Paul Colman Trio (PC3)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
Has anyone heard of this band? I reckon they are absolutley fantastic. They are a Christian-rock band, and I wasn't even thrown off by the fact they're religious because they are so good.

PC3 were awesome. I saw them once on their final "One" tour of Australia. They have some really awesome songs - and a very practical view of religion & God in the world today.

Paul has also openly said he drew a lot from my favourite band (Crowded House) and their lead singer/songwriter Neil Finn. I see it a lot in regards to the use of the acoustic within the song, melodically & their on-stage banter which Nick, Paul & Neil were famous for. Also like Crowded House they broke up at their musical peak.

Props COBL_04 for bringing them up. :up:

What does props mean :huh: (this smilie is otherwise known as henriwhatthefukyousayin or sumthing like that)

I got a bit depressed when I wrote this thread...I never got a chance to see them live. They had a concert in Melbourne last year but I didn't get to go...:sad: They are a terrific band.

They are supposedly crowd-pleasers live. How was the concert timothius?

COBL_04 said:
They are supposedly crowd-pleasers live. How was the concert timothius?

They are awesome. As I said they really took a leaf out of the Crowdies book and connect with the audience not only through song but through banter & such. They really give off the vibe of playing "with" the audience rather than "for" which is a vibe very, very, very few bands have.

There are PC3 live cd's out there "Electric" & "Acoustic" as well as a video... have you got them?

Paul Colman came out with a solo album a couple of months ago too. HAven't heard it, but it got pretty good reviews.
He writes a column for CCM magazine as well.

I have the Electric live album. It's really good - See My Baby is about the only thing that goes for 14 minutes with no visual that I'll listen to! I loved the impression of U2. Sundown, Banquet Table, In The Middle, Dip, they are all great.

:sad: Come back! :sad:

Back
Top Bottom