Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's what impedes objectivity, and should be destroyed. Be a rebel like Lucifer and embrace objectivity like a soundscape of your lover's making.

There's so much awesome wrapped into those 2 sentences.

I did not know what Rush invented progressive rock. Usually, now I'm just spitballin' here, King Crimson and Yes are somewhat attributed to that.

We'll have to wait to have Moggio tell us.

ANY Rush fan would know that, LeMac.

DAMMIT. Too bad I'd rather listen to Kate Bush than Rush.

About 5 minutes of the 20-minute 2112 Medley is rather cool. Other than that, I can't think of anything by Rush that I would voluntarily listen to these days, nor claim to be anything innovative.

If Rush invented progressive rock, they should have been imprisoned in Axver's backyard.

DAMMIT. Too bad I'd rather listen to Kate Bush than Rush.

The list of artists I would rather listen to than Rush would go on for pages. A better Rush comparison thread would be, "Who's music makes you want to die more, Rush or Creed?"

The list of artists I would rather listen to than Rush would go on for pages. A better Rush comparison thread would be, "Who's music makes you want to die more, Rush or Creed?"

One claims to take you higher and the other sings about spirits in radios... somehow, both manage to suck beyond measure.

Asshole-off, right now: Geddy Lee or Scott Stapp?

Stapp. No question. Even if Lee is a colossal asshole (and I'm not necessarily saying he's not... :shifty: ), Stapp automatically wins any asshole-off he's entered in.

Hogwash. Rush arguably invented the progressive hard rock genre in the mid 70s. Not to mention Alex's innovative utilization of suspended chords/arpeggios, etc., etc.

Dude. You lost all credibility with that one. Not that you had any in the first place, but still.

I've seen Rush. The show wasn't particularly memorable. It occupies the space in my mind reserved for bland concert performances I've attended. It's a pretty small space, but still, they're firmly in it.

Stapp. No question. Even if Lee is a colossal asshole (and I'm not necessarily saying he's not... :shifty: ), Stapp automatically wins any asshole-off he's entered in.

He's the Ivan Drago to Geddy's washed-up Apollo Creed, it seems like.

Do you know what I remember of seeing Rush live? They had some video interlude of one of the band members talking like a pirate that lasted for 2 or 3 minutes. Sadly, they had 4 or 5 other ridiculous video moments just as cheesy scattered through out the concert. The entire show was possibly the most ridiculously cheesy embarrassment to live music I could have ever imagined. Were the band still "technically proficient"? Sure. Was it still the most horrific concert I have ever been to? Yes. Good thing the tickets were free.

Dude. You lost all credibility with that one. Not that you had any in the first place, but still.

Then who invented progressive HARD ROCK? Because King Crimson and Yes are not progressive HARD ROCK - they're progressive rock.

Were you dating any of the technically proficient members of the band?

No, but...I actually have a fairly freaky related story. Something I just found out about in the past 6 months or so.

About 10 yrs ago, we were at a Hard Rock in Toronto, and this marginally known regional band was playing there. During a break, a guy from the band hit on me. In a nice way, not obnoxiously or anything. I wasn't really interested but we did talk for a while, he was a nice guy, and then we had to leave. A few months later, the same band played in my city, and I went to see them. Talked to the guy again, he remembered me. Again, nothing happened.

I read something about that band recording a new album recently, so I looked them up. I wasn't even aware they were still together, and I was surprised to hear that they were. I also looked up the guy's bio. Turns out that when Rush formed at the very beginning, he was their bassist. No shit. I was a little surprised to hear that.

Then who invented progressive HARD ROCK? Because King Crimson and Yes are not progressive HARD ROCK - they're progressive rock.

You might want to listen to 21st Century Schizoid Man or, hell, the entire Red album.

Yes are wuss prog, but King Crimson sure had a harder side.

Have you ever been to ATLANTA, GERMANY? :eyebrow: It's a nice place, but I suppose that now that we're in a RECESSION, it would be so-ooooo hard to come up with the money to get there. Unless your FAILING company paid your way, of course.

Then who invented progressive HARD ROCK?

Young-Frankenstein-bh02.jpg

:laugh:

You might want to listen to 21st Century Schizoid Man or, hell, the entire Red album.

Yes are wuss prog, but King Crimson sure had a harder side.

Shhh, that contradicts his entire argument.

Here's an entire Wiki page on Progressive Hard Rock:

progressive hard rock - Search results - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Have you ever been to ATLANTA, GERMANY? :eyebrow: It's a nice place, but I suppose that now that we're in a RECESSION, it would be so-ooooo hard to come up with the money to get there. Unless your FAILING company paid your way, of course.

She's insane, but she totally called the state of the US Economy before CNN, MSNBC, or even Fox News did.

Are the crazy also prophetic, or are prophets just crazy?

That's a philosophical question that will be debated on Interference for years to come.

When Nostracrazyass makes another prediction, all I know is that I will be the first one soaking it in and taking it to my bleeding liberal heart.

I would say, however, that the crazy are also transgendered people.

Red rocks harder than 2112, Rush's most prog moment.

This is your OPINION.

Get it straight, ass.

Have you actually listened to Red? Like, one time? Because I've listened to both albums, several times, and One More Red Nightmare is heavier than anything on 2112.

Not that I expect you to agree with me on this, as absolutely no one has agreed with you since you started posting in this thread.

Have you actually listened to Red? Like, one time? Because I've listened to both albums, several times, and One More Red Nightmare is heavier than anything on 2112.

Not that I expect you to agree with me on this, as absolutely no one has agreed with you since you started posting in this thread.

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom