Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow, ridiculous set lists. I've been feverishly refreshing Ticketmaster and checking Craigslist for something decent.

Haven't seen Pearl Jam at the Garden since 2003. Hung outside the Garden for 4 hours in 2008 and couldn't get a ticket- except of course the bogus tickets made by the scalpers outside.

If anyone has an extra ticket, keep me in mind!

If I get a ticket, I'm hoping for an epic version of Black like on Live on Two Legs, or Release or Footsteps.

Yeah, I was just looking back through the thread and saw it (Release) opened in Boston. Shit, that was the song that got me into them. I got hold of a decent quality bootleg from a show in Vegas in 92' or early 93' where it opened the show.

I'm surprised the VHS tape is still working considering it's probably got the second or third most views behind ZooTV Sydney and Guns N' Roses from somewhere in 92'. That's easily over a thousand views.

They tore it up- State of Love and Trust, an extended version of Porch, Garden, Footsteps.

I might have to pop that in the old VCR if I can't get something for tonight.

Last edited:
For those wondering what Headache is on about... :wink:

May 21, 2010 New York, New York, Madison Square Garden

Set List: Corduroy, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Breath, Nothing Man, I’m Open - dedicated to Howard Zinn, Unthought Known, Grievance, Amongst The Waves, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Push Me Pull Me, Rats, Daughter/WMA, The Fixer, Why Go

1st encore: The End with string quartet, Just Breathe with string quartet, Lukin II with string quartet, Black Red Yellow, Sweet Lew, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Black, The Real Me (Townshend), Hunger Strike with Ben Bridwell from “Band Of Horses” (Cornell), Alive, Kick Out The Jams (Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Anyone want to know what a crazy 1-minute punk song about a stalker sounds like when reworked into a heart-breaking 3-minute acoustic ballad? :D

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Slow Lukin - 5.21.10 Madison Square Garden, NY

Ah, this band. These incredible setlists make me even more pissed off that Europe will get a 90% festival tour. But I'm still hoping they'll stretch it out as long and mix it up as much as possible! :up:

wow... holy fucking shit.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet lewwwwwwww... how could yooooooooou?

unbelievable night, unbelievable week... what a show, what a band. words don't describe what this band does live. they need to be seen to be believed.

:bow:

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Sweet Lew @ MSG NYC 5/21/10

:)

Fab show but when are they not? :) MSG 2008 and Honolulu 2006 I think are still my top PJ shows. Some other video I took last night:

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Spin the Black Circle + Rearviewmirror @ MSG NYC 5/21/10

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Just Breathe @ MSG NYC 5/21/10

YouTube - Pearl Jam - Daughter + WMA 5-21-10 @ MSG NYC 5/21/10

More on my YouTube - YouTube - PopArtist's Channel

For those wondering what Headache is on about... :wink:

May 21, 2010 New York, New York, Madison Square Garden

Set List: Corduroy, Hail Hail, Do The Evolution, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Breath, Nothing Man, I’m Open - dedicated to Howard Zinn, Unthought Known, Grievance, Amongst The Waves, Present Tense, Not For You/Modern Girl (Sleater Kinney), Push Me Pull Me, Rats, Daughter/WMA, The Fixer, Why Go

1st encore: The End with string quartet, Just Breathe with string quartet, Lukin II with string quartet, Black Red Yellow, Sweet Lew, Given To Fly, Spin The Black Circle, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later (Charley, Cox, Morton, Steele, Wakeling), Black, The Real Me (Townshend), Hunger Strike with Ben Bridwell from “Band Of Horses” (Cornell), Alive, Kick Out The Jams (Davis, Kramer, Smith, Thompson, Tyner), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner

Eddie gave a get well soon shoutout to boner before the second encore

now that i've come off the high of last week...

wow, what a show to close it out. this band is incredible live. i don't know how many other bands where you can see them 3 times in a week and all three shows could stand on their own and be called great shows, yet at the same time, each show was better than the last.

honestly... friday night was my 11th pearl jam show, 3rd show of the week... and they played 6 songs i've never heard them play before... 7 if you count slow lukin.

and the energy of the band, the energy of the crowd... wow. amazing. can't wait for the boots to come out

This new song leaked from God knows where...

Pearl Jam: Better Days (MP3) @ Antiquiet

There's a rumour that this is a Riot Act outtake, although Eddie's voice sounds like it was recorded recently. It sounds very interesting, can't compare it right now to something else in their catalogue (maybe the folkish 2nd disc of Lost Dogs). I'm wondering if this is indeed Pearl Jam, or an Eddie Vedder collaboration (or him solo for that matter).

Apparently it's an Eddie solo track and will be on the Eat, Pray, Love soundtrack.

Also, the European tour starts tomorrow in Dublin!

New set lists :drool:

Dublin:

Long Road, Once, The Fixer, Why Go, Corduroy, Severed Hand, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Unthought Known, Nothing Man, Lukin, Not For You, Down, Got Some, Comatose, Arms Aloft (Joe Strummer & The Mescaleros cover), Do The Evolution

1st encore: Just Breathe, Given To Fly, Of The Earth (NEW ORIGINAL SONG!), Porch

2nd encore: Small Town, Better Man/Save It For Later, Kick Out The Jams, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter/Cowboy Song (Thin Lizzy cover)

"Of the Earth" is from the Avocado sessions apparently, and here's a pretty damn decent quality vid of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2HTn_PszkI

June 23, 2010 Belfast, Northern Ireland, Odyssey Arena

Main set: Sometimes, Do The Evolution, Animal, The Fixer, Tremor Christ, Low Light, Even Flow, Unthought Known, No Way, Insignificance, Present Tense, Daughter/The Real Me, Got Some, Save You, Given To Fly, Black, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: Just Breathe, Amongst The Waves, State Of Love And Trust, Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later

2nd encore: Happy Birthday Brendan O’Brien, Jeremy, Leash, Crazy Mary, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

No Way gets its European debut. Nice set! And that Of the Earth track is epic!

I was at the Belfast show last night, got a good view, right up the front in the middle, The band were in great form and played a sweet set, as can be seen in the last post, must give credit to Ben Harper & The Relentless 7 too, they was amazing really blew my already high expectations out of the water!!! As for Pearl Jam's performance, need I say anything other than, INCREDIBLE! the sound was V loud almost too loud as it became fairly muddled at times and the levels were fairly dodgy,

Mike McCready played a bit of I Will Follow at the end of Yellow Ledbetter, AMAZING! (although as a guitar player I think he played it wrong heheheh :D)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrAjP0QjZ48

The first two festival sets...

June 25, 2010 London, England, Hyde Park, Hard Rock Calling Festival

Set List: Given To Fly, Why Go, Brain Damage/Corduroy, Got Some, Once, World Wide Suicide, Small Town, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Unthought Known, Nothingman, Arms Aloft (Joe Strummer cover), Not For You, Of The Earth, State Of Love And Trust, Do The Evolution, Wasted Reprise, Better Man/Save It For Later

1st encore: Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/Ben Harper, Black, Porch

2nd encore: Go, The Fixer, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

and...

June 27, 2010 Nijmegen, Holland, Goffertpark, Rockin' Park Festival

Set List: Do The Evolution, Got Some, Save You, Given To Fly, Animal, Dissident, In My Tree, Even Flow, Just Breathe, Unthought Known, Whipping, Daughter, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror

Encore: Small Town, The Fixer, Life Wasted, Better Man, Rockin’ In The Free World

The London concert is a solid festival set, being as long as an average headline show, with gems like Nothingman, SOLAT, Of the Earth, Go and Red Mosquito in there. The Nijmegen one is a bit disappointing, considering it's their shortest set in 3 years (due to a strict curfew). Hopefully they'll play at least 2 hours in Venice. But man, festivals are such a drag. Gimme a big 2006-style Euro tour as soon as possible! :drool:

Seen the guys again in London on Friday great gig!!! The sound was very low at times especially during the start of all 3 headlining acts sets, so I dunno if this is to do with Hard Rock Calling,

Eddie joined Ben Harper for Under Pressure, the second song of Harper's set and stirred the very subdued crowd up a bit, pretty great cover the sound levels were clearly trying to be sorted during it, going up and down etc etc,

Pearl Jam gave a great performance, and Stone this time was noticeably enjoying himself, I got a vibe of him at the Belfast gig that he didn't really wanna be there, Mike was as active as ever covering every inch of the stage and throwing plenty of plec's into the crowd, really good set, the crowd tho I must say were not too great they didn't interact or get into the show at all, well seemingly the majority of them that is, where I was anyway, The one PJ songs I'm always hoping for everytime I see them is In My Tree, and again it didn't appear, and to make matters worse, the very next gig in Holland, ta-da there it is 7 songs in, ah well I'm sure I'll be seeing the guys again, hopefully soon!

BTW, Does anyone have any idea of the tune Mike snippeted in Yellow Ledbetter?, I didn't recognize it at all,

June 30, 2010 Berlin, Germany, Wuhlheide

Set List: Long Road, Got Some, Why Go, Given To Fly, Small Town, Push Me Pull Me, Immortality, In Hiding, Even Flow, Johnny Guitar, Corduroy, Light Years, Gonna See My Friend, World Wide Suicide, Low Light, Comatose, Do The Evolution

1st encore: The End, Just Breathe, Spin The Black Circle, Public Image, The Fixer, Kick Out The Jams w/Peter Buck & Scott McCaughey

2nd encore: Unthought Known, Black, Come Back, Alive, Yellow Ledbetter

July 1, 2010 Gdynia, Poland, Heineken Open'er Festival

Set List: Interstellar Overdrive/Corduroy, Do The Evolution, Hail, Hail, Got Some, Small Town, Amongst The Waves, Unthought Known, Even Flow, Just Breathe, Daughter, Given To Fly, Arms Aloft, Why Go, Jeremy, Rearviewmirror

1st encore: The Fixer, Better Man, Black, Alive, Rockin' In The Free World

The Berlin gig was very emotional, being the 10th anniversary of the Roskilde tragedy. Great setlist, featuring Immortality and dedicating Come Back to Roskilde victims. The Poland gig is your usual festival setlist, hoping for some surprises and a longer show in Venice...

Back
Top Bottom