OASIS SPLIT - Its Over - OFFICIAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like some of their music, but I hate these guys, seriously. All the drama is more important than the music? For all I care, they can both fuck off. I hate it when bands are so full of themselves that they don't care for their music anymore, but only for themselves. I'm so sick of hearing and reading about these arrogant egomaniacs.

You know, I'll give you that these guys can be jerks and have an abrasive way of getting their points across, but that's just who they are and where they come from. Ultimately, so many people don't get them or the fact that half the smack they talk is just their sense of humour. Also, if you listened to a really good sit-down interview with Noel, you'd see he's clever and insightful as hell when it comes to many things, especially music. But again, they're abrasive, so most people just don't see past that. Shame.

I also scoff at the idea that they only had a couple good "sing-a-long" tunes. They had more clunkers than not lately, but they had many absolute classics too.

Good times, Oasis. Thanks :up:

:D

Nicely put Kafrun. :up:

I'm bemused by all the posts from people who've come in this thread to dance on Oasis's grave. Kind of get the feeling the day U2 call it quits (and they will, one day) the same people will scream blue murder at anyone who behaves similarly :shrug:

Nicely put Kafrun. :up:

I'm bemused by all the posts from people who've come in this thread to dance on Oasis's grave. Kind of get the feeling the day U2 call it quits (and they will, one day) the same people will scream blue murder at anyone who behaves similarly :shrug:

They might. They likely will.

But I think people forget that this is first and foremost a U2 fan site. It's not an Oasis site. If I were on an Oasis site and U2 folded, I'd expect a mixed reaction. :shrug:

They might. They likely will.

But I think people forget that this is first and foremost a U2 fan site. It's not an Oasis site. If I were on an Oasis site and U2 folded, I'd expect a mixed reaction. :shrug:

I won't. I'm getting closer to the feeling The Cock! too maybe should have called it a day an album or two back.

I won't. I'm getting closer to the feeling The Cock! too maybe should have called it a day an album or two back.

And that's fair. But you're in the minority here, which you need not be told.

Either way, to expect nobody to be pleased that Oasis broke up on a site not dedicated to Oasis seems shortsighted.

But what the hell do I know, Sir Lancenot? Not much. Not much AT ALL.

It's a mystery:

045.jpg

I'm rather sorry to hear this, though as far as band life cycles go Oasis probably reached the endless plateau (to steal an expression from some article I've read) some time ago.

It's a shame that I never got to see them live... had a chance twice and the bloody Ticketbastard crashed on both occasions :angry:

No disagreement there. There have been a gazillion "RIP insert-random-bandname-here" threads in B & C about bands I've never heard of, or don't care about. Just that I've not felt the need to post in them going "Yeehah!!!!" Thank non-specific God that they've broken up!!!!! :hyper: "

But I guess I'm abnormal like that....

If they weren't douche bags or they were still making good music, this would suck. But they've been douche bags since the start and haven't made a good album since Morning Glory.

This sucks. I liked DOYS. But yeah, Kaffy's right. They had a rough way of getting their point across. Sometimes I despise that, sometimes I love it. (Mostly, it kinda just pisses me off) Just make the fuckin' music without all the drama. Just because you're in a popular band, doesn't give you the right to act like a 6 year old.
I hated them, but absolutely loved their music.

The song Who Feels Love is just :drool:

If Oasis hasn't made a good album since Morning Glory, U2 hasn't made a good album since The Joshua Tree. :shrug:

Oasis is one of my favorite bands, but I can't stand their loutish behavior. They could have been HUGE in the States but totally blew it. Granted, they had a great career without being a US favorite, but I look at Coldplay's success here and think, that could have been Oasis if they hadn't been so poorly behaved.
The older you get, the less tolerance you have for such shenanigans. I know that's why I feel this way.
Nevertheless, Oasis leaves behind a fantastic back catalogue, and I will always enjoy listening to them.

I know i'm making excuses for their chav behaviour but NOEL and LIAM are products of their childhood. All the violence and antagonism between the brothers stems from their childhood problems. Their dad used to beat the crap out of them, noel was dyslexic and got kicked out of school. They have seen violence from such a young age that its probably the norm for them. Coming from such a shit background is why Oasis mean so much to so many folks. They are normal guys who made it to the top. Noel is a genius. A normal guy. They are not arrogant, they just have a lot of self belief. Its inspiring. I love their attitude.

For me my top 3 tunes are

3. Do You Know What I Mean
2. Half the World Away

and #1

YouTube - Oasis Whatever

:sad:

I thought Morning Glory was a decent album though already a tad boring due to too much of the same

as Noel and Liam obviously haven't gotten along for ages I reckon this break doesn't shock anyone, esp their fans

Also, if you listened to a really good sit-down interview with Noel, you'd see he's clever and insightful as hell when it comes to many things, especially music. But again, they're abrasive, so most people just don't see past that. Shame.
just because Noel isn't half the git he likes to make himself out to be that doesn't make him clever and insightful either
otherwise half this planet would be filled with utter geniuses in comparison

I never did listen to DOYS, I liked Don't Believe the Truth, liked not loved. It was a good album, but stuff like the Shock of the Lightning sounded very meh so I never got around to listening to the album.

Have you actually listened to these albums? I'm guessing no.

Listening to DOYS again right now. It's slightly experimental, mostly in the elaborate production, but the songs all pretty much just sound like Oasis-by-numbers to me. They're fine and all, but the fact that this is one of their more challenging albums is a testament to just how little they changed throughout their career. SOTSOG was about the only album that resembled a detour, and that one didn't have the quality songs to justify it.

Okay I'll put together a top 10 on the fly...

Some Might Say
Little By Little
Sunday Morning Call
Morning Glory
Don't Look Back In Anger
Live Forever
Guess God Thinks I'm Abel
The Turning
Who Feels Love?
Stand By Me

:drool::love::heart:

Live Forever
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Slide Away
Wonderwall
Hey Now!
Some Might Say
Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Talk Tonight
Who Feels Love

I like the early years :happy:

I thought of including either Talk Tonight or Rockin' Chair but just couldn't remove anything to fit them in. And contrary to popular opinion, I'm not such a huge fan of the Masterplan album. :shifty: I mean I like it but not as much as several other stellar album songs. Listened to the Masterplan yesterday again to see if my opinion had changed. Nope.

The Importance Of Being Idle and To Be Where There's Life (kicking sequel to Who Feels Love?) both almost made it. :drool:

Wonderwall
Live Forever
Champagne Supernova
Supersonic
Acquiesce
Cigarettes and Alcohol
Rock And Roll Star
All Around The World
Hello
Don't Look Back In Anger
She's Electric
Roll With It