Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So freakin' excited for tomorrow night (or more likely tuesday afternoon on DVR, I work early).

I'd be OK with waiting for a Fall/Winter tour from them, it'd make sense promotionally, even with PJ's not always trying to back up their new releases or take back the mainstream attitude, I think we could expect that.

It's funny how the threads on this topic are being deleted left and right from their official message board.

If they do make a Target commerical, it will set off a pretty big amount of "sell out" discussion. I'd just like to say that, at this point, I think the band has earned the right to do whatever the fuck they want to do.

Also, I hope Eddie announces the new song titles tonight before he plays them. It would kind of suck if they come out and play a kick ass new song and every PJ fan in the world is going "YES! But what is it called?!?!?"

EDIT: The more I think about it, maybe that would actually be cool if they did that. Ahhhh, whatever. I need coffee.

They plan to release their ninth studio album on their own, without a label. "We'll make deals with a number of partners - retail, online and probably mobile, too" says Pearl Jam manager Kelly Curtis, adding that the group will sell digital and physical versions of the album on its own website.

:hmm: so maybe i'm right... would certainly stop the sell out talk for me at least.

If they do make a Target commerical, it will set off a pretty big amount of "sell out" discussion. I'd just like to say that, at this point, I think the band has earned the right to do whatever the fuck they want to do.

If they were to appear in a Target commercial promoting jeans and capris and diapers and that Spuds Mackenzie lookalike was on stage with them, I think fans would have the right to be a tad put off given their past stances.

If they have a commercial promoting their new album being available at Target, then fans have no real reason to squawk, its just promotion much like a certain Irish combo's appearance in an ipod ad a few years back. Not selling out by any means.

9r5auo.jpg

large_target2.jpg

:sad:

So is the performance over yet?

I don't know but if someone finds out what songs they played it would be wonderful if you posted them using the spoiler tag thing. Or, of course, I could just not open this thread for another 5 hours.

This runs deeper than I'd ever imagined...

The whole Target sponsorship thing doesn't irk me in a catastrophic way, as long it's not done in the "jeans and diapers" fashion described by Hewson...that would be rather tragic.

What gets me is how the new song, "The Fixer," has been virtually and forcibly removed from any online presence by the band's legal team. :down: This is a band that supposedly welcomes bootlegging and fan accessibility to their music. There's absolutely nothing more uncool than the heavy hand of corporate rock reaching in when you advertise yourselves as being completely against that.

They should have hit backspace when they thought up that title lololololololololol

I await the new record eagerly. Their self titled was a nifty little number.

For obvious reasons it reminds me of Thommy Yorke's solo album title. To me that's not a bad thing.

I love this comment on PJ's site:

i was JUST at the Conan show and it was amazing.

now i'm back at my desk.

sigh

I still can't determine what songs they played...:hmm:

That shit was TOO ILL. Wow. Punchy, punky, catchy as fuck.

"Got somethin if you need it"

Damn. Time for a cigarette.

Back
Top Bottom