Passion Pit - Manners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

impy13

ONE love, blood, life
passion-pit.jpg

May 19. Hype hype hype hype hype. Already got a 92 from Paste, which I somehow have a subscription to.

Have a listen here. "The Reeling" will be on the LP. The other three are from last years exquisite Chunk of Change EP.

The song that's up on their myspace page from the new album, The Reeling, is excellent. I prefer it to the EP songs that I've heard, although those are good as well.

As I mentioned in the other thread, the vocal improves on the new song vs. the EP.

So this album may or may not have leaked in the past few days. :shifty:

I'm on the second song, "Little Secrets," and I think I'm hooked. :up: Haven't heard the EP yet, but I'll be going to pick it up soon, that's for sure.

This came out today, my lovelies. I haven't had a chance to go grab it. But when I do, oh what a day it'll be.

I'm thinking after my last final exam Thursday morning I'll saunter up to Waterloo and get the LP. I like these Passionate Pits.

Yeah. If I had read my initial post, I would know that.

Blame this for the confusion. I don't want to wait another week for this bitch.

I'm thinking after my last final exam Thursday morning I'll saunter up to Waterloo and get the LP. I like these Passionate Pits.

:hmm: LP sounds like a good idea for this one. I already want to go blow some of my paycheck next week on other records anyway.

BTW, the album's fantastic. As is the EP, which I picked up last week. :up:

Last year, we had Dear Science and In Ghost Colours. This year, we have It's Blitz! and Manners. To me, it's a fair trade-off. On first listen, I fucking love this album, and The Reeling is simply wonderful. Not sure how it'll age for me, but it's off to a great start.

I'm doubting any local stores will have this today. All the new releases I want today are on labels that generally seem hard to find in Utah. :angry:

Passion Pit, The Field, Jason Lytle, and the Manic Street Preachers' import. Think I'm outta luck on all of them.

I'm doubting any local stores will have this today. All the new releases I want today are on labels that generally seem hard to find in Utah. :angry:

Passion Pit, The Field, Jason Lytle, and the Manic Street Preachers' import. Think I'm outta luck on all of them.

If I cared I would point and laugh in Utah's general direction right now.

Sounds like some justice needs to be imposed. I'll leave the variety up to your discretion.

THE PASH!

I can't make it to the store yet since I'm cleaning up all the Monopoly money my friend made it rain with last night.

THE PASH!

Well, I was wrong. Oddly enough, the Best Buy near work had Passion Pit. I bought this entirely based off of all of your hyping here, I honestly haven't even heard it mentioned anywhere else. All of you rat bastardos generally have good taste, so I figure it must not suck if you're all liking it.

It has a humorous sticker on the front of the CD quoted to Nylon Magazine that says, "Passion Pit are more groundbreaking than a stampede of obese elephants".

alright, so i gave this a full listen, and i really like it, though the vocals bother me a little. do they really need to sing that high?

I haven't had a chance to listen to the entire album yet (well, I've had many "chances" I suppose, I just haven't :wink:), but I've listened to both The Reeling and Sleepyhead numerous times since yesterday and enjoy both greatly.

i know this is the case with most music, but i've noticed that the louder i listen to this album, the more i like it.

Is this the new indie sensation? I can't wait to give it a listen. Love me some electronica.

Back
Top Bottom