Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
it's a good song, definitely, but i guess i just haven't listened to Ten all that much.

then how can you make a statement such as "vs > ten by a lot" if you haven't listened to one of the albums often enough to even recognize the entire second half of the album?

it's not your statement that vs. is better than ten that has people all a tizzy... that's fine. ten is not my favorite PJ album... no code is. but to say that and then follow it up by saying that you pretty much couldn't pick out the entire second half of the album is a little silly.

Hey everybody PJ's tour is kicking off Saturday at the New Orleans Jazz festival, can we keep all set list talk covered with spoiler tags? I find it really ruins gigs and I really wanna avoid them and be surprised when my gig comes around,

I know PJ are like Springsteen in the sense that they could play completely different sets night after night, but I'd like to avoid knowing til I see them.

TIA,

Springsteen's got nothin' on PJ when it comes to varying set lists. I love them both but, yeah.

And since you asked so politely, I will oblige with the spoiler tags. As I'm sure the rest of us will. When is your gig, though? I'd like to know when we are free to just post the sets because I fucking hate spoiler tags.

They better fucking play some All Those Yesterdays on this tour again.

Springsteen's got nothin' on PJ when it comes to varying set lists. I love them both but, yeah.

And since you asked so politely, I will oblige with the spoiler tags. As I'm sure the rest of us will. When is your gig, though? I'd like to know when we are free to just post the sets because I fucking hate spoiler tags.

Thanks! I'll be seeing them.... Dublin-----22nd June Belfast----23rd June London----25th June Ah it doesent really matter, either way there gonna be rocking gigs!!! and chances are I'll probably have heard something from somewhere about the set list before hand, this things are becoming hard to avoid, Especially when U2 play it must be said, the papers take it upon themselves to post the set list in huge unavoidable print, with the rarer songs highlighted so there easier to see, lol. Thanks again!

meh... i disagree. i'd say they're both fairly equal.

i'd say i agree with the idea that we should use spolier tags but i know i'm gonna cheat anyways so i don't care.

my big idea for the last time they played MSG was to not check out the setlists so i wouldn't know what songs they haven't played in like fooooreeevvvvveerrrrr they started breaking out this time around... but i lasted one show and started peeking at setlists 'cause, like ukraine, i'm weak.

they mix things up so much though that it doesn't really matter.

i think the only song that i haven't seen yet that i'd really like to see is Oceans.

edited to correct that... i'd die a happy man if i could get some Dirty Frank.

New show added, 5/18 in beautiful downtown Newark.
Theory is that playoff success by the Bruins made it too close a shave to wait out to add a 2nd Boston show..oh well. Glad I opted for Hartford.

10clubbers who failed to get MSG 10c tix get a 2 hour head start on 10c tix over those who got MSG tix...seems fair, wonder if there'll be any left after 2 hours.

Theory is that playoff success by the Bruins made it too close a shave to wait out to add a 2nd Boston show..oh well. Glad I opted for Hartford.

10clubbers who failed to get MSG 10c tix get a 2 hour head start on 10c tix over those who got MSG tix...seems fair, wonder if there'll be any left after 2 hours.

was very fair, but i did get one of the MSG shows, so that i got shut out of the first one and had to sit there for 6 hours got me boobkus, so i would have actually prefered it to be less fair.

gonna wait on the newark show and see if i can swoop in and get one last second... ORR gonna see if someone who did get the newark show wants to do the old swaparoo with ten club seats for friday's show :hmm:

now i'm thinkin!

as for newark... i haven't been to the prudential center yet, but from what i hear they pretty much line the street between the Newark Train Station and The Rock with SWAT from about 3 hours before an event until 3 hours after the event to assure safety.

I really wished I saw this post last week. I would have tried for that show.

The 2010 tour has begun! :drool:

The setlist for the New Orleans JazzFest show (taken from Pearl Jam's official message board):

Set List: So You Want to Be A Rock And Roll Star (The Byrds), Lukin, Corduroy, In My Tree, Got Some, Given To Fly, Even Flow, Severed Hand, Nothingman, Down, Unthought Known, 1/2 Full, Daughter/People Have The Power (Patti Smith), Comatose, Supersonic, Do The Evolution, Why Go

Encore: Tremor Christ, Just Breathe, Better Man/Save It For Later, The Fixer, Alive, Kick Out The Jams (MC5)

Pretty interesting set for a festival, with the inclusion of rarities like In My Tree, Tremor Christ and Nothingman, along with the fact that they never opened with that rare Byrds cover. A bit short though, supposedly they ended 15 minutes before the curfew, which is pretty weird for a band quite well-known for regularly breaking curfews. Still hoping for some crazy sets in the future!

I didn't notice there was a discussion whether to hide PJ setlists here or not, but they are most of the time drastically different so there is not much point to it. Still, if somebody insists, I'll gladly tag them in the future.

There had been a discussion several pages back. Probably best to spoiler tag the setlist in the future.

Although I do agree that these setlists aren't static in general so knowing what they've played at previous shows isn't necessarily an indication of what they'll play at any particular future show.

There had been a discussion several pages back. Probably best to spoiler tag the setlist in the future.

Although I do agree that these setlists aren't static in general so knowing what they've played at previous shows isn't necessarily an indication of what they'll play at any particular future show.

I've been following Pearl Jam setlists for a long time, and I was still 99% of the time completely surprised for all of the concerts I went to, sometimes to the point that one of my favorite songs of theirs was only played one time in 2006 - and it was on the concert I attended.

Maybe that will put some perspective, because God I hate these spoiler tags. :wink:

I didn't notice there was a discussion whether to hide PJ setlists here or not, but they are most of the time drastically different so there is not much point to it. Still, if somebody insists, I'll gladly tag them in the future.

Ah I'm not too bothered, my last post was kind of a joke,
I probably wold have sneaked a peek anyway, I know PJ mix it up alot, either way I don't think I could be disappointed by a PJ show, that set is amazing!!! with the exception of 1/2 Full for me, I hate that tune, but In My Tree! :drool:

A bit short though, supposedly they ended 15 minutes before the curfew, which is pretty weird for a band quite well-known for regularly breaking curfews. Still hoping for some crazy sets in the future!

There's word that they were having some technical glitches throughout the night, that may be why they didn't do a 2nd encore...either that or Boom needed to bail and find some fresh poi.

As for the setlist issue...I can see it being an issue with U2, cause if you see the setlist for their first show on tour and it has say 26 songs, and you have tix for the 42nd show, you can count on at least 24 of those 26 being played, in that same order, with the same video screen accompaniment. For Pearl Jam the same setlist (which would likley be closer to 34 songs) would never surface again and likely of the 34 songs, you'd get a maximum 10-11 repeats at your show later in the tour, with only 3 or 4 in the same spot on the setlist (Alive at the end of encore 1, Yellow ledbetter to end the night being the only sure things, if a 40% chance was a sure thing).

To wit, looks like 9 repeats of Jazzfest songs last night in KC:

May 3, 2010 Kansas City, Missouri, Sprint Center

Set List: Of The Girl, Animal, World Wide Suicide, Got Some, Unthought Known, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, MFC, Johnny Guitar, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, God’s Dice, Present Tense, Daughter, Wishlist, Insignificance, Do The Evolution

1st encore: Off He Goes, Just Breathe, Given To Fly, The Fixer, Life Wasted, Porch

2nd encore: No More (with guest Tomas Young), Black, Better Man, Happy Birthday to Mark “Smitty” Smith, Alive, Rockin’ In The Free World (by Neil Young), Yellow Ledbetter/Star Spangled Banner (with guest Curt Tomasevicz playing bass guitar)

good to see MFC making a return. i'd also like to see a little Untitled, perhaps hooked into unthought known like they did in the fall. that would make me smile. when the sun don't shine. it don't shine at all. ok i'll stop.

i tried doing smile at kareoke once... thought it would be easy. much harder than it seems.

Big Pearl Jam fan

Eddie Vedder, the lead singer of Pearl Jam, is a big baseball fan.

And Monday night at the Sprint Center, where Pearl Jam performed, Vedder showed he also is a Royals fan. Or at least a fan of a former Royal.

Vedder put on a Royals jersey and announced to the crowd: “This isn’t some jersey from Sears.

I got this from a legend. No. 6. Willie Wilson. It’s his first Pearl Jam concert tonight.”

Then the crowd started chanting “Willie, Willie!”

Vedder even dedicated a song to Willie, “Given to Fly,” which is fitting.
Gordon’s time in minors to shift to left field and first base - KansasCity.com

St. Louis:

May 4, 2010 St Louis, Missouri, Scottrade Center

Set List: Sometimes, Corduroy, All Night, Do The Evolution, Why Go, Small Town, In Hiding, Even Flow, Unthought Known, Save You, Down, Pilate, Severed Hand, Not For You, Glorified G, 1/2 Full, Daughter, The Fixer

1st encore: Inside Job, Just Breathe, Jeremy, Got Some, Rearviewmirror

2nd encore: Garden, Alive, Baba O’Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter/Little Wing (Hendrix)
Man I f I had seen the N'awlins and KC setlists before attending St Louis, I'd have known exactly what was coming, thank goodness for spoiler tags. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom