Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
I've been wanting to do this for a while. It seems in B+C that we don't really have an official thread to talk about all things PJ related. And with things for the band starting to really heat up (new album most likely coming out this year, new tour dates being announced, Eddie Vedder being a God, the band performing NEW SONGS on Conan O'Brien's show in TWO WEEKS, and Jeff Ament getting beaten up and robbed in Atlanta recently) we need a place to go for all this stuff.

Sooooooooooo, yes, Conan O'Brien has chosen for Pearl Jam to be his first ever musical guest at his new gig as host of The Tonight Show and the band will be performing new stuff!!!!!!!!

PEARL JAM SCHEDULED AS MUSICAL GUEST FOR JUNE 1ST PREMIERE OF “THE TONIGHT SHOW WITH CONAN O’BRIEN” | Pearl Jam - Ten Club

Here's an article about the Jeff Ament thing:

Pearl Jam’s Jeff Ament Injured in Robbery Outside Atlanta Studio : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

And here's a list of some of the tour dates that have been announced for the summer/fall. With more to come I'm sure.

Set Lists | Pearl Jam - Ten Club

Shit is getting heavy, guys. The best band in the world is back.

well the best band in the world is U2 followed up by Pearl Jam.
I'm pissed theres no dates for the east coast.
I cant see Ed & I couldnt see PJ last summer and I will miss out again :(

well the best band in the world is U2 followed up by Pearl Jam.
I'm pissed theres no dates for the east coast.
I cant see Ed & I couldnt see PJ last summer and I will miss out again :(

I pretty much agree with all of what you said.

But whooo :hyper: to new material coming together, and more importantly coming to us very soon!!!

Great thread!!

There's a surveillance video that was broadcast on the news of the holdup.

YouTube - Raw Video: Pearl Jam Bassist Mugged

Wow this is really strange to see! :|

Weird that nobody went to help Jeff, he must have been lying there with his head split open and everyone just walked past!!!! :huh:

Cant believe the muggers got so much $3,000 in cash and $4,000 in belongings! seems they just got Ament's bag! and they smashed the drivers window, he seemed fine after tho!

pity everyone was so slow coming out of the studio :doh:
you'd imagine there would be security watching the cameras full time.

So which album as an introduction? Ten?

Id start with either Ten or Vs, there first and second album! there kinda heavy and show the grunge scene they came out of, for a mellower album you could check out Yield, amazing album!

One of my friends worships Pearl Jam and likes these types of games, so I'm sure I'll end up playing it regardless.

Why do I never see you post around here any more, Headache? Tell me that, dammit.

Good idea GAF! :up:

Shit I never heard about Ament getting beaten up,
that sucks!

You reckon they will annouce more European dates???

Thanks. And yeah, I'll bet once official details on the new album come out we will be getting a TON more tour dates...both in North America and Europe. PJ are a touring band. It's what they do.

So which album as an introduction? Ten?

Yes. Ten worked wonders for me as an introduction. Although, I am a bit biased and love everything the band has ever done...so for me you could probably start with any album and be fine.

I :heart: Pearl Jam!

RIOT ACT is a great album, probably their most underrated.

Love boat captain, and Save You are fantastic songs!

Riot Act owns. There are some fantastic songs there...the two you mentioned are two of my all-time favorite PJ songs. There are a handful of tracks there that people might label as "filler" (I wouldn't) but then you also have beautiful shit like Can't Keep, Cropduster, I Am Mine, You Are, Thumbing My Way, etc., etc.

And Bushleaguer. "We'll play some jazz...we might even have to play Bushleaguer."

^ Pearl Jam would do that, that is so PJ.

My thoughts on Pearl Jam: They're awesome, Rearview Mirror might be the coolest rock song ever, and I was at the somewhat famous Hartford show with the mace-ing of half the crowd. See the not-so-nice shout-out on the "Live on 2 Legs" liner notes...there's also a very nice bootleg called "Riot in the Meadows".

What do you guys think about the Ten reissue/remaster? Best part for me was the Unplugged dvd I think, though I wish they'd gone ahead and put the whole show on instead of just adding Oceans.

i love the "remixed" Ten. they really brought out some of the better parts of the songs while not completely bastardizing them and making them sound that different from the originals.

agreed.

by the way, does anyone else feel that "Riot Act" is severely underrated? (edit: sorry, didn't read the other posts about this album before i posted) :)

i haven't disliked a pearl jam album to date... i've liked some more than others, but i haven't had the "ugh i wish they wouldn't have done that" moment yet.

they're all distinctly different, really... their sound advances and matures from album to album, all while not straying too far from their original sound.

i'm listening to it right now... come back is such a beautiful, sad song of desperation.

a song that's better than most of the stuff on riot act and binaural, but a song they couldn't have written without first doing riot act and binaural. same goes for inside job.

i can't wait for the new album and :drool: tour :drool:

Not even "Bugs"? :wink:

So is this Pearl Jam band any good?
How are their concerts? Are they worth seeing live?

:wink:

I agree Bugs is not one of there better moments, but "HeyFoxyMopHandleMama, Thats Me" is prolly there worst song ever if ye can call it a song.

PJ are amazing live, note perfect on every song, I was blown away by how good Eddie sounds live in person!!!

Back
Top Bottom