Pearl Jam Discussion Thread - Page 63 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-02-2010, 06:56 PM   #931
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
djerdap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,422
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
Why the hell wouldn't they play Love Boat Captain at that show? Hmmm.
They had actually soundchecked it (with Eddie reportedly choking up at the "Lost 9 friends we'll never know" line), but I guess it felt a bit too close at home so they decided to veto it. Eddie was pretty emotional that night.

YouTube - "Memories for victims of Roskilde tragedy / Come Back " Pearl Jam live @ Kindl-BühneWuhlheide 2010
__________________

__________________
djerdap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 01:49 PM   #932
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
July 3, 2010 Arras, France, Main Square Festival

Set List: Unthought Known, Got Some, Given To Fly, State Of Love And Trust, Corduroy, Even Flow, Just Breathe, Of The Earth, Small Town, Porch

Encore: Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Jeremy, Black, The Fixer, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter
Quote:
July 4, 2010 Werchter, Belgium, Werchter Festival

Set List: Public Image (Public Image Limited), Do The Evolution, Corduroy, The Fixer, Small Town, Severed Hand, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Arms Aloft (Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummmer), Unthought Known, Porch

1st encore: Of The Earth, Got Some, Given To Fly, Just Breathe, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Comatose, Why Go, Alive, Kick Out The Jams w/Alain Johnannes & Dave Grohl
Quote:
July 6, 2010 Venice, Italy, Heineken Jammin' Festival

Set List: Given To Fly, Interstellar Overdrive (Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright), Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, The Fixer, Small Town, Breath, MFC, Even Flow, Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Unthought Known, Porch

1st encore: Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Just Breathe, State Of Love And Trust, Arms Aloft (Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummmer), Jeremy

2nd encore: Got Some, Once, Black, Public Image (Public Image Limited), Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World w/Ben Harper, Jesse Ingalls, Jordan Richardson, Jason Mozersky
.
__________________

__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2010, 05:51 PM   #933
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
djerdap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,422
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Venice was amazing. I came in with reserved expectations, considering the latest festival setlists were quite underwhelming and short, but I got a pretty special show, with Eddie and the band being completely overwhelmed by the reception in Italy, playing gems like Breath, Present Tense, Red Mosquito or State of Love and Trust, along with some old hits, that never felt as welcome as they did last night. This was on pair with all the other gigs I saw, which means fantastic. Best live band ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
I'll take any setlist with Red Mosquito, Present Tense and State of Love and Trust in it.
Heh. First time for all of these tracks for me.
__________________
djerdap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 AM   #934
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Last 2 shows of the tour:
Quote:
July 9, 2010 Bilbao, Spain, BBK Live Festival

Set List: Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Why Go, The Fixer, Dissident, Small Town, Unthought Known, Even Flow, Arms Aloft (Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummer), Given To Fly, Comatose, Porch

1st encore: Got Some, Amongst The Waves, Black, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Just Breathe, Daughter w/Daniel Larriet, Alive
Quote:
July 10, 2010 Oeiras, Portugal, Optimus Alive! Festival

Set List: Release, Small Town, Animal, Given To Fly, In Hiding, Unthought Known, Nothingman, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), Even Flow, Just Breathe, Wishlist, Black, Glorified G, Why Go

1st encore: The End, Improv (Portugal, Portugal), Public Image (Public Image Limited), The Fixer, Wasted Reprise, Better Man

2nd encore: Smile, Once, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:36 PM   #935
HCL
War Child
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 831
Local Time: 09:28 AM
No one talking about what Vedder said on their last show of the tour?
__________________
HCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:43 PM   #936
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff View Post
No one talking about what Vedder said on their last show of the tour?
There's been plenty of anxious discussion on the message pit. This eased some folks' trepidation:

Pearl Jam Publicist Says Eddie Vedder's Remarks About the Band's Last Show "In A Long Time" Are Nothing Serious - Seattle Music - Reverb

Reminds me of Bono's "dream it all up again" speech in 1989, likely much ado about nothing.

We know they're taking a break so Matt can play with Soundgarden.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #937
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
MrPryck2U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: Long Island, NY, USA, Earth
Posts: 8,944
Local Time: 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff View Post
No one talking about what Vedder said on their last show of the tour?
The word going around was that Eddie's words got confused in the translation.
__________________
MrPryck2U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:45 PM   #938
Blue Crack Addict
 
GirlsAloudFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago
Posts: 25,278
Local Time: 06:28 AM
It won't be anything more than a year or so, I'd think. Which shouldn't be much of a surprise. Remember, the band didn't play a single show together from June of '08 through August of '09. I imagine this might be a similar length of "hiatus." Or even shorter.
__________________
GirlsAloudFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 02:49 PM   #939
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
djerdap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,422
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathcliff View Post
No one talking about what Vedder said on their last show of the tour?
Don't believe everything you read. The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Eddie is always prone to hyperbole when half-drunk and adrenaline-pumped at the end of gig. I can't think of how many concerts he said the almost opposite thing ("see ya next year") and not fulfilled that promise. They'll be back soon enough. There is going to be a break since Matt Cameron has his obligations with Soundgarden.
__________________
djerdap is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 03:13 PM   #940
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlsAloudFan View Post
It won't be anything more than a year or so, I'd think. Which shouldn't be much of a surprise. Remember, the band didn't play a single show together from June of '08 through August of '09. I imagine this might be a similar length of "hiatus." Or even shorter.
I expect you'll see a 20th anniversary show on 10/22/10...either in Seattle or Vegas as the 10th anniversary wa.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 04:27 PM   #941
HCL
War Child
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 831
Local Time: 09:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
Don't believe everything you read. The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Eddie is always prone to hyperbole when half-drunk and adrenaline-pumped at the end of gig. I can't think of how many concerts he said the almost opposite thing ("see ya next year") and not fulfilled that promise. They'll be back soon enough. There is going to be a break since Matt Cameron has his obligations with Soundgarden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPryck2U View Post
The word going around was that Eddie's words got confused in the translation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
There's been plenty of anxious discussion on the message pit. This eased some folks' trepidation:

Pearl Jam Publicist Says Eddie Vedder's Remarks About the Band's Last Show "In A Long Time" Are Nothing Serious - Seattle Music - Reverb

Reminds me of Bono's "dream it all up again" speech in 1989, likely much ado about nothing.

We know they're taking a break so Matt can play with Soundgarden.
Hmmm, got it. It's just that I read some news about this today but I didn't bother to see the video. I'm not a big PJ fan, but it's always sad when a band seem to be in a bad place. Glad this is not the case then.
__________________
HCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 05:33 PM   #942
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 01:28 PM
In other news, last week I finally got the 2009 Christmas Single.
Quite on time...
__________________
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 09:37 AM   #943
Blue Crack Addict
 
Hewson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Your own private Idaho
Posts: 26,470
Local Time: 07:28 AM
Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
In other news, last week I finally got the 2009 Christmas Single.
Quite on time...
I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it didn't have to cross the Atlantic or clear customs.
Thats why they now refer to it as the "holiday" single.
For you it was the "Bastille Day" single this time, for me it was the "Independence Day" single.
__________________
Hewson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:26 PM   #944
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Popmartijn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 32,543
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it didn't have to cross the Atlantic or clear customs.
Thats why they now refer to it as the "holiday" single.
For you it was the "Bastille Day" single this time, for me it was the "Independence Day" single.
"Holiday" single or not, it is dated 2009 (see the sleeve on the Turning Mist side).
__________________
Popmartijn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 02:41 PM   #945
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
djerdap's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,422
Local Time: 01:28 PM
Cannot wait to hear a studio version of Of the Earth. That song is amazing.
__________________

__________________
djerdap is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
pearl jam

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com