Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
so i saw them live last night.

fucking great gig. i'm actually not that big a fan. i bought backspacer and it was pretty good, and then got Ten and Vs and listened to both for the first time yesterday :lol:

no idea what the set was as i didn't know a fair few of the songs, but what a performance. 2.5 hours, eddie smoking and drinking up, massive solos and jams. the support acts were fantastic - Eddie joined Ben Harper on stage for a cover of Under Pressure, i don't know if this has been regular but it was incredible - and there was a cover of Hunters & Collectors Throw Your Arms Around Me and then, just when I had lost all hope, they played a Who cover, Baba O'Riley. only maybe dissident and better man instead of whatever it was they played last could have topped it off. couldn't have asked for much more. fantastic.

If that was the 20th, then this was the setlist:
November 20, 2009, Melbourne, Australia, Etihad Stadium
Opening : Liam Finn, Ben Harper and Relentless7

Set List: Small Town, Corduroy, Animal, Got Some, Brother, Amongst The Waves, Even Flow, Oceans, Lukin, Green Disease, Force of Nature, Present Tense, Gonne See My Friend, Given To Fly, Daughter / Another Brick In The Wall Part 2-(Waters), Glorified G, The Fixer, Do the Evolution,

1st encore: The Needle And The Damage Done-(Young), Just Breathe, Red Mosquito w/ Ben Harper, Indifference w/ Ben Harper, Jeremy, Deep, Why Go, Porch

2nd encore: Throw Your Arms Around Me w/ Liam Finn-(Archer, Falconer, Howard, Miles, Seymour, Smith, Waters), Black, Spin The Black Circle, Alive, Baba O'Riley (Townshend), Yellow Ledbetter / AC/DC Medley-(Scott, Young, Young)

Epic!

That gig was immense! :applaud: Bout 6 rows back from the stage, wicked atmosphere...

Wicked night, wicked set - really put on a show for Melbourne, played more songs here than in Adelaide and Perth.

Elderly Woman opening :drool: - probably my highlight.

Black, Jeremy, Red Mosquito, Why Go - all :drool: Fixer went off, Glorified G was incredible, as was Given To Fly (dedicated to Richo!), Yellow Ledbetter was gorgeous. Just Breathe was wonderful...

Ben Harper was horrid ("Rock and Roll is Free If You Want It" :yuck: ) , Liam Finn's set was actually pretty awesome.

Amazing gig, really fun night, Pearl Jam are great entertainers and deserve all the acclaim they receive...

FUCKING FANTASTIC SHOW.
we were in the section after the main pit, and i was quite happy there, could still see well but not as hot as up front,
i was really blown away , vedder is an amazing showman and realise why 20 something years later is still love this band. :lol:

probably the only song i wished they had of played was Better man , but we already had an epic set so i cant complain , :D

Alive :combust:
can die happy now

i thought eddie and ben harper doing Under pressure was pretty fucking cool , danny and i were like :hi5:

under pressure made me very excited.

ben harper was awesome inte i was very impressed. he has a great voice. that particular song you pointed out was nothing spesh though.

I would still call myself a casual fan, but Glorified G is brill. Shame the lyric isn't Glorified Version of a Pelican, but still immensely good.

Dissident is amazing, shame they didn't play it in Melbs, but I can live without it....

My favourite off Vs is without doubt Elderly Woman Beihind The Counter In A Small Town, I couldn't have wished for a better song to open the show.

:yes: from my perspective it was an almost perfect setlist, only better man, dissident and, uh a sort of homecoming would have made it better :lol:

so how do i go about obtaining a boot of the concert? is there a site like u2start.com?

Pearl Jam will probably release it officially....? I dunno, ask one of the experts 'ere.

Ha, the Sydney gig only had 28 songs! Though they got Mankind! ....because Eddie's voice was struggling

so how are Glorified G and Dissident received amongst fans? probably my two favourite songs off Vs.

They're two of my least favourite songs on Vs. And Glorified G is really their lowpoint IMO.

Eddie was sick at the Sydney gig; otherwise the setlist had even more songs than the Melbourne gig. Bad luck, I suppose.

all pearl jam concerts are digitaly mastered and released via their website for $9.99 a piece. usually pop up on the site a week or two after the show... sometimes sooner, sometimes later. you can get it in either physical CD form, downloadable mp3, or for $14.99 you can get it in downloadable FLAC form.

if you don't wanna pay 10 bucks for the rich, cd quality master recording, you can always search for a nice crappy audience recording for free. try theskyiscrape.com

oh, i didn't realise they were all professionally done and released so cheaply. i'll do it for sure.

but do i have to become a ten club member as well?

oh, i didn't realise they were all professionally done and released so cheaply. i'll do it for sure.

but do i have to become a ten club member as well?

No, you don't have to become a Ten Club member. Just go here Store | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and then go to the 2009 Bootlegs section.
In a few weeks, the Aussie boots will hopefully be available (it's usually 2-3 weeks, though the Euro boots took a few months to become available). As said earlier, MP3 downloads are $10. Bootleg CDs (burned to order, but with professional artwork) are $21.50 ($17 for the boot plus $4.50 shipping and handling) and they ship out fast.

No, you don't have to become a Ten Club member. Just go here Store | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and then go to the 2009 Bootlegs section.
In a few weeks, the Aussie boots will hopefully be available (it's usually 2-3 weeks, though the Euro boots took a few months to become available). As said earlier, MP3 downloads are $10. Bootleg CDs (burned to order, but with professional artwork) are $21.50 ($17 for the boot plus $4.50 shipping and handling) and they ship out fast.

that's awesome! i always wondered what the artwork was on sites like u2gigs for example. i'll definitely do this!

yea... pearl jam rules and stuff. they started the official bootleg program back in 2000 to combat against people who were making crappy audience recordings and then hording them for trade or worse, sale. so now you can get an official recording of whatever show you went to for as little as 10 bucks, digitaly mastered by the band's own sound guy's.

it kinda rules, and i wish other acts would do the same.

yea... pearl jam rules and stuff. they started the official bootleg program back in 2000 to combat against people who were making crappy audience recordings and then hording them for trade or worse, sale. so now you can get an official recording of whatever show you went to for as little as 10 bucks, digitaly mastered by the band's own sound guy's.

it kinda rules, and i wish other acts would do the same.

I wouldn't necessarily say "combat", although they were definitely against people making money from audience bootlegs. In fact, on the early bootlegs you can hear Eddie noticing and supporting tapers in the crowd. It was more like a better-quality alternative. I would be glad if U2 for example did the same, but is it really worth it when you have the same setlist (more or less) every night?

Pearl Jam gets a leg up on bootleggers with the unprecedented simultaneous release of 25 two-CD sets next month.
The collection contains a full live performance from each date on the band's summer European tour. And to stoke competition with the thriving bootleg underground, the discs are priced to move. Fans can order sets for $10.98 each beginning Tuesday on the band's two Web sites: Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club. The discs arrive in stores with a $16.98 price tag Sept. 26. Affordability aside, nobody's predicting a lofty chart reign.

"Our expectations are low," singer Eddie Vedder says. "It's not for everybody. But a lot of people out there buy bootlegs, and it's risky, because you can spend a lot of money and get very poor quality. I used to buy them online for 35 bucks and get lousy sound. At least there's some consistency here. If you're going to hear our mistakes, you might as well hear them clearly."

Pearl Jam's bootlegs give others the boot

:shrug:

they were trying to stop people from selling crappy recordings at high prices to their fans by offering them a low cost quality recording.

u2 doing this would be useless, springsteen doing it on the other hand... :drool:

a man can only dream

Pearl Jam gets a leg up on bootleggers with the unprecedented simultaneous release of 25 two-CD sets next month.
The collection contains a full live performance from each date on the band's summer European tour. And to stoke competition with the thriving bootleg underground, the discs are priced to move. Fans can order sets for $10.98 each beginning Tuesday on the band's two Web sites: Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club and Home | Pearl Jam - Ten Club. The discs arrive in stores with a $16.98 price tag Sept. 26. Affordability aside, nobody's predicting a lofty chart reign.

"Our expectations are low," singer Eddie Vedder says. "It's not for everybody. But a lot of people out there buy bootlegs, and it's risky, because you can spend a lot of money and get very poor quality. I used to buy them online for 35 bucks and get lousy sound. At least there's some consistency here. If you're going to hear our mistakes, you might as well hear them clearly."

Pearl Jam's bootlegs give others the boot

:shrug:

they were trying to stop people from selling crappy recordings at high prices to their fans by offering them a low cost quality recording.

u2 doing this would be useless, springsteen doing it on the other hand... :drool:

a man can only dream

And this is different to what I've said... how?

Anyway, for Springsteen it would be amazing indeed. Heard that he recently played the whole E Street Shuffle album, now that would be stunning to hear in soundboard quality.

awesome mate, thanks heaps! :)

i just wish it included the support acts, they were brilliant...

edit- any way i can get just an mp3 download, as opposed to the cd?

Back
Top Bottom