Paging Van Halen Fans?!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
nah, i have never heard a van halen song that i liked. so i win.

If by "win," you mean being one of those douchebags that posts on a thread about a band (he) has no interest in other than to denigrate them, well.... congratulations.

You really are a Van Halen fan. :wink:

Have you listened to the new album yet?

Yeah, I think it's the best thing they've done since the Fair Warning album.

Here's two factoids....

My first live rock band was Van Halen... in a club (The Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, CA)... in 1777 a full year before they got signed.

Fact two: Right at this very moment they are playing a full dress rehearsal at the LA Forum.

My first live rock band was Van Halen... in a club (The Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, CA)... in 1777 a full year after the Declaration of Independence got signed.

It really is impressive that they're still going. We should cut them some slack.

Just to contribute something of substance to this thread, I must say that Jamie's Cryin' and Hot For Teacher really kick ass.

Yeah, I think it's the best thing they've done since the Fair Warning album.

Here's two factoids....

My first live rock band was Van Halen... in a club (The Golden Bear in Huntington Beach, CA)... in 1777 a full year before they got signed.

Fact two: Right at this very moment they are playing a full dress rehearsal at the LA Forum.

Cool facts. The album definitely has a late 70's/early 80's vibe going.

The new album has finally leaked. It lacks even one good song. Best bit is the riff in "She's The Woman" since it was written before their first album.

Gotta tell ya, I couldn't disagree more...I bought it on the way home last night and listened on the ride home and again on the way in this morning and I think its very solid, with lots of very good EVH guitar work. DLR is kind of in the background on a lot of songs and the Van Halen family is center stage and there may not be a lot of "radio friendly" type songs, but musically it feels very much like the first 4 albums, and I am really digging it, and looking forward to seeing Eddie rip through some of these songs next month.

I can't imagine that an album with a song as shitty as Tattoo could be any good, but I've got a handle of Bacardi and some time to kill later tonight. We'll see how it goes.

Tattoo has grown on me, I didn't hate it at first like some do, but I feel it was better live and I like the studio version.

But it's one of the weaker songs on the album. I d/l'ed it early and went and bought the deluxe cd yesterday.

Of the 13 tracks on the album, Tattoo is no higher than 12th, and like Chris said, its not that bad, but definitely not the best choice for a lead single...should have dropped something like She'e The Woman as the single.

I skipped the Chicago show a couple weeks back, but they'll be back in Rosemont next month. I think I might go to that one. W. Axl Rose has left me hungry for a better old school rock show.

Now I'm pissed...

15256__roth_l.jpg

I'm listening to 1984 right now for the first time in AGES.

It was my favorite album when I was 12, and it still pretty much rocks.

Hold on, my pager is going off...

Great album, plus 1984 was a pretty good year. Panama still kicks ass after all of these years. The album cover was a classic too.

Back
Top Bottom