Official Coachella Lineup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
everyone's forgetting fucking duran duran. seriously excited for them that they managed to do coachella. i've seen them before at a festival and as always, they put on a fantastic show. really wish i could go to it.

I immediately thought of you when I read that. I would love to see them, never have.

i was considering driving 1,700 km, two states north, from where i live to attend a festival. the ticket alone was $450, and i would have spent at the very least $1000. that was for this lineup:

The Strokes, Pixies, Ben Harper and Relentless7, The Temper Trap, Mumford and Sons, Florence and The Machine, Scissor Sisters, Empire of The Sun, Band of Horses, Goldfrapp, Richard Ashcroft and The United Nations of Sound, Grizzly Bear, LCD Soundsystem, Angus and Julia Stone, Hot Chip, Wolfmother, Passion Pit, Midnight Juggernauts, Jonsi (Sigur Ros), Paul Kelly, Laura Marling, Lisa Mitchell, Midlake, The Vines, Miike Snow, Kate Nash, Black Rebel Motorcycle Club, Broken Social Scene, Tame Impala, The Magic Numbers, K-OS, Operator Please, Bluejuice, Little Red, Ash, Sally Seltmann, Whitley, Yeasayer, Miami Horror, Delphic, We Are Scientists, Foals, Alberta Cross, Surfer Blood, Space Invadas, British India, Washington, Philadelphia Grand Jury, Clare Bowditch, Band of Skulls, Two Door Cinema Club, The Drums, Art Vs Science, The Mess Hall, Violent Soho, School of Seven Bells, Fat Freddy’s Drop, Last Dinosaurs, John Steel Singers, Yacht Club DJs, Jonathan Boulet, Dan Sultan, Oh Mercy, Cloud Control, Boy and Bear, Ernest Ellis, Tijuana Cartel, Frightened Rabbit, The Joy Formidable, Skipping Girl Vinegar, Gypsy and The Cat, Money For Rope, JaC Stone, Zennith, Tim and Jean, Bag Raiders, Van She Tech, Anna Lunoe, Kid Kenobi, Yolanda Be Cool, The Only, Purple Sneakers DJs, Miami Horror DJs, Graz, Levins, Aniki, Audun, Baby Gee, Balance, Collapsicon, Dan Jupiter, Ghettafunkt, Hazard, iCON, JD, Keystone, M_Phonik, Magu, Marcotix, Multiverse, nAM-sHUB oF eNKI, Nancy Boyz, Noel Boogie, Paul Abad, Pip, Sally Allsorts, Sampology (DJ set), Silver Sneakerz, Sketi, Steve Starz, Vman n Cruz, Vortex

so it breaks my heart to see the lineups & ticket prices for Lolla and Coachella each year.

I immediately thought of you when I read that. I would love to see them, never have.
:shocked: you should see them! surely they'll hit up elsewhere in san fran :wink:

and wow danny, was that splendour in the grass? i so wanted to see scissor sisters when they were in oz last year but i was totally broke at the time. then i went to sydney like a month later. uahuehuhsurarrrgf.

speaking of festivals, i wish the big day out lineup was as awesome acceptable as last year. if it was i'd probably already be pre-gaming, instead of playing madden and waiting for an acceptable bedtime.

I got my ticket for Coachella in the pre-sale! Wooo Hooo! I'm SO EXCITED! :hyper:

I've done Coachella before, but only a one-day, single ticket. This will be the first time I do the whole weekend (well, it used to be 2 days Sat & Sun, but now it's 3, Fri, Sat, and Sun). It's going to be off-the hook FUN!!! :D

KhanadaRhodes said:
everyone's forgetting fucking duran duran. seriously excited for them that they managed to do coachella. i've seen them before at a festival and as always, they put on a fantastic show. really wish i could go to it.

I took my mom to see them on her birthday about 2 years ago and I was shocked how good they still sound. Kanye, the strokes, Duran Duran & jimmy eat world...night 3 is definitely my choice. I'm so mad they decided to stick with selling 3day passes only. :madwife:

I took my mom to see them on her birthday about 2 years ago and I was shocked how good they still sound. Kanye, the strokes, Duran Duran & jimmy eat world...night 3 is definitely my choice. I'm so mad they decided to stick with selling 3day passes only. :madwife:

Vasthy please go :bow:

I got my ticket for Coachella in the pre-sale! Wooo Hooo! I'm SO EXCITED! :hyper:

I've done Coachella before, but only a one-day, single ticket. This will be the first time I do the whole weekend (well, it used to be 2 days Sat & Sun, but now it's 3, Fri, Sat, and Sun). It's going to be off-the hook FUN!!! :D

Tell Kele I said hi, as I have a feeling you're going to see him. Call it a hunch.

:D

Tell Kele I said hi, as I have a feeling you're going to see him. Call it a hunch.

:D

I will probably go see him, but I'm a little irritated with him as I sense that he and his over-inflated ego are the reason B.P. went on hiatus and also the reason that Matt almost left the band. So while I still like him and will likely see his Coachella set if I can, I will do so slightly begrudgingly! :lol:

vpqLd.jpg

Man, I can't wait to hear an extended version of With Arms Wide Open when Creed play on Day 3. It'll be brotastic.

um...big audio dynamite being on day 2? not only that, but in the second-largest font size.

look, i loved the first album. i'm kind of upset that i no longer have a functioning tape player in order to listen to my copy. there was one song on megatop phoenix that i really enjoyed. but i was pretty sure that all subsequent albums were considered massive failures that even i couldn't get my rabid any-band-involving-anyone-clash-related self to get behind* (hell, i even have a copy of the havana 3am album), and that the band was no more, and by all likely assumptions any kind of a reunion wouldn't mean anything to anyone. i mean, i had to allmusic and wiki this shit because i was pretty confused. and still am, truthfully.

i found
In April 2010, Don Letts revealed to Billboard.com that he and Mick Jones broached the idea of a Big Audio Dynamite reunion, which will likely happen in 2011. He explained, "I could lie to you and say 'Not in a million years,' but...if Mick wasn't tied up with Gorillaz it might happen this year. (Jones) has looked at me and said, 'Maybe next year,' but who knows. I've got to admit that in the past I'm not a great one for reformations; I always think if you're lucky in life, you get a window of opportunity, use it to the best of your ability and then fuck off and let someone else have their turn. But here I am 25 years down the line considering the thing." Besides a Big Audio Dynamite reunion, Letts says he's also hopeful for more Legacy Editions of the group's albums after finding more unreleased material—including live recordings—in the vaults. "There's definitely more stuff; whether Sony thinks it's worthwhile, that's another matter. But there seems to be a lot of respect for Big Audio Dynamite. Time has shown that a lot of the things we were dabbling in back then have come to manifest themselves today...so hopefully we'll get to do some more."[1] Big Audio Dynamite has since been confirmed for the 2011 Coachella Arts and Music festival . [1]

wtf?

i could be pretty far off the mark on this. from what allmusic listed, i never even got as far into the discography as some of the albums and songs that actually had some measure of success chart-wise. plus there's my general lack of knowledge when it comes to the 80s.

*for some reason, i also feel the need to mention cut the crap in this post. i know i've probably come off as bad as oasis kid with the joe strummer worship at times, but i still know no one's perfect. i never had the mick jones backlash that a lot of people who wrote stuff i've read went through. i read this book once that was pretty fucking ridiculous. i wonder if i still have it...i'm pretty sure i tossed it, it was crap. but back to the album which no one (and rightly so) ever includes as the clash, with the exception of "this is england," that album should never, ever have come into existence.

Back
Top Bottom