Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZZ_Top_.jpg

i thought they broke up in the late 70's for a while

but yeah, i guess thats 2 bands that have u2 beat as being around the longest with all the same members :wink:

Thanks. You seem to be one of the very few knowledgeable and objective music fans on this forum that can admit that.

You might get better responses from people if you didn't come in here and saying something that pretty much comes across like this:

"All right, listen, you turkeys! Rush is the greatest band ever! U2 are sellouts and utter crap! My opinion is fact!"

You also might want to consider that some of the people who disagree with you a) have heard Rush; b) acknowledge their technical prowess and mad musical skillz; c) and STILL DON'T LIKE THEM ANYWAY.

Just because someone doesn't like Rush on this site doesn't make them some sort of drooling, whiny fanboy/girl.

I'd never heard of Rush till I came to this forum. I've never heard a song of theirs and not one of my friends has ever spoken of them. Don't think this thread is making me rush off to listen to em either....

I can distinctly recall a thread in which about 90% of the posters agreed that Bono was a better singer than Freddie Mercury...

the showMANship thread... that was GOLD :love:

No, you couldn't. Why? Because, technically speaking, at least, Geddy Lee is a better bassist than Adam Clayton. Alex Lifeson is a better guitarist than The Edge. And Neil Peart is a better drummer than Larry Mullen Jr. BY A MILE. This is not debatable.

That's what I meant by "ultimate musicianship."

I want your input in a new thread I'll make...

RUSH vs MOZART

let's see who is/are the "ultimate musicians"

U2 may have had a giant lemon, but Rush had real chicken cooking on stage.

Rush wins hands down, most innovative band ever:

YouTube - RUSH IN WINNIPEG. MAY 24th, 2008 - Spirit of radio crowdclap

Like I said before, Rush as far as technical musicians wins hands down, but there's much more to music than musicianship. But unfortunately the rest is all subjective. So all of this "it's a fact" crap is just BS.

When I was younger I was a fan, now I can barely stand to hear Geddy's voice. The one thing I never quite understood was how many try and label Rush as this incredibly "innovative" band, they weren't. Yes they tried a lot of different things, but most of it was in step with their contemporaries at the time(except the chicken thing, but that was just stupid).

did i mention that geddy lee can't sing? i don't know what that noise is, but that's not singing.

and their songs are hysterical. what's one of their first singles called again... in the mood? heavens to betsy, guys.
if you want to scar children, print out the lyrics and a picture of geddy along with the song in the background. they'll be able to laugh off 'hostel' straight after.

YouTube - Rush - In the Mood

geddy-lee.jpg

Aw, hey now, baby,
Well, I like your smile
Wont you come and talk to me
For a little while

Well, youre makin me crazy
The way you roll them eyes
Wont you come and sit with me
Ill tell you all my lies

Hey baby, its a quarter to eight
I feel Im in the mood
Hey baby, the hour is late
I feel Ive got to move

Well, hey now, baby
Dont you talk so fast
Im just tryn to make these good times,
Im tryn to make it last

Evrythings getting hazy
Now honey, whered you go?
I just want to find out, baby
Whered you learn what you know?

I feel Im in the mood
I feel Ive got to move

Well, hey now, baby
Said, I like your style
You really got me, baby
Way down deep inside

Oo, you drive me crazy
Baby, youre the one
I just want to rock-and-roll you woman
Until the night is gone

I feel Im in the mood
I feel Ive got to move

------------
geddy-lee.jpg

HONEST.LAAAAY. this is obscene.

they are the only band i know of that has u2 beat as being around the longest without any lineup changes, breakups, etc.

Difference is...u2 have done it from (for the most part) the VERY top of the sucsess tree. Rush have never been subjected to the same fame or pressure that U2 have.

Lets face facts, save for about a handfull of people....no one on this site gives a shit about Rush!

Difference is...u2 have done it from (for the most part) the VERY top of the sucsess tree. Rush have never been subjected to the same fame or pressure that U2 have.

Lets face facts, save for about a handfull of people....no one on this site gives a shit about Rush!

this last comment is FTW. Thank u. Sums it up exactly.

^ :yikes: he is one scary dude.. what's that on top of his head? a beaver?

I was just paddling along in my canoe, when I noticed this thread on my iPhone. To answer the question, yes, it IS a beaver--a fine Canadian beaver, thank-you very much, and his name is Herman. :angry: He's been living there since '72.

Sure, those lyrics Zoomerang posted above seem frightfully close to the early seeds of Nickelback, but they've evolved enough to produce some okay tunes. Dreamline comes to mind. I've never seen them live, so I can't compare them to U2. Word on the street, however, is that they've got enough firepower to blow the sweater-vests off the stuffiest of prime ministers...high praise. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom