Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
South American tour. November.

Possibility they play Global Citizen Festival in Central Park in Septmber, but tomorrow's announcement will be South America.

11352260_777996888964700_664910982_n.jpg

News incoming... Clearly NYC related by the image, and very likely the Global Citizen's announcement (which I've been told is a go, even if this isn't that announcement)

Most likley Global Citizens, but still a possibility they play a show (or 2) while in town at MSG.
Of course they should warm up in Boston like they did in 2004 for the Vote For Change tour.

Last edited:
To no surprise, Global Citzen's Festival:

We are excited to announce that Pearl Jam will headline the 4th annual Global Citizen Festival in New York City’s Central Park on September 26, 2015!

The Global Citizen Festival is an action-rewarded, awareness-driven, free music festival where fans engage with causes in order to win tickets. This will be the band’s only North American show date of 2015.

Take action, win tickets, see impact. Launch the global goals and join the movement to end extreme poverty!

Anyone have issues with the phone call parts for the tickets? I did it, and didn't get the credit for it.

Anyone have issues with the phone call parts for the tickets? I did it, and didn't get the credit for it.

I haven't had a problem, when clicking the call link from my cell phone - actually just clicking the link gave me the credit w/o having to complete the call (although that is cheating...).

10 Club is running a pop up shop Tuesday -Friday 11-8 at Volcom Soho at 446 Broadway. If any of you New Yorkers want to grab me a Benaroya Hall vinyl set let me know. :wink:

Bono? Maybe in just a video on the screen? I know they do that also. They have a show in Germany on the 25th. I guess he could fly back and forth though.

Yeah I've debated not going if lines are such a big issue. Though i'm surprised with a few years under their belt now that its still an issue? Apparently they also ran out of food halfway through the show last year and you might not be able to bring any in.

Bono? Maybe in just a video on the screen? I know they do that also. They have a show in Germany on the 25th. I guess he could fly back and forth though.

Yeah I've debated not going if lines are such a big issue. Though i'm surprised with a few years under their belt now that its still an issue? Apparently they also ran out of food halfway through the show last year and you might not be able to bring any in.

Yeah, Berlin is the night before but there are actually five days off between that show and Barcelona - he is probably going to do something at the UN next week anyway so I am pretty sure he will be in person. His daughter Jordan works for Global Citizen, so...

Yeah, I don't know about the food situation. Hopefully they will have it together this year. I sprang for VIP, so supposedly that gets me different food stands and bathrooms (although I heard VIP entry can also be a mess).

Website says Coldplay is first at 4pm. Nothing else confirmed. Although I read on the PJ forum that the Pearl Jam Sirius channel is going to live broadcast the show starting at 9:15... so if true then I'd assume that's when they'll be on.

Since its so last minute and unexpected, I might have to work and miss the beginning, so I hope i'd be able to go in late. Of course that would mean being stuck in the back, but oh well.

Website says Coldplay is first at 4pm. Nothing else confirmed. Although I read on the PJ forum that the Pearl Jam Sirius channel is going to live broadcast the show starting at 9:15... so if true then I'd assume that's when they'll be on.

Since its so last minute and unexpected, I might have to work and miss the beginning, so I hope i'd be able to go in late. Of course that would mean being stuck in the back, but oh well.

I am 99.9% sure Central Park has a curfew although I thought it was 10:30 (at least it is for Summerstage stuff), in which case it won't be a full PJ set either - but definintely no later than 11.

Yeah it seems set lists are only 45-50 mins for each of the main artists. No Doubt's full stream from last year is on youtube and its 48 mins, 11 songs.

If driving in there will still be residual effects from the Pope's visit - list I am seeing says there will still be intermittent closures of the FDR on Saturday, so I would leave the car on the other side of the East or Hudson Rivers and take the subway/PATH the rest of the way.

Pope leaves for Philadelphia around 9-10 on Saturday morning so I think that is why they have the warnings for Saturday. But yeah, traffic will be screwed up for the next two weeks, not my favorite time of year for commuting!

Back
Top Bottom