Pearl Jam Discussion Thread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 04-28-2010, 09:43 AM   #796
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Still decent side (McCready's side no less) stage lowers on Ticketmaster.
just picked one up myself as insurance in case i can't find somebody to swap 10c msg tix with, side stage mccready

might just keep this ticket instead of do the 10c thing

Old 04-28-2010, 09:44 AM   #797
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
Still decent side (McCready's side no less) stage lowers on Ticketmaster.

Thanks. I'll try for them after I try for Muse tickets.

Old 05-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #798
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:21 PM
The 2010 tour has begun!

The setlist for the New Orleans JazzFest show (taken from Pearl Jam's official message board):

Set List: So You Want to Be A Rock And Roll Star (The Byrds), Lukin, Corduroy, In My Tree, Got Some, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Severed Hand, Nothingman, Down, Unthought Known, 1/2 Full, Daughter/People Have The Power (Patti Smith), Comatose, Supersonic, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore: Tremor Christ, Just Breathe, Better Man/Save It For Later, The Fixer, Alive, Kick Out The Jams (MC5)

Pretty interesting set for a festival, with the inclusion of rarities like In My Tree, Tremor Christ and Nothingman, along with the fact that they never opened with that rare Byrds cover. A bit short though, supposedly they ended 15 minutes before the curfew, which is pretty weird for a band quite well-known for regularly breaking curfews. Still hoping for some crazy sets in the future!
Old 05-03-2010, 04:12 PM   #799
Blue Crack Distributor

Old 05-03-2010, 05:39 PM   #800
Refugee

Old 05-03-2010, 05:45 PM   #801
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

I didn't notice there was a discussion whether to hide PJ setlists here or not, but they are most of the time drastically different so there is not much point to it. Still, if somebody insists, I'll gladly tag them in the future.
Old 05-03-2010, 05:56 PM   #802
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:21 AM
There had been a discussion several pages back. Probably best to spoiler tag the setlist in the future.

Although I do agree that these setlists aren't static in general so knowing what they've played at previous shows isn't necessarily an indication of what they'll play at any particular future show.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM   #803
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramblin rose View Post
There had been a discussion several pages back. Probably best to spoiler tag the setlist in the future.

Although I do agree that these setlists aren't static in general so knowing what they've played at previous shows isn't necessarily an indication of what they'll play at any particular future show.
I've been following Pearl Jam setlists for a long time, and I was still 99% of the time completely surprised for all of the concerts I went to, sometimes to the point that one of my favorite songs of theirs was only played one time in 2006 - and it was on the concert I attended.

Maybe that will put some perspective, because God I hate these spoiler tags.
Old 05-03-2010, 06:53 PM   #804
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
I didn't notice there was a discussion whether to hide PJ setlists here or not, but they are most of the time drastically different so there is not much point to it. Still, if somebody insists, I'll gladly tag them in the future.
Ah I'm not too bothered, my last post was kind of a joke,
I probably wold have sneaked a peek anyway, I know PJ mix it up alot, either way I don't think I could be disappointed by a PJ show, that set is amazing!!! with the exception of 1/2 Full for me, I hate that tune, but In My Tree!
Old 05-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #805
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by djerdap View Post
A bit short though, supposedly they ended 15 minutes before the curfew, which is pretty weird for a band quite well-known for regularly breaking curfews. Still hoping for some crazy sets in the future!
There's word that they were having some technical glitches throughout the night, that may be why they didn't do a 2nd encore...either that or Boom needed to bail and find some fresh poi.

As for the setlist issue...I can see it being an issue with U2, cause if you see the setlist for their first show on tour and it has say 26 songs, and you have tix for the 42nd show, you can count on at least 24 of those 26 being played, in that same order, with the same video screen accompaniment. For Pearl Jam the same setlist (which would likley be closer to 34 songs) would never surface again and likely of the 34 songs, you'd get a maximum 10-11 repeats at your show later in the tour, with only 3 or 4 in the same spot on the setlist (Alive at the end of encore 1, Yellow ledbetter to end the night being the only sure things, if a 40% chance was a sure thing).
Old 05-04-2010, 09:22 AM   #806
Blue Crack Addict

To wit, looks like 9 repeats of Jazzfest songs last night in KC:

May 3, 2010 Kansas City, Missouri, Sprint Center

Set List: Of The Girl, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Unthought Known, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, MFC, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, God’s Dice, Present Tense, Daughter, Wishlist, Insignificance, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Off He Goes, Just Breathe, Given To Fly, The Fixer, Life Wasted, Porch

2nd encore: No More (with guest Tomas Young), Black, Better Man, Happy Birthday to Mark “Smitty” Smith, Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner (with guest Curt Tomasevicz playing bass guitar)
Old 05-04-2010, 09:46 AM   #807
Blue Crack Distributor

good to see MFC making a return. i'd also like to see a little Untitled, perhaps hooked into unthought known like they did in the fall. that would make me smile. when the sun don't shine. it don't shine at all. ok i'll stop.

i tried doing smile at kareoke once... thought it would be easy. much harder than it seems.
Old 05-04-2010, 02:17 PM   #808
I hate this place

Local Time: 08:21 AM
Quote:
Big Pearl Jam fan

Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam, is a big baseball fan.

And Monday night at the Sprint Center, where Pearl Jam performed, Vedder showed he also is a Royals fan. Or at least a fan of a former Royal.

Vedder put on a Royals jersey and announced to the crowd: “This isn’t some jersey from Sears.

I got this from a legend. No. 6. Willie Wilson. It’s his first Pearl Jam concert tonight.”

Then the crowd started chanting “Willie, Willie!”

Vedder even dedicated a song to Willie, “Given to Fly,” which is fitting.
Gordon’s time in minors to shift to left field and first base - KansasCity.com
Old 05-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #809
Blue Crack Distributor

Cool.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 AM   #810
Blue Crack Addict

St. Louis:

Quote:
May 4, 2010 St Louis, Missouri, Scottrade Center

Set List: Sometimes, Corduroy, All Night, Do The Evolution, Why Go, Small Town, In Hiding, Even Flow, Unthought Known, Save You, Down, Pilate, Severed Hand, Not For You, Glorified G, 1/2 Full, Daughter, The Fixer

1st encore: Inside Job, Just Breathe, Jeremy, Got Some, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Garden, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)

Man I f I had seen the N'awlins and KC setlists before attending St Louis, I'd have known exactly what was coming, thank goodness for spoiler tags.

Tags
pearl jam