Pearl Jam Discussion Thread - Page 58 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-07-2010, 10:29 AM   #856
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
i take the RFK bridge home a lot because there's less traffic heading that way than the midtown tunnel or the queensboro bridge, but i can't imagine what trying to get out of there for a concert by car would be like. there's one exit on and off, and you get onto a bridge right at the toll booths. that would be a nightmare of epic proportions.
Twas brutal.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:34 AM   #857
Blue Crack Addict

Columbo, Oh Hi Oh:

May 6, 2010 Columbus, OH, Nationwide Arena

Mike's preset: Dead Flowers (Jagger, Richards), Untitled song for Mike’s son (McCready)

Set List: Oceans, Given To Fly, Corduroy, Got Some, World Wide Suicide, Faithfull, Small Town, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Comatose, Marker In The Sand, Unthought Known, Grievance, Alone, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Just Breathe, Black, State Of Love And Trust, Spin The Black Circle, Go

2nd encore: Come Back (dedicated to Brian Shaffer), Once, Hail Hail, Crazy Mary (Williams), Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

Brian Shaffer is a Columbus area PJ fan (I believe a tOSU med student) who went missing in 2006 and hasn't been seen since. Some 10clubbers have been aiding in efforts to locate him for the past 4 years.

Old 05-07-2010, 10:58 AM   #858
Blue Crack Distributor

mcready's doing presets now?
Old 05-07-2010, 01:09 PM   #859
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:12 AM
Fuck these spoiler tags. So pointless. Especially since we discuss the setlist afterwards without them. Anyways, this is the best 2010 set by far for now. Love that 1st encore, Alone is one of my favourite b-sides, Come Back is beautiful, and you know you're in for a special show when Oceans is the opener.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:39 PM   #860
Blue Crack Distributor

oceans is the only song off of Ten that i've never heard, so that would be nice to get at one of these 3 upcoming shows
Old 05-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #861
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
Fuck these spoiler tags.
I'm doing them more or less as a sarcastic protest.
Old 05-07-2010, 03:05 PM   #862
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
mcready's doing presets now?
That certainly increases the urgency to get to the venue by 7:30.
Old 05-10-2010, 07:58 AM   #863
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Sooo...

May 7, 2010 Noblesville, Indiana, Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre Indiana
Set List: Release, Last Exit, Got Some, Why Go, In My Tree, Small Town, Unthought Known, Even Flow, Supersonic, Down, Daughter/WMA/Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), Goin’ Back To Indiana (The Corporation) [partial version], Rats, Wishlist, Insignificance, Force Of Nature (dedicated To Hud Mellencamp), Jeremy, The Fixer

1st encore: Just Breathe, Off He Goes, Given To Fly, Lukin, Better Man, Do The Evolution

2nd encore: Garden, Whipping, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

and...

May 9, 2010 Cleveland, OH, Quicken Loans Arena
Set List: Wash, Hail Hail, Corduroy, Got Some, In Hiding, World Wide Suicide, Force Of Nature, Immortality, Go, Even Flow, Army Reserve, Unthought Known, Daughter/WMA, Sleight Of Hand, Johnny Guitar, Do The Evolution, The Fixer, Why Go

1st encore: Just Breathe, Given To Fly, Leash, Porch

2nd encore: Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Black, The Real Me (Townshend), Smile, Alive, Indifference

Noblesville set features Release, In My Tree, Off He Goes and Garden, which makes it awesome, but god damn that Cleveland show is a monster. Wash opening for the first time since Mansfield 2008, rare appearances of Immortality (why aren't they playing their greatest song more often?), Sleight of Hand , Leash, Smile and Indifference. And the only logical place in the set to have Wasted Reprise is as an intro to Life Wasted (never liked the Wasted Reprise/Better Man combo), which makes for a great opener, whether it is the main set or in the encore. Looks like this Cleveland show is a worthy successor to the Cleveland 2006 one. That's one of my favourite bootlegs ever and it doesn't get mentioned that often.

Fuck. Why can't I see them on a stand-alone gig? There's no way a setlist this good will be played on a festival.

Oh yeah, the soundcheck for the Cleveland show was even more interesting. Along with Wash and Sleight of Hand, they performed gems like Undone, Fatal, No Way and Speed of Sound. Hoping they'll make an appearance soon, especially the first two that weren't played since Backspacer came out...
Old 05-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #864
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:12 PM
I was at the show last night. It was just so awesome. Had such a great time and on top of that got 9th Row Center seats which just made it perfect. Wow, I'm so glad I decided to come to Cleveland, I realyl needed this little get away.

I must say Quicken Loand is a great arena. The sound was absolutely incredible. The band sounded fantastic. Now I regret not having planned on going to another show.

It felt like this was a fall show. It is still so fucking cold in Cleveland.

Oh and they're playing u23d at the RRHOF so got to see that again also.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:36 AM   #865
Blue Crack Addict

As Drew Carey likes to say, Cleveland Rocks.
Nice setlist.
So Rose you hit the lottery for 9th row? Good for you.
Hoping Fatal shows up in Hartford or Beantown.
Old 05-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #866
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
Oh yeah, the soundcheck for the Cleveland show was even more interesting. Along with Wash and Sleight of Hand, they performed gems like Undone, Fatal, No Way and Speed of Sound. Hoping they'll make an appearance soon, especially the first two that weren't played since Backspacer came out...
sounds like they're gearing up for next week's boston/jersey/new york run...

i'm hoping for a springsteen cover in newark... i'm really hoping for a springsteen appearance but i'm not gonna hold my breath on that one.

breath would be nice too
Old 05-10-2010, 11:49 AM   #867
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:12 PM
Is it tonight yet?
Old 05-10-2010, 05:35 PM   #868
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
As Drew Carey likes to say, Cleveland Rocks.
Nice setlist.
So Rose you hit the lottery for 9th row? Good for you.
Hoping Fatal shows up in Hartford or Beantown.
Yeah, I couldn't believe it. I was afraid to look at the tickets and actually didn't have my glasses with me so I couldn't read them anyway. The woman in front of me on the ticket line was dying to see what I had gotten so she read them for me. My friend was so happy when she saw we had won the lottery!! I have a really high number so this was really a treat!

It was so incredible, particularly because I didn't have tall people in front of me so I actually had a perfect view of the entire stage.
Old 05-11-2010, 07:41 AM   #869
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

May 10, 2010 Buffalo, NY, HSBC Arena
Set List: Unthought Known, Severed Hand, Animal, The Fixer, Small Town, No Way, Given To Fly, Light Years, Even Flow, Amongst The Waves, Unemployable, Grievance, Not For You, Got Some, Do The Evolution, Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later

1st encore:
Just Breathe, Fatal, Last Kiss, Spin the Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore:
Once, Alive, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter

Great to see No Way, Fatal and Fuckin' Up (a Neil Young cover I prefer to Rockin' in the Free World) in there, and Unthought Known always seemed like an ideal opening song waiting to happen.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:39 AM   #870
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
May 13, 2010 Bristow, VA, Jiffy Lube Live

Set List: Small Town, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Brain Of J, Save You, Given To Fly, Present Tense, Down, Unthought Known, Insignificance, Even Flow, Comatose, Faithfull, All Those Yesterdays, Black, The Fixer, Do The Evolution

1st encore: The End, Just Breathe (dedicated to Carmine MacKaye), Garden, Why Go, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Blood/Atomic Dog (Clinton, Shider, Spradley)

2nd encore: Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling) [song title dedicated to Sean Penn for Haiti relief work], Spin The Black Circle, Alive (dedicated to Jon Tester), Sonic Reducer (Bators, Blitz, Chrome, Magnum, Thomas, Zero), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner
No truth to the rumor that Boom gave all 10 clubbers free oil changes.

Tags
pearl jam