own personal segues

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

allbecauseofu2

Refugee
Bands do it live. u2 has made a career out of it. lol. dj;s have done it on the radio to get across a emotion or a message. a artistic statement. Have you ever done one on your own? when listening to a ipod? or a mix cd? or however you been listening. cause it got a emotional reaction or touched you in some way? between the same artists, or different ones. i have done it alot of times. the most recent one was, and thier isn;t a logical explanation cause the bands or songs are not alike, but that song "young folks" by peter bjorn, and u2's "magnificent ". seem like they could flow together.

I like when it happens inadvertently, like when my ipod's on shuffle. Two that seemed to segue pretty well:

C'est La Vie - Martin Solvieg - Ministry of Sound - Electric House Sessions 2 > Guerilla Radio - Rage Against the Machine

Karma Police - Radiohead > There is No Such Place - Augie March (may have been other way round, can't remember)

i hate to admit something like this, but i once had my ipod on shuffle, and "In The Meantime" by Spacehog flowed perfectly into "Beds Are Burning" by Midnight Oil.

I've made loads of playlists. Some of my favorite segues:

TV On The Radio - I Was A Lover ---> Blur - Out Of Time
Elastica - Connection ---> Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
Massive Attack - Exchange ---> Moby - Porcelain
Willie Nelson - Phases And Stages (Theme)/Washing The Dishes ---> Randy Newman - I Think It's Going To Rain Today
Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime ---> LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
Madonna - Get Together ---> Gorillaz - Dare
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive ---> The Roots - Criminal
The Flaming Lips - Placebo Headwound ---> My Bloody Valentine - Touched ---> Kanye West - Flashing Lights
Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell - You're All I Need To Get By ---> Big Star - Feel
Super Furry Animals - Down A Different River ---> The Stone Roses - Waterfall
Arcade Fire - Ocean Of Noise ---> The Jam - English Rose
Passion Pit - The Reeling ---> Aphex Twin - Pulsewidth
Brian Eno - Everything Merges With The Night ---> The Mountain Goats - No Children

massive attack into moby, thats good. a weird one i had was "bubbly" by colbie callet, and then "40". u2's 40. it was odd. A fav radio dj of mine is the acclaimed vin scelsa in nyc. He is where i truly learned the art of segues. he has done so many i can't even list them,. because thats his whole show.

I had got these excellent segues this weekend:

Andrew Bird - Anonanimal ----> Midlake - Young Bride

and

Wilco - My Darling ----> Neko Case - Don't Forget Me

I've made loads of playlists. Some of my favorite segues:

TV On The Radio - I Was A Lover ---> Blur - Out Of Time
Elastica - Connection ---> Muse - Supermassive Black Hole
Massive Attack - Exchange ---> Moby - Porcelain
Willie Nelson - Phases And Stages (Theme)/Washing The Dishes ---> Randy Newman - I Think It's Going To Rain Today
Talking Heads - Once In A Lifetime ---> LCD Soundsystem - Someone Great
Madonna - Get Together ---> Gorillaz - Dare
Bee Gees - Stayin' Alive ---> The Roots - Criminal
The Flaming Lips - Placebo Headwound ---> My Bloody Valentine - Touched ---> Kanye West - Flashing Lights
Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell - You're All I Need To Get By ---> Big Star - Feel
Super Furry Animals - Down A Different River ---> The Stone Roses - Waterfall
Arcade Fire - Ocean Of Noise ---> The Jam - English Rose
Passion Pit - The Reeling ---> Aphex Twin - Pulsewidth
Brian Eno - Everything Merges With The Night ---> The Mountain Goats - No Children

Now I have to try these out. The "Once in a Lifetime" and "I Think It's Going to Rain Today" ones are particularly awesome. Here are some of mine:

+ "The Love Below (Intro)" by Outkast ---> "Flashing Lights" by Kanye West
+ "Don't Make Me a Target" by Spoon ---> "Satellite" by Smash Mouth ---> "Business Time" by Flight of the Conchords ---> "Pacific Theme" by Broken Social Scene
+ "One of These Mornings (ft. Patti LaBelle) by Moby ---> "Killer (Single)" by Seal
+ "Beverly Penn" by The Waterboys ---> "(Antichrist Television Blues)" by Arcade Fire (I regard both of these songs as the 2 best songs Springsteen never recorded)
+ "The Birth and Death of the Day" by Explosions in the Sky ---> "Stand Inside Your Love" by Smashing Pumpkins
+ "Blowin' in the Wind" by Bob Dylan ---> "Walk on the Wild Side" by Lou Reed ---> "Find the River" by R.E.M.

Back
Top Bottom