Pearl Jam Discussion Thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Grammy's making up for something... that's all that was.

I do think Eddie has matured tremendously, I wonder what he would say now...

Grammy's making up for something... that's all that was.
The Grammy's never do anything like that.

Though I personally love STBC, kicks ass live.

I do think Eddie has matured tremendously, I wonder what he would say now...
Its interesting cause he's a fixture at RnR HOF inductions, almost like he's ass kissing to ensure PJ's enshrinement, perhaps he views that as more acceptable than other awards, but as we all know the induction committee is a joke.

With U2 being my favorite, Pearl Jam are my second favorite band. I've been down with them since Alive hit the airwaves and video screens back when I was 19 years old. I've enjoyed all of their albums. For me, the albums are pretty much chapters in the life and times of the members of Pearl Jam. Even though I've never met them, they all seem like pretty cool guys. I've seen them 4 times over the years. Holy shit, I even like ... Binaural! I'll admit it took me about 10 listens before I really got into it, but if I'm in a mellow PJ mood, I listen to it.

PJ Rules! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Dirty Frank came up on shuffle last night, and pulled me right up from the mood I'd been in. :rockon:

Maybe this is old news, but I was at Target yesterday and I saw Pearl Jam's single for sale on vinyl, a little 45! Looked really funny on the rack next to all the new CDs.

Kind of cool they were able to get the store to carry it, makes the whole distribution deal they made worth it, I imagine.

What I meant was at Target. And since when do I dislike Spin The Black Circle? :huh:

I'm surprised, and pleased, that this hasn't leaked yet. I was going to wait for the physical release anyway, but now that won't be difficult at all.

10 days!

I'm surprised, and pleased, that this hasn't leaked yet. I was going to wait for the physical release anyway, but now that won't be difficult at all.

10 days!

Hooray! But some high profile releases has been as late as the last week before release, I think I remember this being the case with Viva La Vida. Maybe they're only letting people listen to the vinyl for promos... making it a lot harder to leak.

I caved.

And my eyes started watering just now during the first verse of "Just Breathe." God, I'm a sap. But that song is probably destined to become a personal favorite.

Opening track "Gonna See My Friend" sounded great on first listen, too.

On "Amongst the Waves'' right now.

Yeah, sorry about that.

Still, easily the straight-up catchiest collection of songs in the band's career. Also, easily, their most uplifting collection.

I'm all aflutter.

"..my dear, the end comes near.. I'm here.. but not much longer..."

wow.. what a way to end the album

first thoughts: Having heard Eddie's songs played acoustically beforehand, I think the band arrengements add to the songs. I was afraid to hear another "Thumbing my way" or "Gone".

Great, solid, run of rockers at the beginning

Highlights: Everything except maybe Supersonic and The Fixer.

Back
Top Bottom