Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
July 3, 2010 Arras, France, Main Square Festival

Set List: Unthought Known, Got Some, Given To Fly, State Of Love And Trust, Corduroy, Even Flow, Just Breathe, Of The Earth, Small Town, Porch

Encore: Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Jeremy, Black, The Fixer, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter

July 4, 2010 Werchter, Belgium, Werchter Festival

Set List: Public Image (Public Image Limited), Do The Evolution, Corduroy, The Fixer, Small Town, Severed Hand, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Arms Aloft (Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummmer), Unthought Known, Porch

1st encore: Of The Earth, Got Some, Given To Fly, Just Breathe, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Comatose, Why Go, Alive, Kick Out The Jams w/Alain Johnannes & Dave Grohl

July 6, 2010 Venice, Italy, Heineken Jammin' Festival

Set List: Given To Fly, Interstellar Overdrive (Barrett, Mason, Waters, Wright), Corduroy, World Wide Suicide, The Fixer, Small Town, Breath, MFC, Even Flow, Present Tense, Do The Evolution, Unthought Known, Porch

1st encore: Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Just Breathe, State Of Love And Trust, Arms Aloft (Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummmer), Jeremy

2nd encore: Got Some, Once, Black, Public Image (Public Image Limited), Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World w/Ben Harper, Jesse Ingalls, Jordan Richardson, Jason Mozersky

Venice was amazing. I came in with reserved expectations, considering the latest festival setlists were quite underwhelming and short, but I got a pretty special show, with Eddie and the band being completely overwhelmed by the reception in Italy, playing gems like Breath, Present Tense, Red Mosquito or State of Love and Trust, along with some old hits, that never felt as welcome as they did last night. This was on pair with all the other gigs I saw, which means fantastic. Best live band ever.

I'll take any setlist with Red Mosquito, Present Tense and State of Love and Trust in it.

Heh. First time for all of these tracks for me.

Last 2 shows of the tour:
July 9, 2010 Bilbao, Spain, BBK Live Festival

Set List: Do The Evolution, Corduroy, Hail Hail, Why Go, The Fixer, Dissident, Small Town, Unthought Known, Even Flow, Arms Aloft (Bullen, Shields, Slatterly, Stafford, Strummer), Given To Fly, Comatose, Porch

1st encore: Got Some, Amongst The Waves, Black, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Just Breathe, Daughter w/Daniel Larriet, Alive

July 10, 2010 Oeiras, Portugal, Optimus Alive! Festival

Set List: Release, Small Town, Animal, Given To Fly, In Hiding, Unthought Known, Nothingman, Daughter/Blitzkrieg Bop (Ramones), Even Flow, Just Breathe, Wishlist, Black, Glorified G, Why Go

1st encore: The End, Improv (Portugal, Portugal), Public Image (Public Image Limited), The Fixer, Wasted Reprise, Better Man

2nd encore: Smile, Once, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

No one talking about what Vedder said on their last show of the tour?

There's been plenty of anxious discussion on the message pit. This eased some folks' trepidation:

Pearl Jam Publicist Says Eddie Vedder's Remarks About the Band's Last Show "In A Long Time" Are Nothing Serious - Seattle Music - Reverb

Reminds me of Bono's "dream it all up again" speech in 1989, likely much ado about nothing.

We know they're taking a break so Matt can play with Soundgarden.

It won't be anything more than a year or so, I'd think. Which shouldn't be much of a surprise. Remember, the band didn't play a single show together from June of '08 through August of '09. I imagine this might be a similar length of "hiatus." Or even shorter.

Don't believe everything you read. The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Eddie is always prone to hyperbole when half-drunk and adrenaline-pumped at the end of gig. I can't think of how many concerts he said the almost opposite thing ("see ya next year") and not fulfilled that promise. They'll be back soon enough. There is going to be a break since Matt Cameron has his obligations with Soundgarden.

It won't be anything more than a year or so, I'd think. Which shouldn't be much of a surprise. Remember, the band didn't play a single show together from June of '08 through August of '09. I imagine this might be a similar length of "hiatus." Or even shorter.

I expect you'll see a 20th anniversary show on 10/22/10...either in Seattle or Vegas as the 10th anniversary wa.

Don't believe everything you read. The whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. Eddie is always prone to hyperbole when half-drunk and adrenaline-pumped at the end of gig. I can't think of how many concerts he said the almost opposite thing ("see ya next year") and not fulfilled that promise. They'll be back soon enough. There is going to be a break since Matt Cameron has his obligations with Soundgarden.

The word going around was that Eddie's words got confused in the translation.

There's been plenty of anxious discussion on the message pit. This eased some folks' trepidation:

Pearl Jam Publicist Says Eddie Vedder's Remarks About the Band's Last Show "In A Long Time" Are Nothing Serious - Seattle Music - Reverb

Reminds me of Bono's "dream it all up again" speech in 1989, likely much ado about nothing.

We know they're taking a break so Matt can play with Soundgarden.

Hmmm, got it. It's just that I read some news about this today but I didn't bother to see the video. I'm not a big PJ fan, but it's always sad when a band seem to be in a bad place. Glad this is not the case then. :)

In other news, last week I finally got the 2009 Christmas Single.
Quite on time... :shifty:

I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it didn't have to cross the Atlantic or clear customs.
Thats why they now refer to it as the "holiday" single.
For you it was the "Bastille Day" single this time, for me it was the "Independence Day" single. :wink:

I got mine about 2 weeks ago and it didn't have to cross the Atlantic or clear customs.
Thats why they now refer to it as the "holiday" single.
For you it was the "Bastille Day" single this time, for me it was the "Independence Day" single. :wink:

"Holiday" single or not, it is dated 2009 (see the sleeve on the Turning Mist side). :hmm:

Cannot wait to hear a studio version of Of the Earth. That song is amazing.

Pearl Jam Radio comes to Sirius/XM
Pearl Jam and SIRIUS XM Radio have announced today that it will introduce Pearl Jam Radio, a commercial-free music channel devoted to the music of Pearl Jam on Friday, October 22, the 20th anniversary of the band's first public performance.

Pearl Jam Radio will launch with a special airing of the band's 10th anniversary concert recorded in Las Vegas on October 22, 2000. The concert will be heard in its entirety on Friday, October 22 at 6:00 pm ET. The first day of Pearl Jam Radio on SIRIUS XM will also feature rarely heard highlights from the band's very first concert performance on October 22, 1990 at Off Ramp Cafe in Seattle, Washington.

In addition to these launch day specials, Pearl Jam Radio will feature archival concerts from throughout the band's celebrated 20-year career, rarities, unreleased material from the band's personal music library and music from the band's side projects, including solo and pre-Pearl Jam music.

Additionally, Pearl Jam Radio will offer listeners a unique, interactive experience with the weekly show The All Encompassing Trip, a fan roundtable hosted by Tim Bierman, Manager of Ten Club, Pearl Jam's official fan club, and long-time Pearl Jam enthusiast and radio veteran Rob Bleetstein. Pearl Jam fans will be invited to participate in conversations on a different theme each week pertaining to the music, news and touring world of Pearl Jam.

"Pearl Jam is unique in the history of the American music scene and has released some of the most influential music of the past two decades," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM Radio. "From their love of vinyl to their respect for their fans to their dedication to social causes, the band's continuing legacy is something we're thrilled to celebrate with Pearl Jam Radio."

Pearl Jam Radio will be available on SIRIUS channel 17 and XM channel 39; it will also be available on SIRIUS Internet Radio, XM Radio Online and through the SIRIUS XM App for the Apple iPhone, iPod touch and several BlackBerry and Android-powered smartphone devices.

For more information, please visit sirius.com or xmradio.com.

:rockon:

I was all ready this morning to listen to this station, but didn't read the fine print that it launches at 6PM ET.

I assume its the same as:
Pearl Jam Radio

which has been online for months now.
(Vegas 2000 show currenlty playing)

ETA: Just reading Rob's post on the message pit, they will not be identical:

Ok, some answers here...I hope...

PJ Radio as it is now online isn't going anywhere, and will remain and continue on its quest to bring you, the ten club member and fan the greatest ongoing stream of PJ music and tour updates, interviews, etc.
And what's special about PJ Radio online is the international reach and how it brings us closer.

PJ Radio on Sirius/XM will have the same vibe, but will also be for the not so hardcore fan, as well as the hardcore ones. There will be opportunities to do things there that we have yet to explore online, so everyone should consider this a great thing for both avenues of PJ Radio. Personally, I'm really looking forward to the fan roundtable show where we can get all of you involved calling in and having great weekly topics to explore. Live broadcasts of shows? It's my dream as well as yours, so let's all just keep our fingers crossed and see where it goes.
Rob

Is it me or does Sirius/XM love Wish List and Nothingman? I think I've heard Wishlist no less than 10 times since Friday and I only have satellite radio in my car.

PEARL JAM KICK OFF THEIR 20th ANNIVERSARY YEAR WITH
RELEASE OF NEW LIVE COMPILATION ALBUM

"LIVE ON TEN LEGS" OUT JANUARY 18, 2011

Pearl Jam announce the release of "Live on Ten Legs," a new live compilation album that will be available through Pearl Jam's Ten Club and select digital and independent music retailers on January 18, 2011 (January 17, 2011 internationally).

Kicking off the band’s twentieth anniversary year, "Live on Ten Legs" features 18 Pearl Jam tracks recorded over the course of the band's 2003-2010 world tours by recording engineer, John Burton (full track listing below). All tracks have been newly remixed by longtime Pearl Jam engineer Brett Eliason and remastered.

"Live on Ten Legs" will be available internationally through Island Records as a digital version, CD version and a deluxe version. The deluxe version will include a CD, double LP package, four mini poster reprints, five live photos and a tour laminate. The album will be available in the United States as a digital version, CD version and vinyl version.

A Ten Club pre-sale of the CD and vinyl versions of "Live on Ten Legs" begins today at Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club.

Deluxe version available worldwide here.

Pearl Jam's "Live on Ten Legs" is a follow up to their platinum 1998 live release, "Live on Two Legs," which consisted of performances recorded during the band's summer 1998 North American tour.

"Live on Ten Legs" Tracklisting:
1. Arms Aloft
2. World Wide Suicide
3. Animal
4. Got Some
5. State of Love And Trust
6. I Am Mine
7. Unthought Known
8. Rearview Mirror
9. The Fixer
10. Nothing As It Seems
11. In Hiding
12. Just Breathe
13. Jeremy
14. Public Image
15. Spin the Black Circle
16. Porch
17. Alive
18. Yellow Ledbetter

PEARL JAM KICK OFF THEIR 20th ANNIVERSARY YEAR WITH
RELEASE OF NEW LIVE COMPILATION ALBUM

"LIVE ON TEN LEGS" OUT JANUARY 18, 2011

Pearl Jam announce the release of "Live on Ten Legs," a new live compilation album that will be available through Pearl Jam's Ten Club and select digital and independent music retailers on January 18, 2011 (January 17, 2011 internationally).

Kicking off the band’s twentieth anniversary year, "Live on Ten Legs" features 18 Pearl Jam tracks recorded over the course of the band's 2003-2010 world tours by recording engineer, John Burton (full track listing below). All tracks have been newly remixed by longtime Pearl Jam engineer Brett Eliason and remastered.

"Live on Ten Legs" will be available internationally through Island Records as a digital version, CD version and a deluxe version. The deluxe version will include a CD, double LP package, four mini poster reprints, five live photos and a tour laminate. The album will be available in the United States as a digital version, CD version and vinyl version.

A Ten Club pre-sale of the CD and vinyl versions of "Live on Ten Legs" begins today at Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club.

Deluxe version available worldwide here.

Pearl Jam's "Live on Ten Legs" is a follow up to their platinum 1998 live release, "Live on Two Legs," which consisted of performances recorded during the band's summer 1998 North American tour.

"Live on Ten Legs" Tracklisting:
1. Arms Aloft
2. World Wide Suicide
3. Animal
4. Got Some
5. State of Love And Trust
6. I Am Mine
7. Unthought Known
8. Rearview Mirror
9. The Fixer
10. Nothing As It Seems
11. In Hiding
12. Just Breathe
13. Jeremy
14. Public Image
15. Spin the Black Circle
16. Porch
17. Alive
18. Yellow Ledbetter

I'm not a rabid PJ fan, but I do like them a lot. But, someone please explain something to me: Considering the vast amount of band-authorized and released live Pearl Jam material there is out there (cds and dvds), what is so special about this? Why are they making such a big deal out of this single-disc, 18-track cd? Is it just because of their 20th Anniversary?

EdVed Solo is heading down under for those interested:
G'day Mates!

Ed Vedder is heading down under for his first ever Australian solo tour kicking off on March 10th in Brisbane, QLD and ending on March 27 in Adelaide, SA. Evil J & Saint Cecilia will open these shows.

We are happy to announce a special Ten Club only ticket pre-sale for members active as of Monday, November 29th at 6:59pm Australia NSW (that's Sunday, November 28th at 11:59pm PST in the US). If you are not already a member, you will not be eligible for the pre-sale. Sorry, tickets are very limited.

The pre-sale will begin Thursday, December 2nd at 9am Australia NSW time (that's Wednesday, December 1st at 2pm PST in the US). The pre-sale will end on Saturday, December 4th at 9am for Australia NSW (that's Friday, December 3rd at 2pm PST in the US) or until tickets are gone. Please check timeanddate.com for time zone conversion.

Ed Vedder Solo Tour Dates:

Day Date Venue City,State On Sale
Thurs 10,March QPAC Concert Hall Brisbane, QLD Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Sat 12,March QPAC Concert Hall Brisbane, QLD Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Tues 15,March Royal Theatre Canberra, ACT Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Wed 16,March Civic Theatre Newcastle, NSW Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Fri 18,March State Theatre Sydney, NSW Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Sat 19,March State Theatre Sydney, NSW Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Thurs 24,March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Fri 25,March Palais Theatre Melbourne, VIC Dec 2nd, 9am NSW
Sun 27,March Thebarton Theatre Adelaide, SA Dec 2nd, 9am NSW

Pre-sale tickets will be sold online only at https://www.pearljam.com/max with a Visa or Mastercard only. Two (2) tickets per show. No single tickets.

Ten Club tickets for the EV solo tour will NOT be seniority based. Tickets are being held in unspecified locations throughout the venues.

Seat locations are not given out in advance. You will find out your seat location when you pick your tickets up the day of the show.

Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are distributed at the venue on the day of the show. The Ten Club member must collect the tickets with a valid photo identification.

Only the Ten Club member who purchased the tickets will be allowed to collect the tickets. No exceptions.

For wheelchair accessible or disabled seating, please contact the Ten Club at 1-800-724-8038 before making a ticket purchase.

By opting to purchase tickets, you agree to all Ten Club policies. All ticket sales are final. No refunds, exchanges or transfers. Please visit here Ten Club Tickets | Pearl Jam - Ten Club for a full description of the Ten Club ticketing policy and procedure.

IMPORTANT:
- A confirmation will be sent out once the sale is over.
- Tickets are non-refundable, non-exchangeable, non-transferable.
- No exchanges or transfers will be allowed, so make absolutely sure you are able to attend the concert.
- Reselling of Ten Club tickets will result in revocation of all future Ten Club ticket benefits.
- All dates are subject to change.

QUESTIONS: Questions can be directed to tickets@tenclub.net or by calling 800-724-8038.

General Public Tickets: Go on sale at 9:00am local time on Friday, December 10th at the following sites:

Brisbane: QPAC Concert Hall: qtix Box Office - Home of Quality Event Ticketing
Canberra: Royal Theatre: Ticketek Australia
Newcastle: Civic Theatre: Ticketek Australia
Sydney: State Theatre: Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theatre, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site
Melbourne: Palais Theatre Tickets for Concerts, Sports, Arts, Theatre, Family, Events, more. Official Ticketmaster site
Adelaide: Thebarton Theatre Venue*Tix Adelaide tickets :: ticketing Adelaide events

Back
Top Bottom