Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The new album euphoria has come down a wee bit for me after listening to it quite a few times. lol. I still stand by my praises though. Very good album! :drool:

last unicorn, careful if you're expecting it to sound like Into The Wild. There's pretty much only one song reminiscent of that album. There are a couple of other beautiful mellow numbers as well but mostly it rocks! :rockon:

Thanks to a smart shipping strategy from 10club:
Santos L. Halper said:
Zip Codes beginning with 0-3 shipped Monday
Zip Codes beginning with 4-6 shipped Tuesday
Zip Codes beginning with 7-9 Ship Today.
All INT CD orders have shipped.
Vinyl to follow.
slh

I received the 10c edition Backspacer CD in today's mail.

After 1 spin, really like it.
A pretty well rounded album, a tad short being the only complaint.

Just Breathe and The End could definitely have beeen on "Into the Wild"

Really digging Got Some and Supersonc.

No obvious weak spots...coughWhiteasSnowcough.

I'm seeing them tomorrow night in Seattle! :hyper:

I'm going to try and pick up the album today and give it a few spins before the show.

I'm seeing them tomorrow night in Seattle! :hyper:

I'm going to try and pick up the album today and give it a few spins before the show.

I was thinking of doing the same, I'm seeing them next Monday. Are they playing a decent amount of tracks from the new album, officianados, or am I better off getting something else?

I was thinking of doing the same, I'm seeing them next Monday. Are they playing a decent amount of tracks from the new album, officianados, or am I better off getting something else?

They've just finished a month long break from touring (first show on this new leg is tonight), so nobody knows how much of the new album they'll be playing yet. Now that it's actually out there for sale, though, I expect they'll play a healthy amount of tracks from it. If not the majority of it. There's seriously no way to accurately predict a Pearl Jam setlist. Sooooooooo, yeah, you could buy the new one. Or you could do what I told you weeks ago and buy all of their albums. Or you could get the Best Of. Choose your own adventure.

EDIT: Oh, and have fun Cori!

Hoping for some Amongst the Waves/Unthought Known goodness tonight... Have fun y'all at the gig!

Here's Unthought Known:

YouTube - Pearl Jam Unthought Known Seattle I 20090921

Hmmm... There they go again with the speeding-up thing they've being doing in the last 5 years or so (Corduroy, Given To Fly and State of Love and Trust are played way too fast these days). Sounds like some kind of a mellow punk song... and where is Boom in the mix? Piano made that song work. I'm sure the bootleg will fix that though.

The whole setlist BTW:

Main set: Long Road, Corduroy, Gonna See My Friend, Got Some, Hail Hail, Amongst The Waves, Daughter, Even Flow, Johnny Guitar, Unthought Known, World Wide Suicide, Small Town, Off He Goes, Down, Save You, The Fixer, Life Wasted

Encore: Just Breathe*, The End*, Inside Job, Rearviewmirror

Encore 2: Given To Fly, Do the Evolution, Better Man, The Real Me*, Indifference, Alive

*played with the Octava String Quartet

Is it really worth giving a shit about shitfork's opinion on anything?

This album is still getting numerous plays on my car stereo. Amongst The Waves :heart:

Well, while I have yet to buy Backspacer (I plan on hitting Target this week), I do agree with the sentiment that the albums themselves have been largely middling (if mostly enjoyable) affairs this decade. They certainly aren't as interesting or adventurous as the 90's releases.

The rating may be low, but the reviewer seemed objective and relatively snark-free (especially compared to their reviews of anything Shuttlecock puts out), and seemed to feel that the band was truly capable of much better.

:shrug:

Does anyone have an opinion as to which of the free concert downloads are best?

Get Grand Rapids 2006. That first encore was to die for. Best show of the Avocado tour.

Philadelphia 2005 and Hartford 2008 are great as well. You can't go wrong actually with any of them.

Even gave the new Muse album a higher score.

The Fixer is quality, hoping the rest of the album is just as good when I pick up the album.

Seattle 2:

Set List: Sometimes, Why Go, All Night, The Fixer, Dissident, Johnny Guitar, Faithfull, Lukin, Not For You/("Modern Girl" by Sleater-Kinney), No Way, Unthought Known, Unemployable, Comatose, Insignificance, Present Tense, Got Some, Go

1st encore: Just Breathe w/the Octava String Quartet, The End w/the Octava String Quartet, Black, In My Tree, Spin The Black Circle

2nd encore: Supersonic (sung as "SuperSonics" with new lyrics about SuperSonics basketball team), Do The Evolution, The Real Me (by Townshend) w/the Syncopated Taint Horn Quartet, Porch, Yellow Ledbetter/(Star Spangled Banner)

No Way, an old fan favorite from Yield, played only 3 times ever, returns after 11 years! (last time played; Virginia Beach, 09-07-1998).

Back
Top Bottom