P!nk- The Truth About Love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HBK-79

War Child
Hey guys. I don’t like P!nk too much. But I know lots of Interferencers do. And many of my friends on Facebook gush about her and are going to see her in concert.

With the exception of Blow Me (One Last Kiss), I haven’t listened to P!nk’s new album yet. But I reckon that this era is going to be huge for her, as she’s embarking on her FIRST MAJOR North American tour.

Truth_About_Love_Tour.jpg

I just wonder if she can manage to beat out Taylor Swift and Lady Gaga. She’s not a pop icon but she has a flair for churning out hit after hit.

Thoughts?

cobl04 said:
I couldn't give a fuck about her but she makes a killing in Australia.

They love her down there...more than 30 shows Down Under on her current tour (I think she did close to 60 on the tour before that)

I always had a soft spot for Pink's music, especially her most recent albums. Would be fun seeing her live.

I like her quite a bit. I've been meaning to pick up the new album but haven't gotten around to it.

She's great, always liked her personality, now I like her music after listening. Better than your average pop music you hear on top 40. I mean, the song "Who Knew" is about a friend who died of a heroin overdose...not sure you get many deep pop songs like that on top 40 radio anymore. Well, it's more pop-rock, or straight rock in the case of "Try This" and some other songs from other albums. I like the blend of meaningful songs and meaningless party songs she seems to use.

"Try This" is produced by Tim Armstrong from Rancid, probably why its not as commercially well known, but its her best. And I think its great she seems to have outlasted and is now more popular than all those less talented popstars like Britney Spears who came around at the same time.

:up:

Yeah, that's a great pop album. I picked up the new one - I really like about half of it. Which is more than I can say about her last one, so I'm pleased.

I don't have the new album, but I love Pink & would def go see her live if given the opportunity. I think she has an amazing voice & her sense of humor cracks me up. :up:

Did anyone just see her performance at the American Music Awards? She always puts on a show. Personally, nothing beats her performance at the Grammy's in 2010. That was something.

Wonder what stunts will she do on her upcoming tour.

Back
Top Bottom