One Hundred Million Suns...New Snow Patrol Album.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
I am so excited for this one.. Both Keane and Snow Patrol to release their new albums in Autumn (and U2 too of course :D ). I am really diggin the album titles for both. Keane's is called Perfect Symmetry and this one is hella cool too.

New Snow Patrol album, One Hundred Million Suns, due in the autumn

By Maureen Coleman
Thursday, 31 July 2008

Snow Patrol’s fifth album is to be entitled One Hundred Million Suns, the Belfast Telegraph can reveal today.

The follow-up to the massive-selling Eyes Open album is set for release later this year and according to drummer Jonny Quinn, is their best offering to date.

And the band are expected to perform a few intimate shows back home in Northern Ireland before playing a major concert here in the new year.

Speaking from Berlin where Snow Patrol have been recording their highly-anticipated new album, Jonny admitted the pressure had been on to deliver a spectacular new album — but the band are delighted with the result.

“We recorded the album at Grouse Lodge Studios in Ireland and the same studios in Berlin where U2 recorded Achtung Baby,” he said.

“It’s still very much melody- based, but it’s different too in ways from the other albums. It’s hard to know what everyone will make of it but we’re happy. I’d go as far as to say I think it’s our best album yet.

“The new album should be out some time later this year, maybe October, and we certainly want to get home to play a big gig for everyone next year. But we’ll probably play a few smaller ones, with any luck, before Christmas.”

Snow Patrol’s third album Final Straw was the band’s first major commercial success and gave the band a number of hit singles.

But it was their fourth album, Eyes Open, released in 2006, which saw them break the US market as well.

I am kinda freakin out with all this new material that means many tours next year...I am gonna be in the poor house and or living on the streets next year after all this.. It's just gonna be :crazy: trying to keep up with it all... oy vey mama!

I'm doubting I'll be the only person who thought this was a thread about the Smashing Pumpkins.

from Gary's blog

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

achtung baby! hero lodger transformed into low idiot!

Berlin. Ah, Berlin. Already a city of my heart. Broken but healing and so full of hope and energy that it's hard not to be enthralled and elated by it's modern self. It feels like the beginning of something special here. From the day we got here we all felt something shift in the record. We had spent the last seven weeks in the pastoral womb of Grouse Lodge and hadn't seen neon for close to two months so it could just be we're all now suffering from toxic shock. Think we needed a change though as much as we love Grouse Lodge and all the people down there, so Claire, Paddy, Gav, Franny, Tracy, Evan, Lizzy and Kate thank you for having us and for looking after us in your own wonderful way.

Sorry there has been so peeps from me on this forum for a while. My head has been disappeared. Think we're in a good place now although it's always hard to know when you're far too close to it. Like trying to see the Empire State Building from the lobby.

So from the cosy bosom of nature we find ourselves in the electric embrace of the city and it feels good. Great to be around people and buildings and traffic and bars (oh bars) and cars and bicycles (watch your ass though as those guys'll run you down for fun if you stray onto the bike path). Berlin is also the easiest place on earth to get a cab. Being in a new city and walking as much as I do you tend to find yourself lost a hell of a lot and the only thing you're sure of is that you're far, far away from the place you started. Also i never seem to have had the presence of mind to buy a map or guide book thinking this time I'll remember my way back. Bread crumbs don't work so well in the city or out side of fairytales for that matter (actually not sure they worked that well inside fairytales either. Bit rusty on my Brother's Grimm but I don't remember too many happy endings) so I rely on my idiot-like reverse super power of 'get lost/it get's dark/the wolves get my scent/get cab'. In a lot of cities especially in the wee hours cabs are harder to find than sober people. In Berlin though you just have to think 'cab' and there's one. Little bit of urban magic.

Enough about cabs man fer god sake!

So to the things we are loving in the time since the last post:

FLEET FOXES. Of course. Extravagantly stunning and lush vocal maelstrom that continues to open and surprise with further listens.
MySpace.com - Fffffllle eeeee et t Fffff oxxxes - Xachua’bsh, Washington - Zouk - www.myspace.com/fleetfoxes

LATE OF THE PIER. The Daniel Brereton videos on the tube of you. Each one very different, each one equally brave and mad. Check these….
YouTube - Late of The Pier - Focker
YouTube - Late of The Pier - Bears Are Coming - OUT NOW!!
YouTube - Late Of The Pier - Bathroom Gurgle

SUNSET RUBDOWN 'Random Spirit Lover'. Second record of Spencer Krug from Wolf Parade's side project. As wild and brilliant as the first album 'Shut Up I Am Dreaming'. Loving this right now. The first record is partly the inspiration for me and Garret's Listen…Tanks project.
MySpace.com - sunset rubdown - Quebec - Indie / Indie / Indie - www.myspace.com/justchoke

WOLF PARADE 'At Mount Zoomer'. Seeing we're talking about Mr. Krug may as well mention his regular gig too. Another amazing record although a departure from the last 'Apologies To The Queen Mary' record. Less wrapped in violent fuzz this time. Still stunning though.
MySpace.com - Wolf Parade - Montreal, QUEBEC - Indie / Experimental / Other - www.myspace.com/wolfparade

SIGUR ROS. The album, the naked video, the lot. Just a stunning piece of work all round. The scope and scale is breathtaking on it's own. The music achingly as beautiful and inspirational as they've ever made. The video…
YouTube - sigurros's Channel

REIGNS 'Styne Vallis'. Check out the lyrics on 'Wedding Of Weed And Dead Weed'. I was in tears by the last few verses. No link to this one unfortunately so only if you trust me then….

FANFARLO. This is very new to me. Garret played me them and I was instantly hooked. It's very hard not to fall in love them. Now you try and resist….
MySpace.com - Fanfarlo - London, UK - Alternative / Pop / Folk - www.myspace.com/fanfarlo

Haven't had the chance to get to the cinema recently so I've no movies to talk about. Very excited about Batman, Hellboy, Wall-E, Tropic Thunder, The Spirit, Where The Wild Things Are, Get Smart, Bond… oh it's gonna be a bumper summer of movies. Sweet.

Reading the new Iain Banks 'The Steep Approach To Garbadale' and very good it is too. His best in a while.

So I'll let you know when we're closer to the truth and give you some song titles and a few details of what to expect from the record in the next post. It's a hip hop jazz techno umpah odyssesy at present so I'll let you know if it changes any.
Peace to you all. Gary.x

Last edited:
I apologize U2Fanatic, and I know it's pointless for me to post negative thoughts in this thread but I just have to say it...

Both Keane and Snow Patrol bore me to tears.

Sorry, I'm leaving now.

ok jeez! so someone sue me for not putting snow patrol in the title. If everyone else is gonna complain I'll get a mod to fix it..:huh:

But I don't have your real name or address so I can sue you! :wink:

Please take no offense to my comment, I really wasn't complaining, just wanted to let you know there might be some confusion. :)

I apologize U2Fanatic, and I know it's pointless for me to post negative thoughts in this thread but I just have to say it...

Both Keane and Snow Patrol bore me to tears.

Sorry, I'm leaving now.

no biggie GAF... it was just getting a little frustrating after the second post..:shrug: but it's all fixed now thanks to sicy..:hug:

Wooo! Hopefully this is a far cry from Eyes Open, as catchy as it is. Not sure if I love the title, but hell even Viva La Vida grew on me (even after we learned the full thing). Release date please...

Wednesday, August 06, 2008

A HUNDRED MILLION SUNS

The band are in the final stages of finishing the fifth album, which as you may have heard last week has been christened 'A Hundred Million Suns'.

As we head towards the launch of the new album and the first new material since the 2006 album Eyes Open, we wanted to let you know about a very special event that is set to take place this coming Monday 11th August.

The band will be shooting a new video in Central London and we are looking for an 18-35 year old group of people to appear in a pub scene at night. This may be quite a late night (perhaps after midnight) so please take this into consideration when emailing us.

The roles we are looking for (which are the only acting roles in the video) are UNPAID but a lot of fun.

If your interested please email your NAME, a PHOTO OF YOURSELF, with your MOBILE NUMBER to...

snowpatrol@partizan.com

It's going to be an incredible looking video directed by Alex Courtes (Kasabian, U2, White Stripes), so if you'd like to be involved please get in touch ASAP.

Good Luck

The Eskimos

I am kinda freakin out with all this new material that means many tours next year...I am gonna be in the poor house and or living on the streets next year after all this.. It's just gonna be :crazy: trying to keep up with it all... oy vey mama!

um... you don't HAVE to go see EVERY tour, buy EVERY release, collect EVERY bit of memorablia etc. I'm honestly amazed how you can afford so many concerts! :crazy:

I'm somewhat looking forward to this. I loved Eyes Open at first and then thought it was too mellow compared to Final Straw. I like Final Straw more now but have to admit that the fucking radio killed Chasing Cars for me! :banghead: Die Radio Die! Sorry... anyway, hope this is good.

um... you don't HAVE to go see EVERY tour, buy EVERY release, collect EVERY bit of memorablia etc. I'm honestly amazed how you can afford so many concerts! :crazy:

:mad::angry::madwife:

If I enjoy their music and seeing them live then YES I will buy their new stuff and see them live once at least. I DON'T BUY all memorablia either.. I work and so does my hubby, going to concerts is our luxury if we can do it. We don't spend money on much else.. Why am I explaining all this to you..:huh:

nevermind...:|

I know i will be slagged big time for this,but snow patrol are the most boring band in the world ever. And if i hear that piece of crap chasing cars one more time i wil scream!:mad:

nice! i'm hoping it will be a little less poppy than their last effort though.

Can't wait for this. I really enjoyed the last album, despite it being more radio friendly than its predecesors.

Since I never listen to the radio, I never really suffered from Chasing Cars overkill, although I found myself skipping it a lot for other reasons. I listen to it again now, as it actually brings back more good thoughts than bad.

Back
Top Bottom