Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Manchester:

August 17, 2009 Manchester, England Manchester Evening News Arena
Opening band: Gomez

Set List: Long Road, Last Exit, Why Go, All night, The Fixer, Low Light, In Hiding, World Wide Suicide, Not For You/(Modern Girl-Sleater Kinney), Evenflow, Present Tense, Save You, Grievance, Sleight Of Hand, Got Some, Given To Fly, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Go, Daughter, Do The Evolution, Alive,

2nd encore: Smile, Black, Leash, The Real Me, Indifference

I'm apparently seeing them on Yom Kippur. Hopefully that does not deeply offend NSW.

Awesome. Have you seen them before? I'm assuming you have, but assumptions are bad. Anyway, I'm jealous. Didn't have the funds to catch them on this little touring leg. Please return with a detailed report and maybe a lock of Eddie's hair.

I haven't seen them before, I haven't even bought any of their albums since Vs. I wouldn't really say I'm even a fan, but I like enough of their songs to think it'd at least be cool to see them live.

I don't know where the seats are yet, a friend bought them. They were in the "expensive tier" price wise, but I guess that could mean anything since there are only 2 price levels.

Same for Boston, Philly is a do-able drive, but leaving for Halloween weekend is not do-able with a 5 yr old, so lets add some dates.

London 8/18:

August 18, 2009 London, UK, O2 Arena
Opening band: Gomez

Set List: Release, Animal, Corduroy, Why Go, Small Town, Immortality, The Fixer, Even Flow, I Got Shit, Rats, Got Some, Whipping, Light Years, Insignificance, Black, Life Wasted, Blood/("Atomic Dog" - Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

1st encore: Supersonic, Hail Hail, Footsteps, Love, Reign O'er Me, Do The Evolution, Alive

2nd encore: Better Man/(Save It For Later), Crazy Mary, Leaving Here, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter

I'm going to see them this Friday in Toronto...yippee~! :hyper:

I hope you got there early. Apparently Ted Leo couldn't make it, so the PJ boys took turns doing solo stuff as presets, then The Pharmacists came out sans Ted Leo and EdVed sang a few songs with them:

Pearl Jam
Toronto, ON
8/21/09

------------

Ed's Preset: Needle, The Damage Done, Sugar Mountain

Mike's Preset: Unknown song about his daughter, Greatest Waterfall

Stone's Preset: Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory.

Jeff and Eddie: Bee Girl

--------------------------------------

Main Set: Of The Girl, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Why Go, Brain Of J, I Am Mine, The Fixer, Given To Fly, Off He Goes, Even Flow, Unemployable, Faithful, Down, Got Some, Half Full, Lukin, Not For You/(Modern Girl), Do The Evolution

Encore 1: Inside Job, Wishlist, Black/(We Belong Together), Alive

Encore 2: Small Town, Wasted Reprise, Betterman/(Save It For Later), Porch, Rockin' In The Free World

The Berlin show was amazing, probably my favourite show ever. Great interaction with the crowd, beautiful venue, setlist with plenty of surprises (Hard To Imagine, 4 Binaural songs, Faithfull as a request in the second encore...). Blew the U2 Zagreb shows out of the water, although those were great as well. Bring on the 2010 tour!

NSW Center night 1:

August 23, 2009 Chicago, Illinois, United Center

Set List: Long Road, Corduroy, Why Go, God's Dice, Dissident, Small Town, Sad, The Fixer, Given to Fly,(Happy Birthday To Mike Richter), Comeback, Evenflow, Save You, In Hiding, Man Of The Hour, Insignificance, Got Some, Spin The Black Circle

1st encore: Love Reign O'er Me, Life Wasted, The Real Me, Alive

2nd encore: The Needle And The Damage Done, Rats, Supersonic, Smile, Rearviewmirror, Yellow Ledbetter(Star Spangled Banner)

Highlights for me:

Why Go
Dissident (My favorite PJ tune)
Given to Fly
In Hiding
Spin the Black Circle
The Real Me (one of my fave Who tunes)
Rearviewmirror

Highlights for me:

Why Go
Dissident (My favorite PJ tune)
Given to Fly
In Hiding
Spin the Black Circle
The Real Me (one of my fave Who tunes)
Rearviewmirror

Real Me is one of my fave Who tunes as well, Quadrophenia has always been my favorite Who album.
A damned good setlist, are you aware at all of the Mike Richter story? Not the former Rangers' goalie, a friend of Jeff Ament from back in his college days in Montana who was killed when struck by a car earluer this year in Wisc. The poster for last night was done by Jeff and depicts Richter in the classic Jordan dunk pose:

tonight's custom pearl jam poster! on Twitpic

Real Me is one of my fave Who tunes as well, Quadrophenia has always been my favorite Who album.
A damned good setlist, are you aware at all of the Mike Richter story? Not the former Rangers' goalie, a friend of Jeff Ament from back in his college days in Montana who was killed when struck by a car earluer this year in Wisc. The poster for last night was done by Jeff and depicts Richter in the classic Jordan dunk pose:

tonight's custom pearl jam poster! on Twitpic

When Jeff Ament had the crowd sing happy birthday for his friend Mike Richter, I actually did think that it was the goalie. Found out this morning what the real story was. Saw the posters as we were walking in and was just confused....it all makes sense now. Sad stuff.

Quadrophenia is easily my favorite Who album.

After reading the story, several of the song selections take on a bit more meaning. I'm sure it was an emotional night for Mr. Ament.

I'm a big fan of 'Man of the Hour', how was that live?

I'm surprised how many songs they're playing that I actually know...

I'm having mixed reactions about those 30-second clips, looks there is going to be a lot of country and poppy influences on the record, of which I am not a fan, but glad to see they're still trying some new stuff. On the other hand, all points to Amongst the Waves being a massive song. Can't wait to hear that one.

Back
Top Bottom