Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just got this email.

I wonder if the potential 27th date is Glastonbury.

Pearl Jam announced today that they will play a series of select European festival and headlining tour dates in June and July of 2010. The band's European dates kick off in Dublin, Ireland at the 02 Arena and close at the Optimus Alive Festival in Lisbon, Portugal.

PEARL JAM EUROPE 2010

DATE CITY VENUE
22-June * Dublin, Ireland 02 Arena
23-June * Belfast, Ireland Odyssey Arena
25-June London, England Hard Rock Calling Hyde Park
27-June ** TBD TBD
30-June * Berlin, Germany Wuhlheide
1-July ** TBD TBD
3-July Arras, France Main Square Festival
4-July Werchter, Belgium Rock Werchter Festival
6-July ** TBD TBD
9-July ** TBD TBD
10-July Oeiras, Portugal Optimus Alive Festival

* Pearl Jam headlining dates. Opening acts TBA.
** Potential additional dates and corresponding on-sale information may be announced.

Ten Club is offering pre-sale tickets to active members only for the following shows:

• Dublin 22-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 9AM Pacific (5 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
• Belfast 23-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 10AM Pacific (6 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
• London 25-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 11AM Pacific (7 PM London) Wednesday 9-December
• Berlin 30-June 10C Pre-sale starts at 12 Noon Pacific (8 PM London) Wednesday 9-December

Last edited:
The 27th will probably be Nijmegen, Holland. Interested about the unknown dates. Hopefully Eastern Europe will get a date.

hopefully new york will get a date :mad:

this does give me hope, though... there was a lot of rumors going around that they might not tour at all in 2010 'cause of matt cameron going to tour with a reunited soundgarden or whatever... that they're doing some summer european dates makes me confident that they'll be in new york somewhere sometime next year.

Would I be right by saying, Pearl Jam's big legal battle in the mid 90's with ticketBASTARD! was due to PJ not wanting their tickets to be so expensive for their fans?

Why now on this tour are there tickets €70?!?!, seems a bit ridiculous!

if i've read correctly i think they were opposing the booking fee? or there was some sort of additional fee and they boycotted ticketmaster. something like that.

Why now on this tour are there tickets €70?!?!, seems a bit ridiculous!

Legitimate question....how does that price stack up in today's market over there with other bands.
Their tix have gone up here in the US each tour, but to me they are still very reasonably priced when compared to other bands of similar stature, especially when considering the effort they put forth live.

if i've read correctly i think they were opposing the booking fee? or there was some sort of additional fee and they boycotted ticketmaster. something like that.

It was mostly about the Ticketmaster fee. At the time, PJ tix were face valued in the $20-$25 range and Ticketmaster was tacking on fees of like $6-9, so percentage-wise the fees seemed rather exorbitant. But after trying to tour non Ticketmaster venues, they realised TM was a necessary evil.

every seat in the arena is the same price...

so while the 70 some odd bucks may seem like it's a huge increase for those in the nose bleeds... it's a pretty damn good deal for the 10 club members in the front row. :shrug:

i'm not neccesarily thrilled that they've goten up to 70 bucks a pop either, but as has already been said, tickets are still relatively cheap considering.

i bought vitalogy today...

just a quick one, re those bootleg downloads. in the process of getting it, it asks for your address? even though it's just a download i'm getting, not the CD? can i just put a fake address?

i bought vitalogy today...

One of my favorite albums ever. Although you could go easily into some serious WTF mode when you hear parts of it (I still cannot fathom what the hell were they thinking with Stupid Mop), but an album that has Immortality, Corduroy and Nothingman on it deserves to have its place in the annals.

eh, i'll just put a real address i suppose.

just a final question - the CDs, what are they like? are they really professionally and impressively done?

If you order the official bootleg CDs, then you do get discs that are burned (and not pressed). However, they come with professional artwork (labels) and in a cardboard sleeve.

If you order the official bootleg CDs, then you do get discs that are burned (and not pressed). However, they come with professional artwork (labels) and in a cardboard sleeve.

thanks for your help :up: mastercard should be arriving any day now.

LOVING Vs.

go, animal, daughter, glorified g, dissident, WMA, rearviewmirrow, elderly woman, leash, indifference... :drool::drool::rockon:

just wish i could read these lyric booklets.

Thanks for all the info on the Ticketbastard case guys, I never really looked into it before to understand what it was all about,

Yeah I suppose these days €70 is becoming more and more of a standard price for gigs, Its a pity tho, a few years ago all the major bands tickets cost €40/50, and now all gigs seem to be €70/80 and up, Paul McCartney is playing the O2 soon his seating tickets coast €156!!! A great musician and a legend and all but at that price its a tad ridiculous!

Anyway I'm still just bitter on missing out on PJ tickets!!! :|
Now I gotta stuggle through all those ads that go like...........

Genuine Pearl Jam fan, got to sell the ticket for a genuine reason, €200!!!!!

Genuine! Pfft! :angry:

Itunes & the 10 Club are selling Eddie's performance of City of Ruins from the Kennedy Center Awards for .99 with the proceeds going towards Haiti relief.

And still no announcement on that 6th of July date, which is probably the only Euro date I could possibly see them this year.

I'm not much of a Pearl Jam fan, but I did get a chance to attend their Austin City Limits session last fall and it was amazing.

I'm sure you saw it on the TV by now, but it was over 2 hours live and I had the luck to be sitting next to Meg Ryan and Laura Dern during the entire set. Singing along to "Better Man" with Meg Ryan is surreal.

Back
Top Bottom