Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"Tour" info:

In support of their anticipated new release, Backspacer, in stores September 20th, Pearl Jam will be spending some time back on the road, with a series of select North American tour dates.

The tour kicks off in the band's hometown of Seattle, WA with two shows at the Key Arena on September 21st and 22nd, and closes with two shows at Philadelphia's historic Spectrum on October 28th and 30th.

Ben Harper and Relentless 7 will open all dates, except for the Spectrum Theater shows. All dates are subject to change.

DATE CITY VENUE PRE-SALE DATE/TIME

Sep-21 Seattle, WA Key Arena July 13th, 10am PDT
Sep-22 Seattle, WA Key Arena July 13th, 12pm PDT
Sep-30* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 10am PDT
Oct-1* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 12pm PDT
Oct-6* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 2pm PDT
Oct-7* Los Angeles, CA Gibson Amp. July 14th, 4pm PDT
Oct-9 San Diego, CA Viejas Arena July 15th, 10am PDT
Oct-28 Philadelphia, PA Spectrum July 15th, 12pm PDT
Oct-30 Philadelphia, PA Spectrum July 15th, 2pm PDT

* Due to the limited number of seats at the Gibson Amphitheater, Ten Club members are restricted to select one (1) show only at this venue.

(Note: Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced at a later date.)

The Ten Club ticket pre-sale will begin Monday, July 13th Pacific. You must be active as of July 7, 2009 to qualify for the ticket pre-sale opportunity. Ten Club pre-sale tickets are available online only at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard. No phone, mail, or email orders.

Ten Club tickets will be sold on a first come first serve basis. We will stagger ticket sales to control web traffic, so please pay attention to the corresponding pre-sale dates and times. Pre-sale tickets are first come first serve, while supplies last. Pre-sales for any available tickets will remain open until Thursday, July 16th at 5pm PDT. Confirmations will not be sent until the pre-sale has ended.

For wheelchair accessible seating, please contact us at 1-800-724-8038 before making a ticket purchase.

By opting to purchase tickets, you agree to all Ten Club policies:

All ticket sales are final. No refunds, transfers or exchanges.
Two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets.
Due to the limited amount of seats at the Gibson Amphitheater, Ten Club members are restricted to select one (1) show only at this venue.
Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the venue on the day of the show.
The fan club member must collect the tickets with a valid photo identification.
Ten Club tickets are for reserved seating and allocated by membership seniority, with the exception of rows 1-2 and rows 9-10 which will be used for random allocation.
Seat location is not revealed in advance of the show.
Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and revocation of all future ticket benefits.

Click here Ten Club Tickets | Pearl Jam - Ten Club for information on the official rules, policies, and procedures for purchasing tickets from the Ten Club. We highly recommend that you read these details before purchasing tickets to a show so you are aware of how the ticketing system will work for you!

Philadelphia Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday, July 17th at 10am EDT. Visit this link for details: comcastTIX.com | Your Official Online Ticket Site for Concerts, Sports, & Family Events
All other confirmed shows go on sale to the general public on Saturday, July 18th at 10amPDT. Visit this link for details: Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theater, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site

Questions about Ten Club tickets can be directed to tickets@tenclub.net or by calling 1-800-724-8038. Your patience is appreciated.

At this time, there are no more North American dates to be added to the current tour. However, keep your eyes on the horizon ... Australia and New Zealand are next. Details to come soon.

10club

Hmmm? Will I head down to Philly 10/30?? Or just wait... I sat out last year, I don't know if I can do it again.

But: The Fixer, woooo!

Alright, I just heard that shit. It's lame. It's a 30 second clip of the song with Joe Buck talking over the first 15 seconds of it. No thanks.

sounds catchy as hell... double vocal tracks..

love the production, very clean.. good they returned to Brendan O'Brien, my favorite pearl jam records are produced by him (vitalogy, no code)

can't wait 'till monday! :hyper: (radio release)

6221.jpg

available for pre order from the Ten Club :D

Someone wrote on wikipedia that they aren't planning to tour much in 2010 because one of them has a new baby, I know its not the best source, but that would make me sad (although its perfectly understandable).

As for The Fixer, its about as upbeat as you can get from PJ, and I like it.

When something's dark, let me shed a little light on it
When something's cold, let me put a little fire on it
If something's old, I wanna put a bit of shine on it
When something's gone, I wanna fight to get it back again!

When something's broke, I wanna put a bit of fixin on it
When something's bored, I wanna put a little exciting on it
If something's low, I wanna put a little high on it
When somethings los't, I wanna fight to get it back again!

When signals cross, I wanna put a little straight on it
If there's no love, I wanna try to love again...

I’ll say your prayers, I’ll take your side
I'll find us a way to make light
I'll dig your grave, we'll dance and sing
What's saved could be one last lifetime...

That's a far cry from "I will stand arms outstretched, pretend I'm free to roam.
I will make my way through one more day in hell"

It's been great seeing Eddie become a more open and positive guy over the years, in both his music and his public persona. He just seems so much happier these days. Probably has a lot to do with his little girl, and the wisdom that comes with age, etc. I'm just very glad he didn't fizzle out like so many of his contemporaries.

After several listens I'm still not digging this song. This is a first for me. :sad: But I thought the singles on the last album were the weakest tracks so hopefully that's the case again this time around.

After several listens I'm still not digging this song. This is a first for me. :sad: But I thought the singles on the last album were the weakest tracks so hopefully that's the case again this time around.

yeah, unfortunately, i feel the same way. maybe i'm just falling out of love with PJ, but this song just feels "same old, same old" to me. :(

I love PJ to death, and cannot wait for the Chicago shows and the new album, but I'm not digging the new song at all. :( I have higher hopes for the rest of the album. As GAF alluded to, though, glad Eddie and company are still around. They're gonna blow the roof off of the UC in a few weeks.

Have any of you heard the new song The End? I think It will give you high hopes on this new album... it's a beautiful ballad performed by Eddie on his solo tour, but it's included in Backspacer

Back
Top Bottom