Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The first PJ concert in over a year and nobody posted the setlist? :tongue:

Canada Olympic Park
Aug 08, 2009
Set 1

* Why Go
* All Night
* Dissident
* The Fixer
* Got Some
* Severed Hand
* Sad
* Unemployable
* Even Flow
* Rats
* Save You
* Given To Fly
* Daughter
* Down
* Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town
* Do The Evolution
* Alive

Encore 1

* Better Man
* Brother
* Black
* Spin The Black Circle

Encore 2

* Crazy Mary
* The Real Me
* Yellow Ledbetter

Virgin Festival 2009

Awesome! The official tour debuts of The Fixer, Got Some, The Real Me, and Brother w/lyrics. All Night played for just the 10th time ever. Even Flow played for just the 632nd time ever.

And I believe they are playing a gig in London here in a few hours.

PJ setlists :drool::drool:

Interesting setlist for a festival...:scratch:

Only 2 songs from the new album? Yet 5 b-sides? Of course Brother and Yellow Ledbetter are pretty well known b-sides by now...

Only 2 songs from the new album? Yet 5 b-sides? Of course Brother and Yellow Ledbetter are pretty well known b-sides by now...

New album isn't out yet, so I think they don't want to spoil the surprise. Plenty of hits to satisfy the casual festival crowd, with a couple of surprises in there as well.

I don't know, man, I think it's a good mix of the crowd-pleasing and the rarities.

They played (with the exception of Jeremy and Last Kiss and maybe a couple others) all of their very well-known songs...the songs that the casual PJ fan would know: Alive, Black, Even Flow, Better Man, DTE, Elderly Woman, Daughter.

EDIT: djerdap beat me to it.

New album isn't out yet, so I think they don't want to spoil the surprise.

I would think at a festival you would want to promote the new album(even Pearl Jam) it comes out in a few weeks... Plus it's not like they haven't done it before.

I don't know, man, I think it's a good mix of the crowd-pleasing and the rarities.

They played (with the exception of Jeremy and Last Kiss and maybe a couple others) all of their very well-known songs...the songs that the casual PJ fan would know: Alive, Black, Even Flow, Better Man, DTE, Elderly Woman, Daughter.

EDIT: djerdap beat me to it.
I'm not saying it's a bad setlist, although I think the flow at the beginning sucks, and their encores are almost as predictable as U2's...:lol:

I would think at a festival you would want to promote the new album(even Pearl Jam) it comes out in a few weeks... Plus it's not like they haven't done it before.

Can't recall they did a bunch of new unreleased songs on a festival before... Outside of some club shows, they're pretty reserved when it comes to new material before it is released, at least in the post-Vitalogy era (that album being the exception). 2005 tour in Canada and South America being the primary example of this - no Avocado songs whatsoever.

Oh and encores almost as transparent as U2's? With Brother and The Real Me in there? Sure, Ledbetter and Better Man appear more than often, but there are frequent surprises in the encores all the time.

Oh and encores almost as transparent as U2's? With Brother and The Real Me in there? Sure, Ledbetter and Better Man appear more than often, but there are frequent surprises in the encores all the time.

I really meant the second encore more so...

Everytime I've seen them it's some kind of combination of...

Rockin In the Free World

Who cover

Crazy Mary

Yellow Ledbetter

Except for when I saw them in 95 they closed with a REM cover(because they were playing the next day) and Indifference :drool:

Last night at Shepherd's Bush Empire in London:

August 11, 2009 London, UK, Shepherd's Bush Empire

Set List: Sometimes, Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, The Fixer, All Along The Watchtower (w/ Ron Wood), Why Go, Dissident, Severed Hand, Given To Fly, Low Light, Even Flow, Present Tense, Save You, Down, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Brother, Do The Evolution, Got Some

1st encore: The End, Inside Job, Better Man, Alive

2nd encore: Soldier Of Love, State Of Love And Trust, The Real Me (w/ Simon Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter

Sweet, good find! whats the song at the end? The End ? :D

Bullseye! Looks like Ed is getting pretty good at axe throwing,
There's an article with PJ in the latest Q magazine were he talks about it.

Well I'm not liking Supersonic all that much either, but I'll be honest I don't really care for PJ's more "punk" sounding songs. To me Eddie has too great of a voice for those types of songs... it all started with Lukin:angry:

So far I'm only really liking the Speed of Sound demo and the mellow song at the end of the promo. Which is ashamed because I really do love PJ's more rocking songs, I just wish Ed would soar more vocally rather than what he seems to be doing these days... and I think a new guitar tone would suit them well.

so i'm going to see pearl jam now, after i flicked through a few youtube videos and realised i knew them after all. i guess i'll pick up ten, vitaology, vs...

Can't believe their playing Docklands Stadium....should be a good gig.......as long as they play Elderly Woman Behind A Counter In A Small Town.:drool:

Well I'm not liking Supersonic all that much either, but I'll be honest I don't really care for PJ's more "punk" sounding songs. To me Eddie has too great of a voice for those types of songs... it all started with Lukin:angry:

So far I'm only really liking the Speed of Sound demo and the mellow song at the end of the promo. Which is ashamed because I really do love PJ's more rocking songs, I just wish Ed would soar more vocally rather than what he seems to be doing these days... and I think a new guitar tone would suit them well.

BVS have you heard The End?? it's been played live at Eddie's solo shows... I am really loving this more acoustic phase of Eddie, I really like Into the Wild, although I think some of its songs sound unfinished

BVS have you heard The End?? it's been played live at Eddie's solo shows... I am really loving this more acoustic phase of Eddie, I really like Into the Wild, although I think some of its songs sound unfinished

I just checked out a youtube recording from their recent Shepard's Bush show... very good. :up:

Rotterdam set;

August 13, 2009 Rotterdam, Netherlands, Sportspaleis Ahoy
Opening band: Gomez

Set List: Small Town, Last Exit, Animal, The Fixer, Given To Fly, Severed Hand, Why Go, Dissident, Brother, Gone, Even Flow, Wishlist, Nothingman, 1/2 Full, Black, Got Some, Go

1st encore: Life Wasted, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Daughter, Lukin, Comatose, Alive

2nd encore: You've Got To Hide Your Love Away, Love Reign O'er Me, Do The Evolution, The Real Me, Yellow Ledbetter

Berlin:
August 15, 2009 Berlin, Germany, Wuhlheide
Opening band: Gomez

Set List: Why Go, Hail Hail, The Fixer, Corduroy, I Am Mine, Nothing As It Seems, Untitled, MFC, Gods' Dice, Even Flow, Unemployable, Severed Hand, Light Years, Daughter/(Blitzkrieg Bop), Got Some, Glorified G, Brother, Insignificance, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Bee Girl, Better Man/(Save It For Later), Given To Fly, Hard To Imagine, Alive

2nd encore: Angie (part/chorus. Rolling Stones), Small Town, Faithfull, Sonic Reducer, Rockin' In The Free World, Yellow Ledbetter

Back
Top Bottom