Pearl Jam Discussion Part 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a newfound respect for Mike McCready. .

I've seen them 30 times.
Several of those shows I've brought someone to their first PJ show. And normally the first comment is about McCready and how great he is. He's basically my favorite guitarist to see play live now that EVH has passed.

Glad you enjoyed the show.
I'm in the same boat as GAF, they are not playing anything in New England this year. Hopefully they extend this tour into 2023.

I had forgotten until you mentioned it...

McCready played a tribute to Eddie Van Halen during the show. Everyone else stepped away while he played Eruption. McCready was also wearing a Soundgarden t-shirt.

I generally got the sense that quite a few people special to the band had passed away since the last time bands could tour, and they're just now getting the opportunity to honor those people. They specifically named Taylor Hawkins and Eddie's uncle (who lived in Phoenix).

Finally got to see Pearl Jam again last night. Great show, great setlist.

Matt Cameron was out with Covid so Josh Klinghoffer and Richard Stuverud filled in on drums. Both brought the energy and played amazingly well for less than a day’s notice.

They also pulled a guy out of the crowd to play Yellow Ledbetter to close the show.

The only bad thing I can say about the show is that stopped at 24 songs.

Now Jeff has Covid. Vegas and Sacramento have been canceled. Refunds are being given. Hopefully they all don't get it, but we'll see. :sad:

Sounds anecdotally from what I've read on PJ board that lots of people in GA pit at Oakland #2 have come down with Covid. Like the pit was a super spreader, and maybe even traveled onto the stage and got Jeff.

Masks at a concert (especially in GA) should probably still be required. All the singing along and cheering and the Rona is just wafting through the arena.

We wore masks at the Phoenix show. Looking down from our seats into GA, I noticed two whole people wearing masks in that area. Maybe saw about 20 masked people total the entire night.

No one said anything to us about it, but we were outliers for sure.

Oh damn! We just said no more making plans until after our wedding in August. That might change lol.

Yeah! Is it worth joining the 10 Club for tickets or is it pretty easy to catch them on the general sale?

Depends on the city.
Chicago was tipped in their Instagram video, as was Minneapolis/St Paul (not sure which is closer to you). No idea if Milwaukee area is a possibility. Chicago probably a top 5 toughest city to get tix (NYC, Philly, Boston and Seattle being the others)

Other cities hinted at in the video were Dallas, Indianapolis and Philly.

Rumors are September dates...problem solved.
For Fucks sake can U2 just announce dates already?

Also, side note - if they skip the DC/Baltimore area, after canceling the show from COVID and not offering anyone an alternative, I'm gonna be pissed.

I'm using all of my "I'm traveling to see this concert" goodwill for this fall on Vegas.

Dates leaked due to a glitch on PJ website yesterday.
Appears the dates are:

8/31 & 9/2 St. Paul MN
9/5 & 8/7 Chicago
9/10 Noblesville, IN
9/13 & 9/15 Ft. Woth TX
9/18 & 9/19 Austin TX

The Instagram teaser from Apil 1 ended with a shot of the Philly skyline, so speculation was that Philly was getting a show. Nothing on that, some speculation it could be Made in America festival which is 9/2 & 9/3 which seems very unlikely now with the leaked 9/2 St. Paul date.

Hopefully there's more dates than those but starting to sound like this might be it.

Appears the dates are:

8/31 & 9/2 St. Paul MN
9/5 & 8/7 Chicago
9/10 Noblesville, IN
9/13 & 9/15 Ft. Woth TX
9/18 & 9/19 Austin TX

The Instagram teaser from Apil 1 ended with a shot of the Philly skyline, so speculation was that Philly was getting a show. Nothing on that, some speculation it could be Made in America festival which is 9/2 & 9/3 which seems very unlikely now with the leaked 9/2 St. Paul date.

Hopefully there's more dates than those but starting to sound like this might be it.

huh

tenclubsupport@ticketmaster.com - Feb 11, 2022

We are disappointed to share that we have had to cancel the previously postponed Baltimore, MD show. The building is closing for upcoming renovations and is unable to reschedule a new date. We cannot announce any new ticketing options at this time but hope to be able to take care of fans impacted by this cancellation in the future.

cool.

hope noblesville, indiana has fun.

huh

cool.

hope noblesville, indiana has fun.

Never believe them when they promise to make something up to fans. Has never happened.
"Big, bold and free" never happened.
Raleigh 2016 was never made up and fans got nothing (aside from a lot of travel expenses)
Baltimore 2020 (2022) will never be made up, and this is what you'll get:

Looks like St Paul might be the one I choose even if it's an hour and half longer drive than to Chicago. The whole being on a weekend thing takes the cake.

Appears the dates are:

8/31 & 9/2 St. Paul MN
9/5 & 9/7 Chicago
9/10 Noblesville, IN
9/13 & 9/15 Ft. Woth TX
9/18 & 9/19 Austin TX

And those are the dates.
9 shows in 5 cities now constitutes a "tour" for these guys. Sad.
And Inhaler opening in Chicago, Indy and Austin. Won't be bothering even thinking about traveling for this as the pending U2 Vegas shows will be my focus for any concert travel.

Just signed up for the verified fan presale. So pumped! Any other measures I should take to get tickets or is verified fan presale pretty good. I'm not a member of the Ten Club or anything.

Also, I couldn't find the opener for St Paul. Any clue who it is?

could they just play NJ/CT and avoid the NY resale bs? (Not familiar with NJ/CT resale law)

Just signed up for the verified fan presale. So pumped! Any other measures I should take to get tickets or is verified fan presale pretty good. I'm not a member of the Ten Club or anything.

Also, I couldn't find the opener for St Paul. Any clue who it is?

St. Paul and Fort Worth openers are TBD.

If you don't get tix in verified sale, keep an eye on Fan2fan face value exchange (they'll be the red resale tix on TM map page). That's how folks will have to re-sell tix they can't use (except in Chicago due to Illinois law), so you can score seats at face that way, usually closer to show date.

St. Paul and Fort Worth openers are TBD.

If you don't get tix in verified sale, keep an eye on Fan2fan face value exchange (they'll be the red resale tix on TM map page). That's how folks will have to re-sell tix they can't use (except in Chicago due to Illinois law), so you can score seats at face that way, usually closer to show date.

Sweet thanks! Hopefully it all works next Friday but that's great to know too.

Not gonna lie... MSG for a concert is kinda magical.

It is but CT is an easy sellout for them. Underserved market in a way, in that not everyone wants to drive ~2 hrs in either direction for a show. And they potentially get to have a scalper-free show.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom