicide

Two Times
1/2 Full
All Night
Animal
Army Reserve
Cropduster
Down
Evacuation
Faithfull
Garden
Get Right
Glorified G
Green Disease
Grievance
Immortality
In Hiding
In My Tree
Inside Job
Insignificance
Know Your Rights
Last Exit
Last Kiss
Life Wasted
Low Light
Lukin
Man Of The Hour
MFC
No More
Not For You
Red Mosquito
Smile
Spin The Black Circle
Thumbing My Way
Untitled
W.M.A.
Who You Are
Wishlist
You Are
You've Got To Hide Your Love Away

Once... upon a time...
All Along The Watchtower
All Or None
Alone
Black Diamond
Blood
Breath
Bu$hleaguer
Come Back
Crown of Thorns
Deep
Down
Footsteps
Gimme Some Truth
Hail, Hail
Hard To Imagine
I Am A Patriot
I Got Shit
I'm Open
Leatherman
Long Road
Love Boat Captain
Love Reign O'er Me
Mankind
Nothingman
Off He Goes
Once
Parachutes
Porch (Ed acoustic solo)
Rats
Release
Sometimes
Sonic Reducer
Thin Air
Unemployable

[/slowdayatheoffice]

Nice, Headache. Did you use one of those setlist stat generator things? I know they had one of those for U2, but had never seen one for PJ.

Anyway, I've seen 'em four times. And the opener at my first ever PJ show was fucking Do The Evolution. Which might still be the coolest setlist stat out of any of my shows. I don't know, but I'm guessing that's the only time they've ever opened with that song. (At least I hope it is, because that would be cool.) In a lot of ways, that show is still the most memorable of the four: it also had four very rare covers in Driven To Tears, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, and Blue Red Grey. And one of the few times they played Habit in the last 10 years. That was 4/23/03 in Champaign.

But the 5/17/06 in Chicago is my favorite of the four, and is probably the best concert I've ever been to. And, with that, I realize that it's now been four years since I've seen them. Fuck. That needs to change.

Anyway, I've seen 'em four times. And the opener at my first ever PJ show was fucking Do The Evolution. Which might still be the coolest setlist stat out of any of my shows. I don't know, but I'm guessing that's the only time they've ever opened with that song. (At least I hope it is, because that would be cool.) In a lot of ways, that show is still the most memorable of the four: it also had four very rare covers in Driven To Tears, Know Your Rights, Fortunate Son, and Blue Red Grey. And one of the few times they played Habit in the last 10 years. That was 4/23/03 in Champaign.

Nice. That's one of my favourite bootlegs, includes a rare version of Deep as well.

In comparison to Headache, my overall setlist stats are far less interesting, with 56 different songs heard over 3 nights, with 10 of them appearing on all three (Even Flow, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Small Town, Do the Evolution, Severed Hand, Better Man, Alive, Rockin' in the Free World, Yellow Ledbetter). They slightly vary less in Europe than in America though, although there were some Euro concerts with some pretty crazy setlists in the past (Marseille 2006 comes immediately to mind, with the inclusion of Fatal and Dirty Frank).

Listening to Philly IV now, the energy is amazing.

I've got 20 shows, with 2 more coming up on the 15th and 17th, so we'll just say I've seen a lot of Even Flow and a lot of rarities.

No.
The 3 Mansfield 2003 shows were no repeats (exept for Yellow Ledbetter on a whim)

Ah. My jealousy knows no limits.

Oh yeah, I should add Education to the list of weird rarities I've managed to hear.

I've seen U2 three times as well. 38 different songs, which is actually not that bad, but it is important to note that they've toured two different albums, and two of the nights were in the same city. And I've seen Vertigo 4 times! :drool::drool:

Edit: Now for the shocker, they've repeated 10 songs for the three times I've seen them, the same amount as PJ! Heh. The catch is, PJ always played 6 to 7 songs more...

The coolest thing (setlist wise) from my two U2 shows is that I saw the all-time debut of Your Blue Room. Which is pretty fucking cool.

But I think I remember those bastards Hewson and Headache saying they were at the show when PJ brought back Leash for the first time in forever. That would have been insane and trumps everything.

:yes:

n775510933_733497_5485.jpg

Back
Top Bottom