OASIS SPLIT - Its Over - OFFICIAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MadForIt

Refugee
BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Noel Gallagher "quitting Oasis"

Noel Gallagher Quits Oasis With “Great Relief” : Rolling Stone : Rock and Roll Daily

Noel Gallagher has announced he is to leave Oasis.
In a message on the band's website, the guitarist and songwriter said: "It's with some sadness and great relief to tell you that I quit Oasis tonight. People will write and say what they like but I simply could not go on working with Liam a day longer. Apologies to all the people who bought tickets to the shows in Paris Konstanz and Milan."

The news comes after the band cancelled their second big festival show in the space of a week.
They were due to play tonight at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris. However, according to reports Noel and Liam were involved in a fight backstage minutes before they were scheduled to go on stage.
Last weekend Oasis pulled out of the V festival, with Liam reportedly suffering from viral laryngitis.
Noel's announcement follows months of speculation that the band might be splitting.
In an NME interview last week, Liam admitted that the pair weren't currently speaking, saying: "It takes more than blood to be my brother."

I KNOW YOUR ALL HAPPY

I'm gutted

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

Gus%2BJohnson.gif

It's breakup time in MANCHESTER! HA HA! Rock music!

Awww :( I'm feeling pretty nostalgic right now. I've not been much of a fan lately or listened to their new stuff, but Oasis will always be something special to me. I don't even know how many times I saw them live or how much memorabilia I've collected over the years, but it's, umm, a lot.

I always knew it would be the Gallaghers that would implode :tsk: I had no idea their relationship was that strained lately. Also, are we sure this is actually it? There have been many break-up scares over the years :wink:

Without getting too personal, OASIS is more than the music
They changed my life
As BONO said, U2 and OASIS do joy like no one else
Their uplifting tunes helped so much

I'm so sad right now
Wont sleep now

It's OK to be a douche bag as long as you make good music. So, Oasis was cool with me right up until about 1996. Then for thirteen years they've just been douche bags who also suck as musicians. And that I don't like.

Me, Imperor, Kool, and the Gang will be celebrating tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom