Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
~ Artistic integrity

Do you know what I remember of seeing Rush live? They had some video interlude of one of the band members talking like a pirate that lasted for 2 or 3 minutes. Sadly, they had 4 or 5 other ridiculous video moments just as cheesy scattered through out the concert. The entire show was possibly the most ridiculously cheesy embarrassment to live music I could have ever imagined. Were the band still "technically proficient"? Sure. Was it still the most horrific concert I have ever been to? Yes. Good thing the tickets were free.

:)

ohsnap.gif

Rush sit at the top of the mountain looking down on U2.

Did you just wake up a few days ago and lie in bed thinking, "You know, I think today I'm going to go to a U2 fan site and start a discussion force my opinion down their throats that Rush is so much better than U2." ?

And then next week are you going to wake up and lie in bed and think, "You know, I think today I'm going to go to a Beatles fan site and start a discussion force my opinion down their throats that Rush is so much better than Beatles." ?

Guys if I say the same thing over and over again is it fact or am I just being a jerk? Because honestly this thread makes me wonder

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

The ignorance is this thread is MIND-BLOWING.

Well thanks for that. Because we all know that the truth of the statement is inherent in the number of smilies used for emphasis. Good work, there.

Here's another fact for you: the band should have stuck with Jeff Jones way back when, because I've seen and heard him sing, and it's a damn sight easier on the ears than listening to the caterwauling of Geddy Lee is. How's that for a fact?

They had some video interlude of one of the band members talking like a pirate that lasted for 2 or 3 minutes. :)

How does that detract from their artistic integrity? :huh: All it means is that they have a sense of humor - which is something that clearly escapes you.

Did you just wake up a few days ago and lie in bed thinking, "You know, I think today I'm going to go to a U2 fan site and start a discussion force my opinion down their throats that Rush is so much better than U2." ?

And then next week are you going to wake up and lie in bed and think, "You know, I think today I'm going to go to a Beatles fan site and start a discussion force my opinion down their throats that Rush is so much better than Beatles." ?

Nope. Just stating a few FACTS. :wave:

How does that detract from their artistic integrity? :huh: All it means is that they have a sense of humor - which is something that clearly escapes you.

NOW I get it...

musicianship + sense of humor = THE winning combo

maybe Bono should dress up as a clown or something :hmm:

yes, this guy is right

RUSH RULES!

I mean... rock and roll + pirates = GOLD :love:

Yar be factually accurate, as usual.

Which renaissance fair is Rush playing at this week? I need to get some tickets.

Last edited:
Bono's a bit stocky, but at least he's not built like a 12-year-old girl. In that case, Bono wins.

Now, you're gettin' it.

They just finished a tour that grossed $65 million. So your implication that they're not popular is baseless and incredibly hilarious .:lol:

Twilight made more than that in its opening weekend, but that doesn't mean it's not a pile of shit either.

:lol::lol::lol:

It's sort of like how the sexy people flock to tribute band shows, the FACTUAL people flock to Rush shows.

Never mind song quality or anything like that, these are FACTS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom