Pearl Jam Discussion Thread - Page 55 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 05-05-2010, 08:26 AM   #811
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
St. Louis:

Man I f I had seen the N'awlins and KC setlists before attending St Louis, I'd have known exactly what was coming, thank goodness for spoiler tags.
Same setlists every night! They've sold out! There goes my chance of ever experiencing Evil Little Goat live!

Solid setlist once more, with Garden being a personal highlight. Great to see Sometimes and All Night back as well. Not a fan of Pilate, but any comeback is a good thing in my book. Now lets see some All Those Yesterdays, thank you very much.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #812
Blue Crack Supplier

Sometimes and Rearviewmirror! Two songs I hope to see live in person one day. Yes, I know that Rearviewmirror isn't a rarity at all, but somehow Pearl Jam don't seem to play it the three times that I was in the audience.

Old 05-05-2010, 09:30 AM   #813
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:49 PM

i would just like to add, for the record, that i fully intend on discussing the setlists, especially when a rare and OMG OMG OMG AWESOME song gets played, so these spoiler tags are fairly useless
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 AM   #814
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
Yes, I know that Rearviewmirror isn't a rarity at all, but somehow Pearl Jam don't seem to play it the three times that I was in the audience.
Heh. The same for me. My song statistics are pretty bizarre, since I've seen them three times and no Rearviewmirror, Go or Animal for me! On the other hand, I've seen rare stuff like All or None, Thin Air (well, rare from 2005 onwards), Brother, Bee Girl, Sonic Reducer and Gimme Some Truth.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:12 AM   #815
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
Heh. The same for me. My song statistics are pretty bizarre, since I've seen them three times and no Rearviewmirror, Go or Animal for me! On the other hand, I've seen rare stuff like All or None, Thin Air (well, rare from 2005 onwards), Brother, Bee Girl, Sonic Reducer and Gimme Some Truth.
Yeah, I got nice ones like Indifference, In Hiding, Brother and Hunger Strike (and also Go and Animal ). But I'm still hoping to get Porch, Rearviewmirror, Breakerfall, Insignificance or Rockin' In The Free World.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:31 AM   #816
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Yeah, I got nice ones like Indifference, In Hiding, Brother and Hunger Strike (and also Go and Animal ). But I'm still hoping to get Porch, Rearviewmirror, Breakerfall, Insignificance or Rockin' In The Free World.
Indifference and Hunger Strike (Antwerpen 2006 I presume)? I hate you!

I've seen Porch and Rockin' all three times, Insignificance once. Breakerfall is one of my biggest wishes as well, but they're not playing that one that often.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:41 AM   #817
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:49 PM
So far really good setlists, but it's not much of a Fixer tour is it?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:42 AM   #818
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Indifference and Hunger Strike (Antwerpen 2006 I presume)? I hate you!
Yep, that's the one. After 14 years of being a Pearl Jam fan, that was my first PJ concert. There was a great version of Black too.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:46 AM   #819
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
So far really good setlists, but it's not much of a Fixer tour is it?
I count 4-6 songs from Backspacer in the three setlists we have so far. That looks about average for Pearl Jam. Of course, they could choose to play the whole album in order in one of the upcoming shows. I guess the official Pearl Jam forum would then explode... with all the complaints that they could predict what the next song would be.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:10 PM   #820
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I count 4-6 songs from Backspacer in the three setlists we have so far. That looks about average for Pearl Jam.
Yeah, they like to vary the songs from the new record as well, did so since the No Code days. I'm sure there will be a set soon with more Backspacer songs.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:22 PM   #821
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I count 4-6 songs from Backspacer in the three setlists we have so far. That looks about average for Pearl Jam. Of course, they could choose to play the whole album in order in one of the upcoming shows. I guess the official Pearl Jam forum would then explode... with all the complaints that they could predict what the next song would be.
I have no idea why I called it 'Fixer' , but anyways four songs doesn't seem like much plus to bury them so deep in the set rubs me wrong too...

It's a personal thing. Out of all the times I've seen PJ, they only once opened with an older song...
Old 05-05-2010, 12:33 PM   #822
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I have no idea why I called it 'Fixer' , but anyways four songs doesn't seem like much plus to bury them so deep in the set rubs me wrong too...

It's a personal thing. Out of all the times I've seen PJ, they only once opened with an older song...
What does "burying songs deep in the set" even mean? Two new songs were played in the encores at the last gig, when the crowd is slowly expecting the big hits to come by, not to mention the fact that The Fixer was the main set closer. They've played 6 Backspacer songs in Kansas City, which is equal to the average amount of new songs that U2 plays as well (in the 2000s at least), who are even more proud of their new material. They'll probably play 8 or 9 BS songs (heh) on some other gig, as they did on some 2009 concerts. Expect the unexpected.

Openers are vastly different at each PJ gig, ranging sometimes from new songs (they've opened with Gonna See My Friend in 2009 for example), to Ten classics like Oceans or Release, or relatively obscure (but great) tracks like Of the Girl or Hard to Imagine. So, it's probably one more statistical weirdness that you got to see only one time an older opener, just like I got fucking Bee Girl, but no Rearviewmirror. Why Go and Release opened 2 out of 3 gigs I've been to, songs that are over 15 years old. And it was awesome!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:49 PM   #823
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
What does "burying songs deep in the set" even mean?
Meaning some of these setlists you can go over 30 minutes before any new material...
Old 05-05-2010, 12:54 PM   #824
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Meaning some of these setlists you can go over 30 minutes before any new material...
And on some of the next concerts the first 30 minutes will be filled with new material (in fact, the Kansas City show had something like this). It's called variety. It's just how this band works. They probably didn't even notice this, since they usually complete the setlist 20 minutes before the gig starts.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:48 PM   #825
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

The long expected Philly bootlegs available, also on a limited 9CD box set.

Phinally Philly | Pearl Jam - Ten Club

106 songs played during 4 shows , including all 11 Backspacer songs! *cough cough*

And if that's indeed the cover, it's bat shit ugly.

Looks like the rumoured DVD is still just a rumour, which would be a shame. And it's interesting how many of my favorites were actually excluded from these setlists, like Brain of J., Breakerfall, Indifference, W.M.A., Red Mosquito (especially ironic since it was the closest thing to a PJ regular in 2009, due to Ben Harper's guitar playing - his band not opening in Philly has been the main factor in this for sure), Of the Girl, Sleight of Hand or Release. Oh well, the other 100+ tracks will have to suffice.

Tags
pearl jam