Passion Pit - Manners

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can I talk about how much I love "Moth's Wings" for a minute?

I'm with ElMel, like In Ghost Colours last year, Manners will be my party album for 2009. Faaaantastic!

I might see them in the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

"Moth's Wings" is great. Actually, the first three songs are just awesome and a good way to start out the album. "Make Light" and "Little Secrets" are definite standouts for me too. :up: Damn, this is a fun little album that keeps growing on me daily. I'll also take the time right now to credit Impy for introducing them to me...thanks to your DI6 list. Good stuff. :up:

"Moth's Wings" is great. Actually, the first three songs are just awesome and a good way to start out the album. "Make Light" and "Little Secrets" are definite standouts for me too. :up: Damn, this is a fun little album that keeps growing on me daily. I'll also take the time right now to credit Impy for introducing them to me...thanks to your DI6 list. Good stuff. :up:

:up:

Well, at first I was worried this thread wouldn't really take off, but I'm glad to see a lot of people got into it.

I only bought the damn album because of your mainstream-Sony-loving-self.

Need to relisten a few more times yet, but I already think it's a fine album, right at the top of this year's game for sure. Pretty much any time I'm driving these days, I like to make sure The Reeling is on. Fuck yeah.

Its a good album and I like it. But if you see this band live, you will understand that this lead singer cannot sing. Seriously, its bad

Drivin around and "Little Secrets" hits me on the radio and I loved it. Good thing the DJ said the artist and the title of the song after the track was over or else I never would have known. That's my random thread bump for the day. Thanks.

If we're talking MGMT comparisons, let's just say the Passionate Pits are like MGMT if MGMT didn't suck.

The MGMT album would have made a killer EP instead.

Or they could have just released 3 singles with a b-side each. I have hope for them in the future. MGMT and M83's most recent are similar in that way, to me. Good singles, subpar albums.

Back
Top Bottom