Paul Westerberg - New Song

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dudeman

Refugee
new song out by Paul Westerberg.

Not exactly a scorcher, but it sits well.
Pumpin' piano ballad that would partner well with "Skyway".

here's a link:
Free MP3: Paul Westerberg, ‘My Road Now’ — ex-Replacement’s first new song in 2 years | slicing up eyeballs // 80s alternative music, college rock, indie

it's on a bunch of websites, but slicingupeyeballs is great.

also, Stereogum went and rated the Replacements albums, worst to best. A fast, good read.
The Replacements Albums From Worst To Best - Stereogum

lastly, in this Wiki bullshit, someone quotes PW as saying after "Let it Be", they were gonna call the next album "Let It Bleed". That woulda been "Tim". That woulda been an awesome title for that album:

"The cover of Let It Be is a photograph of the band sitting on the roof of Bob and Tommy Stinson's mother's house taken by Daniel Corrigan. Michael Azerrad stated that the cover was a "great little piece of mythmaking," showcasing each bandmember's personality via how they appear in the photograph.[17] The album's title is a reference to the 1970 album Let It Be by The Beatles; the reference was intended as a joke on the Replacements' manager, Peter Jesperson, who was a huge Beatles fan.[1] Westerberg has stated the name was "our way of saying that nothing is sacred, that the Beatles were just a fine rock & roll band. We were seriously gonna call the next record Let It Bleed."[8]"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_It_Be_(The_Replacements_album)

over and out.

I appreciate any Mats list that puts the first three releases at the bottom. They're fun, but nowhere near the band's best work.

And I love the defense of All Shook Down in the opening editorial. Such a great album.

Also, Pleased To Meet Me is SO welcome at #1, beating fan favorites Let It Be and Tim. Amazing!

absolutely! it's a great rundown,
overall, an assessment that rings true to me.
Pleased to Meet Me has always been my favorite.

i listened to "Don't Tell a Soul" while i read it. Those late period albums are great.

and then "Unsatisfied" came on, for some reason. cool.

PS - that new song is even better on listen #2.
can't wait for #3...

Back
Top Bottom