Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hogwash. Rush arguably invented the progressive hard rock genre in the mid 70s. Not to mention Alex's innovative utilization of suspended chords/arpeggios, etc., etc.

I'm sorry but you don't even know the definition of 'FACT' and you use the word 'hogwash', this combined with the sneaking suspicion that you are indeed on Rush's PR team makes your opinion void. :shrug:

This thread still going? We could turn it into a Sugababes versus Girls Aloud thread...

Sugababes...but I do like Girls Aloud...all good pop music:love:

Technical proficiency is measured in a unit called moggios, guys.

For example:

ARPEGGIO CHORDS
Rush - 55 moggios
U2 - 12 moggios

SUSPENDED CHORDS
Rush - 45 moggios
U2 - 6 moggios

LIVE MUSIC SCALE
Rush - 46,183 moggios
U2 - 19 moggios

That's FACTUAL, thus, Rush rocks and U2 sucks.

What made me laugh was earlier in the thread where someone suggested that Edge couldn't play what Lifeson plays. Any good guitarist can mimic another good guitarist. Edge might not choose to play in that style, but it doesn't mean that he just picked up a guitar for the first time last week, and he's struggling to made a d chord. I'm sure he's proficient enough to play what Lifeson plays.

What made me laugh was earlier in the thread where someone suggested that Edge couldn't play what Lifeson plays. Any good guitarist can mimic another good guitarist. Edge might not choose to play in that style, but it doesn't mean that he just picked up a guitar for the first time last week, and he's struggling to made a d chord. I'm sure he's proficient enough to play what Lifeson plays.

PROFICIENCY
Lifeson - 88 moggios
Edge - 2 moggios

I'm sorry, you're wrong.

PROFICIENCY
Lifeson - 88 moggios
Edge - 2 moggios

I'm sorry, you're wrong.

I can never keep that fact vs opinion thing straight. Here's an example: if I said that Bono's mullet looks like a dead beaver, but that Geddy Lee's looks like a dead beaver that suffered from mange for the last 6 months of its life, what would that be again? Fact or opinion? Please clarify.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud::applaud:

The ignorance is this thread is MIND-BLOWING.

I can never keep that fact vs opinion thing straight. Here's an example: if I said that Bono's mullet looks like a dead beaver, but that Geddy Lee's looks like a dead beaver that suffered from mange for the last 6 months of its life, what would that be again? Fact or opinion? Please clarify.

Opinion.

I'm sorry but you don't even know the definition of 'FACT' and you use the word 'hogwash', this combined with the sneaking suspicion that you are indeed on Rush's PR team makes your opinion void. :shrug:

I'm sorry, but you must not have be reading what I have been writing? :hmm:

Let's recap, shall we:

Apart from U2 being more popular than Rush, Rush have EVERYTHING OF IMPORTANCE that U2 don't have anymore, or never did in the first place:

~ Artistic integrity
~ Vehemently refusing to "sell out"
~ Ultimate musicianship
~ Continually innovative/original compositions
~ Affordable prices (tix, merchandise, etc.)

Rush sit at the top of the mountain looking down on U2.

:wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom