Pearl Jam Discussion Thread - Page 40 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2009, 06:10 AM   #586
45:33

Local Time: 01:42 PM
they played dissident in sydney.

i can't afford these things... it's cool that they do it though.

Old 11-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #587
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
so how are Glorified G and Dissident received amongst fans? probably my two favourite songs off Vs.
They're two of my least favourite songs on Vs. And Glorified G is really their lowpoint IMO.

Eddie was sick at the Sydney gig; otherwise the setlist had even more songs than the Melbourne gig. Bad luck, I suppose.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:31 AM   #588
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:42 PM
all pearl jam concerts are digitaly mastered and released via their website for $9.99 a piece. usually pop up on the site a week or two after the show... sometimes sooner, sometimes later. you can get it in either physical CD form, downloadable mp3, or for $14.99 you can get it in downloadable FLAC form.

if you don't wanna pay 10 bucks for the rich, cd quality master recording, you can always search for a nice crappy audience recording for free. try theskyiscrape.com
Old 11-23-2009, 12:46 PM   #589
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2DMfan View Post
According to my TV listings, they're on Austin City Limits Thanksgiving night.
It was on here Saturday evening. I recorded it on my DVR, haven't watched yet.

I need to buy the show I went to.
Old 11-23-2009, 08:15 PM   #590
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 12:42 PM
No Code

That is all.
Old 11-23-2009, 10:57 PM   #591
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
i can't afford these things... it's cool that they do it though.
Er, $10?
Old 11-24-2009, 06:07 AM   #592

oh, i didn't realise they were all professionally done and released so cheaply. i'll do it for sure.

but do i have to become a ten club member as well?
Old 11-24-2009, 07:06 AM   #593
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
oh, i didn't realise they were all professionally done and released so cheaply. i'll do it for sure.

but do i have to become a ten club member as well?
No, you don't have to become a Ten Club member. Just go here Store | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and then go to the 2009 Bootlegs section.
In a few weeks, the Aussie boots will hopefully be available (it's usually 2-3 weeks, though the Euro boots took a few months to become available). As said earlier, MP3 downloads are $10. Bootleg CDs (burned to order, but with professional artwork) are $21.50 ($17 for the boot plus $4.50 shipping and handling) and they ship out fast.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:14 AM   #594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popmartijn View Post
No, you don't have to become a Ten Club member. Just go here Store | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and then go to the 2009 Bootlegs section.
In a few weeks, the Aussie boots will hopefully be available (it's usually 2-3 weeks, though the Euro boots took a few months to become available). As said earlier, MP3 downloads are $10. Bootleg CDs (burned to order, but with professional artwork) are $21.50 ($17 for the boot plus $4.50 shipping and handling) and they ship out fast.
that's awesome! i always wondered what the artwork was on sites like u2gigs for example. i'll definitely do this!
Old 11-24-2009, 08:36 AM   #595
Blue Crack Distributor

yea... pearl jam rules and stuff. they started the official bootleg program back in 2000 to combat against people who were making crappy audience recordings and then hording them for trade or worse, sale. so now you can get an official recording of whatever show you went to for as little as 10 bucks, digitaly mastered by the band's own sound guy's.

it kinda rules, and i wish other acts would do the same.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:45 AM   #596
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
yea... pearl jam rules and stuff. they started the official bootleg program back in 2000 to combat against people who were making crappy audience recordings and then hording them for trade or worse, sale. so now you can get an official recording of whatever show you went to for as little as 10 bucks, digitaly mastered by the band's own sound guy's.

it kinda rules, and i wish other acts would do the same.
I wouldn't necessarily say "combat", although they were definitely against people making money from audience bootlegs. In fact, on the early bootlegs you can hear Eddie noticing and supporting tapers in the crowd. It was more like a better-quality alternative. I would be glad if U2 for example did the same, but is it really worth it when you have the same setlist (more or less) every night?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:12 PM   #597
Blue Crack Distributor

Pearl Jam gets a leg up on bootleggers with the unprecedented simultaneous release of 25 two-CD sets next month.
The collection contains a full live performance from each date on the band's summer European tour. And to stoke competition with the thriving bootleg underground, the discs are priced to move. Fans can order sets for $10.98 each beginning Tuesday on the band's two Web sites: Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club. The discs arrive in stores with a $16.98 price tag Sept. 26. Affordability aside, nobody's predicting a lofty chart reign.

"Our expectations are low," singer Eddie Vedder says. "It's not for everybody. But a lot of people out there buy bootlegs, and it's risky, because you can spend a lot of money and get very poor quality. I used to buy them online for 35 bucks and get lousy sound. At least there's some consistency here. If you're going to hear our mistakes, you might as well hear them clearly."

Pearl Jam's bootlegs give others the boot

they were trying to stop people from selling crappy recordings at high prices to their fans by offering them a low cost quality recording.

u2 doing this would be useless, springsteen doing it on the other hand...

a man can only dream
Old 11-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #598
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
Pearl Jam gets a leg up on bootleggers with the unprecedented simultaneous release of 25 two-CD sets next month.
The collection contains a full live performance from each date on the band's summer European tour. And to stoke competition with the thriving bootleg underground, the discs are priced to move. Fans can order sets for $10.98 each beginning Tuesday on the band's two Web sites: Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club. The discs arrive in stores with a $16.98 price tag Sept. 26. Affordability aside, nobody's predicting a lofty chart reign.

"Our expectations are low," singer Eddie Vedder says. "It's not for everybody. But a lot of people out there buy bootlegs, and it's risky, because you can spend a lot of money and get very poor quality. I used to buy them online for 35 bucks and get lousy sound. At least there's some consistency here. If you're going to hear our mistakes, you might as well hear them clearly."

Pearl Jam's bootlegs give others the boot

they were trying to stop people from selling crappy recordings at high prices to their fans by offering them a low cost quality recording.

u2 doing this would be useless, springsteen doing it on the other hand...

a man can only dream
And this is different to what I've said... how?

Anyway, for Springsteen it would be amazing indeed. Heard that he recently played the whole E Street Shuffle album, now that would be stunning to hear in soundboard quality.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 AM   #599
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
so how do i go about obtaining a boot of the concert?
The official bootlegs from the Australian tour are available in the Ten Club store: Store | Pearl Jam - Ten Club (in the 2009 Bootlegs section, do a sort on release date)
Old 12-06-2009, 12:11 AM   #600

awesome mate, thanks heaps!

i just wish it included the support acts, they were brilliant...

edit- any way i can get just an mp3 download, as opposed to the cd?

Tags
pearl jam