Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I was.

He didn't impale the mask that night. I think he did that earlier in the tour in November.

).

If memory serves it was a review of a show in Denver that claimed he "impaled" the mask.
As I stated above his routine was to start with the mask on, then hang it on his mic stand and sing to it etc.

The use of the word impale by the writer was way off base but of course that's what some people remember/choose to believe from it.

If he tossed the mask on the floor then stabbed it with a pointed stick, you can use the word impale. To hang it on the stand playfully is a totally different act altogether.

Enough about the past, I need you both to think good and positive rain-free thoughts for my show on Monday.

They also didn't do the Bush mask again (I'm thinking the band told Eddie to chill).

).

Also, the Bush mask did resurface. I saw its last official performance in Mansfield on July 2, 2003. Cause that sucker flew about 6 inches over my outstretched hand when Eddie tossed it into the audience. I should have been 6'6" tall.

Enough about the past, I need you both to think good and positive rain-free thoughts for my show on Monday.

You'll be fine.

giphy.gif

If memory serves it was a review of a show in Denver that claimed he "impaled" the mask.
As I stated above his routine was to start with the mask on, then hang it on his mic stand and sing to it etc.

The use of the word impale by the writer was way off base but of course that's what some people remember/choose to believe from it.

If he tossed the mask on the floor then stabbed it with a pointed stick, you can use the word impale. To hang it on the stand playfully is a totally different act altogether.
I meant to type Denver and it autocorrected to November, cause 4 am

I just think the praise that bands get sometimes for being anti-Trump is a bit over the top. Not Pearl Jam's fault of course. I know they're on our side.

I just get a bit over the whole 'yaaaaaassss Pearl Jam are the best' (not accusing anyone here of that) when it's not really difficult or putting anything on the line for a hugely successful and rich band to make an anti-Trump statement.

I can see how my comment caused confusion.

So the last two times I've seen Pearl Jam I got to enjoy long weather delays at Wrigley Field. What an ugly and cursed stadium. Fuck the Cubs.

But this concert was transcendent. One of my favorite concerts I've ever been to. So many unforgettable moments. And I realize now I only appreciate this band more and more the older I get. They fucking bring it.

Five old school, uptempo rockers to begin the set right at a drunk and restless crowd, leading into a fucking gorgeous Beatles cover? You have me.

Some serious rarities like U, Smile, Evil Little Goat (first time ever! I also was at the first ever performance of YOUR BLUE ROOM ha), and Leash (which I died during).

I knew they played it in Seatlle but hearing Eddie sing one of my favorite White Stripes songs, a song that I've loved since I was a teenager, was really lovely and unexpected. The White Stripes fucking ruled. Along with PJ one of the best American rock bands.

Eddie also announced that PJ will never tour again between the months of April and October because he accepted a job as the Wrigley scoreboard operator and he'll just be smoking pot all season long inside the Wrigley Field scoreboard.

As much as I hate the Cubs, I thought that was a legitimately great joke. Had the crowd laughing and bewildered.

So the last two times I've seen Pearl Jam I got to enjoy long weather delays at Wrigley Field. What an ugly and cursed stadium. Fuck the Cubs.

But this concert was transcendent. One of my favorite concerts I've ever been to. So many unforgettable moments. And I realize now I only appreciate this band more and more the older I get. They fucking bring it.

Five old school, uptempo rockers to begin the set right at a drunk and restless crowd, leading into a fucking gorgeous Beatles cover? You have me.

An ugly stadium? That’s rich, coming from a fan of a team that played at Comiskey Park. You can hate the team while still acknowledging how nice the place is. I’ve got nothing good to say about the SF Giants but they have a beautiful park.

An ugly stadium? That’s rich, coming from a fan of a team that played at Comiskey Park. You can hate the team while still acknowledging how nice the place is. I’ve got nothing good to say about the SF Giants but they have a beautiful park.
Save it for someone who cares.

Nah, I'm just an angry and drunk idiot. The show was amazing, though.

Question for anyone (Hewson/Headache):

How long have they been doing this significantly extended version of Corduroy? It was a lot longer than any of the other times I've seen them, with lots more crowd interaction and jamming. I liked it a lot. And Eddie seems to have retroactively equated the song's lyrics to his beloved Cubs breaking through and finally winning the World Series. "The waiting drove me mad...you're finally here and I'm a mess..."

How long have they been doing this significantly extended version of Corduroy? It was a lot longer than any of the other times I've seen them, with lots more crowd interaction and jamming. I liked it a lot. And Eddie seems to have retroactively equated the song's lyrics to his beloved Cubs breaking through and finally winning the World Series. "The waiting drove me mad...you're finally here and I'm a mess..."

First time I noticed it was during the 2016 tour. Not sure if that's the first time they started extending it during the bridge but that's the first I picked up on it.

Extended bridge in Corduroy is a recent phenomenon.
I’ve only witnessed it live in person at Fenway in 2016 so it wasn’t being done in 2013.
So either started in 2016 or could have been 2014 not sure on that.

Back
Top Bottom