Ok, Rush vs U2 LIVE - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Just the Bang and the Clatter
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #46
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moggio View Post
This...

This thread is very silly. But let's take it one step further. Because apart from U2 being more popular than Rush, Rush have EVERYTHING OF IMPORTANCE that U2 don't have anymore, or never did in the first place:

~ Artistic integrity
~ Vehemently refusing to "sell out"
~ Ultimate musicianship
~ Continually innovative/original & excellent compositions
~ Affordable prices (tix, merchandise, etc,)

HELLO... what planet are you on or rather what are you smokin cuz maybe I need some... go look up what opinion and what is fact will ya... cuz apparently you haven't the faintest clue.

Dude go take ur outlandish non-facts somewhere else..

and for the record U2 never claim to be ultimate or even great musicians (this does not make a great live performance btw it's the whole package, impact, vibe etc that does this), this is totally subjective in regards to who is the ultimate musician cuz everyone is going to have a different OPINION of who is the best.

Old 11-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #47
War Child

Local Time: 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
You'll find people will disagree with you on the "ultimate musicianship" bit.
Then they're delusional. It's that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonGirl View Post
The quality of musical composition is also a subjective matter. You cannot prove musical excellency.
I know that. But I'm talking about continually innovative & original compositions - something U2 stopped churning out after the 90s...

Old 11-23-2008, 05:20 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Geddy's vocals haven't "declined" at all. He sings Limelight fine. And he doesn't slur his words.

Bono, on the other hand, should stick to what he knows best...pretending to still be sincere, dying his hair and acting like he's the same talent he once was. And let's see him sing, Red Hill Mining Town or Acrobat. Not going to happen...
Dude...you are out of your mind...just think about this for a second:

On the Joshua Tree Tour, when Red Hill Mining Town had just been released, Bono didn't feel comfortable singing it....that was over 20 years ago...Bono has better chances pulling it off nowadays than he ever has...I mean it was pretty much impossible for him to generate that sorta power on ZooTV tour, especially popmart and elevation, and then it was very unlikely on the vertigo tour despite his improvements....and just based on the most recent performances, he seems more capable now than he has been the past 20 years....so that's just a reeeally shitty argument and doesn't make much sense.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:25 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Then they're delusional. It's that simple.

i could say the same about you in this regard.. and this is what we like to call an opinion. There you learned something new today.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:28 PM   #50
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob33 View Post
Dude...you are out of your mind...just think about this for a second:

On the Joshua Tree Tour, when Red Hill Mining Town had just been released, Bono didn't feel comfortable singing it....that was over 20 years ago...Bono has better chances pulling it off nowadays than he ever has...I mean it was pretty much impossible for him to generate that sorta power on ZooTV tour, especially popmart and elevation, and then it was very unlikely on the vertigo tour despite his improvements....and just based on the most recent performances, he seems more capable now than he has been the past 20 years....so that's just a reeeally shitty argument and doesn't make much sense.
Wow! That's probably the best excuse for Bono's lack of vocal strength I've ever heard! Congrats!
Old 11-23-2008, 05:29 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
This thread is very silly. But let's take it one step further. Because apart from U2 being more popular than Rush, Rush have EVERYTHING OF IMPORTANCE that U2 don't have anymore, or never did in the first place:

~ Artistic integrity
~ Vehemently refusing to "sell out"
~ Ultimate musicianship
~ Continually innovative/original & excellent compositions
~ Affordable prices (tix, merchandise, etc,)

Rush sit at the top of the mountain looking down on U2.
ok, NOTHING you said right there is fact, not one thing!!! That is simply your view on things...
Old 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #52
New Yorker

Local Time: 04:48 AM
Are all Rush fans heads up their asses? I dont like their music, and if their fanbase is anything like the ones on here, spouting their pish, well, its one more reason not to like em.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:30 PM   #53
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post
i could say the same about you in this regard.. and this is what we like to call an opinion. There you learned something new today.
No, you couldn't. Why? Because, technically speaking, at least, Geddy Lee is a better bassist than Adam Clayton. Alex Lifeson is a better guitarist than The Edge. And Neil Peart is a better drummer than Larry Mullen Jr. BY A MILE. This is not debatable.

That's what I meant by "ultimate musicianship."
Old 11-23-2008, 05:33 PM   #54
War Child

Quote:
ok, NOTHING you said right there is fact, not one thing!!! That is simply your view on things...
Yes it is.

Because U2 are TOTAL "sell outs", do not make innovative/original music anymore, do not have affordable prices anymore, are not better musicians than Rush are...and hence do not have artistic integrity anymore.

Get it?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #55
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Wow! That's probably the best excuse for Bono's lack of vocal strength I've ever heard! Congrats!

obviously you forgot what you were talking about...you were saying that Bono pretends to have the voice he once had, and that he has been declining for years now, way past his prime....and you used the fact that Bono hasn't sung RHMT to support that argument...I was just letting you know that U2 have NEVER performed it before, so it makes to say "look, he can't sing that song anymore! Bono's washed up and pretends to have the talent he once had!" is ridiculous....
Old 11-23-2008, 05:36 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
No, you couldn't. Why? Because, technically speaking, at least, Geddy is a better bassist than Adam Clayton. Alex Lifeson is a better guitarist than The Edge. And Neil is a better drummer than Larry Mullen Jr. BY A MILE. This is not debatable.

That's what I meant by "ultimate musicianship."

this is your opinion not fact can you friggin understand that? or not.

I posted previously that none of the guys (u2) claim to be great musicians (and as fans we tend to agree) what part of this do you not understand?

Ultimate musicians do not necessarily make a great live act/performance that is what this thread is about in case you forgot. Read my posts will ya before just keep repeating over and over what your opinion of how great Rush is.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:46 PM   #57
War Child

Quote:
obviously you forgot what you were talking about...you were saying that Bono pretends to have the voice he once had, and that he has been declining for years now, way past his prime....and you used the fact that Bono hasn't sung RHMT to support that argument...I was just letting you know that U2 have NEVER performed it before, so it makes to say "look, he can't sing that song anymore! Bono's washed up and pretends to have the talent he once had!" is ridiculous....
I never said "Bono pretends to have the voice he once had". And the reason U2 don't play Red Hill Mining Town is because Bono CAN'T sing it well enough live.

That's just one example.

Get it?
Old 11-23-2008, 05:47 PM   #58
War Child

Quote:
this is your opinion not fact can you friggin understand that? or not.
It's not my opinion. It's a FACT.

Can you friggin' understand that, or not?

Quote:
Ultimate musicians do not necessarily make a great live act
I never said they did.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:49 PM   #59
Blue Crack Distributor

This is the most annoying thread I've seen in a long time.

And that's really saying something around here.
Old 11-23-2008, 05:52 PM   #60
War Child

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
This is the most annoying thread I've seen in a long time.

And that's really saying something around here.
What a pointless post.

Tags
rush, u2