Ok, B&Cers. Help. Glam Rock albums.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
David Bowie in the early '70s is a must (Ziggy Stardust, Man Who Sold the World, Aladdin Sane)

Same with T. Rex's Electric Warrior

David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars
Lou Reed - Transformer

And wouldn't some of Elton John's 70's work be classified as glam?

There's also the New York Dolls but I can't remember any of the names of their albums.

Sweet's Desolation Boulevard is a fun listen, and of course, you need some Gary Glitter.

Bowie did glam rock on The Man Who Sold the World, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars, Aladdin Sane, and Diamond Dogs. I recommend those as first tier, especially the latter three.

1. Bowie: Ziggy Stardust.., T. Rex: The Slider
2. T. Rex: Electric Warrior
3. Suede (or The London Suede): Dog Man Star or the self-titled debut (Suede). or the more recent album from Brett and Bernard - The Tears (Here Come The Tears)

i'm not gonna say anything about Bowie and T. Rex that hasn't been said, so i'll spend my words on Suede - absolutely fantastic, electrifying pop music. fiery, aggressive, passionate (i hate that word), terrifying guitar playing with over the top vocals and a beyond solid, well 'in-the-pocket' rhythm section. smart use of effects. brilliant stuff. if you can't hear the glitz in tunes like "The Wild Ones" or "We Are the Pigs" or "Lovers" or "Two Creatures". it always was Ziggy meets the Smiths. and that's no bad thing.. you're not gonna find better torch-bearers for glam than messrs Anderson and Butler, whatever they do...

i'm not gonna say anything about Bowie and T. Rex that hasn't been said, so i'll spend my words on Suede - absolutely fantastic, electrifying pop music. fiery, aggressive, passionate (i hate that word), terrifying guitar playing with over the top vocals and a beyond solid, well 'in-the-pocket' rhythm section. smart use of effects. brilliant stuff. if you can't hear the glitz in tunes like "The Wild Ones" or "We Are the Pigs" or "Lovers" or "Two Creatures". it always was Ziggy meets the Smiths. and that's no bad thing.. you're not gonna find better torch-bearers for glam than messrs Anderson and Butler, whatever they do...

Brilliantly put. Both of those records are killer. The debut is metallic and frequently catchy, while Dog Man Star sounds like a smack party at the end of the world.

Back
Top Bottom