Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, that album came out a few weeks before I entered 8th grade. It's crazy to think that around the same time we also got albums like Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, RHCP's Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Nirvana's Nevermind, U2's Achtung Baby, and My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. What a year.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Yeah, that album came out a few weeks before I entered 8th grade. It's crazy to think that around the same time we also got albums like Soundgarden's Badmotorfinger, RHCP's Blood Sugar Sex Magik, Nirvana's Nevermind, U2's Achtung Baby, and My Bloody Valentine's Loveless. What a year.

Amazing year indeed. All records listed are great of course.

Upcoming PJ stadium tour dates for US:

Aug 8 & 10 at Safeco Field in Seattle (announced today)

Other dates soon to be announced:

Aug 13 Missoula MT at Grizzly Stadium
Aug 18 & 20 Wrigley Field
Sep 2 & 4 Fenway Park

What’s the best Pearl Jam album to come out after Binaural? That’s where I kind of gave up. I’ve been meaning to give their latest efforts a listen.

What’s the best Pearl Jam album to come out after Binaural? That’s where I kind of gave up. I’ve been meaning to give their latest efforts a listen.
There have been four albums since Binaural and they're all worth listening to if you like the band. Though I would say the best of those is either Riot Act or the self-titled. The most recent one (Lightning Bolt) is probably my least favorite.

I might try and go to one of the Seattle shows, although I'd more than likely be reeeeeally far away at that venue, which makes shows there a little less fun. Will see how much tickets are.

So the point of this new tour is what? Is there a new album coming out?

Well aside from playing music as mentioned, the Seattle shows are part of an effort (along with other local businesses, artists and the Mariners)to raise money to combat homelessness in the area:

In addition to bringing nearly 100,000 fans from around the world together, The Home Shows will spotlight efforts across the city and King County to address the region’s homelessness issue.
Pearl Jam is pledging a minimum of $1 million toward local homelessness initiatives. They challenge everyone to join them -- with the goal of raising a minimum of $10 million pledged toward addressing homelessness in 2018. The band is researching a wide range of programs to address Seattle-area homelessness in varied ways with a plan to announce specific beneficiaries closer to the show dates.

They like the money their legacy brings in. Its probably easier than having to create and promote something new.
Lolz yea, that's what it is.

They've released the same number of studio albums as U2 have since 2000 - 5. A 6th is due by next year.

If you count all of the side projects, like Eddie's 2 solo albums, RNDM, etc., they've released 23 full studio albums since 2000.

And toured every year but one. And in that one year off? Three separate side projects tours.

Really looks like they're just camping it in and resting on their laurels there. Just packing it in and counting the money.

Must be hard to not care about doing something new.

LOL wut tha fuc

Well you know the face value (before fees) last time they toured in 2016 was average of like $74.00 for a ticket, and the shows only averaged about 3 hours 15 minutes in length so they are money grubbing greedy bastards who could learn a thing or 2 about treating their fans better from the likes of U2, The Stones, Madonna et al.

Back
Top Bottom