Ours

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

starsgoblue

Blue Crack Addict
Let's discuss the greatness that is Ours. I think Geneco's (sp) voice is simply amazing--the only singer that can pull off a Freddie Mercury song and actually rival it IMO. "Precious" and "Distorted Lullabies" are fantastic albums. Any fellow fans?

Last edited:
u2popmofo isn't here anymore, but he digs them.

i think they suck.

:shrug:

I got their first album. Their "single" caught my ear because it sounded like Jeff Buckley singing for Radiohead. I'm not to impressed with much of their other stuff.

I remember liking the song Sometimes quite some time ago.

I am ok these guys, saw them a few times, they put on a pretty cool show. There were always rumors about Jimmy Gnecco being Jeff Buckley's Guitar tech. I guess they were good friends, and Jimmy fixed a guitar for Jeff once. I guess Gnecco picked up a few things from Buckley as quite an influence on the band.

i've heard rumors about a jeff buckley shrine on the coffee table.

Se7en said:
dude you're really funny!

funny would be if i could remember which band member had the coffee table shrine. it would mean i had an uncanny ability to remember 2 or 3 year old information from some crazy lady concerning a band i've never liked.

please, zoney drops more names in a single post.

Love this band. Great live. Seen them 6 or 7 times and got to have drinks with the very interesting man that is Jimmy Gnecco, the lifeline of the band.

They just got finished recording their third album with Rick Rubin, no release date yet.

But we do have a few live dates:

April 17, 2006 - Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Theater w/Dredg.
April 18, 2006 - Chicago, IL @ Metro w/Dredg.
April 19, 2006 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall w/Dredg.
April 21, 2006 - New York, NY @ Avalon w/Dredg.
April 22, 2006 - Boston, MA @ Avalon w/Dredg.
April 23, 2006 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of Living Arts w/Dredg.
April 25, 2006 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club w/Dredg
April 26, 2006 - Norfolk, Virginia @ The Norva w/Dredg.
April 28, 2006 - Atlanta, Georgia @ The Masquerade w/Dredg

Love this band. Great live. Seen them 6 or 7 times and got to have drinks with the very interesting man that is Jimmy Gnecco, the lifeline of the band.

They just got finished recording their third album with Rick Rubin, no release date yet.

But we do have a few live dates:

April 17, 2006 - Cleveland, OH @ The Agora Theater w/Dredg.
April 18, 2006 - Chicago, IL @ Metro w/Dredg.
April 19, 2006 - Detroit, MI @ St. Andrews Hall w/Dredg.
April 21, 2006 - New York, NY @ Avalon w/Dredg.
April 22, 2006 - Boston, MA @ Avalon w/Dredg.
April 23, 2006 - Philadelphia, PA @ Theater of Living Arts w/Dredg.
April 25, 2006 - Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club w/Dredg
April 26, 2006 - Norfolk, Virginia @ The Norva w/Dredg.
April 28, 2006 - Atlanta, Georgia @ The Masquerade w/Dredg

did they really finish this album in 2006? i can't believe the release was delayed two years. i saw this band in philadelphia back in 2007 (i believe) at the north star bar. before the show i said to my friend, "i wonder how well he sings in a live show?" pretty fucking well, as i found out. :up:

love this band. jimmy is a self-professed huge U2 fan. He's got a new solo album in the works, expected out in February next year.

Their live shows when they HEADLINE are absolutely mindblowing. The drumjams just kill. I even joined them onstage once to play drums, lol.

Forgot about this band!

I bought Distorted Lullabies when it came out, because I liked how much Jimmy Gnecco's voice reminded me of Bono's. I think it's funny how every time U2 has an album coming out, someone posts "Dancing Alone" and says it's a new song.

The second album, "Precious", was good too. As I got older, though, I enjoyed the songs less and less. It's a little too bleak for me. For bleak, I'll check out some Radiohead. Ours seemed a little too gothic for my tastes.

Still, "Dizzy" and "I'm a Monster" are great tunes.

Haven't heard the Rubin-produced album, which came out last year, according to iTunes.

you should definitely check Mercy TJT..

"Worst Things Beautiful"
YouTube - The Worst Things Beautiful

"Live Again"
YouTube - Live Again

phenomenal live band WHEN THEY HEADLINE especially.

Mike Portnoy of Dream Theater described Jimmy Gnecco "like Bono on Steroids" which immediately got my attention. Jimmy can wail like a fucking banshee, and their latest album is very much indicative of that.

I can't wait to hear his solo record when it comes out (or leaks) in February.

Back
Top Bottom