OASIS SPLIT - Its Over - OFFICIAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My top ten

1. Live Forever
2. Little by Little
3. Slide Away
4. Part of the Queue
5. Acquiesce
6. Champagne Supernova
7. Rocking Chair
8. The Masterplan
9. Hello
10. Supersonic

just because Noel isn't half the git he likes to make himself out to be that doesn't make him clever and insightful either
otherwise half this planet would be filled with utter geniuses in comparison
It certainly doesn't, but he is. I wouldn't say he's a genius either.

The people here that are saying how they are immature and acted like dicks or whatever, yes that was at the START of their career. Believe it or not, they did grow up. I think a few people are going by the "reputation" of Noel and Liam.

These guys were middle class, went from nothing to being huge in a matter of months. Success that fast would be a hard thing to handle and it would build up an ego.

You should check out some interviews with Noel and Liam on youtube, Noel is one of the funniest, smartest musicians out there.

I'm gonna post some of my favorite Oasis stuff here from Youtube:

lol ok this one Noel is coked off his mind but it is very funny:
YouTube - Noel Gallagher Australian Interview 1998

YouTube - Oasis-Some Might Say-live maine road 96

YouTube - Noel Gallagher's Best Bits - Part 1

YouTube - Noel Gallagher's Best Bits - Part 2

YouTube - Liam Gallagher's Best Bits - Part 1

YouTube - Liam Gallagher's Best Bits - Part 2

YouTube - OASIS Don't Look Back in Anger @ MTV Unplugged (sottotitoli ITA )

Also, Whatever is a great song, one of many overlooked gems from this band.

I'll admit, I never really got Oasis. I thought they had moments, but I never understood why they were so hailed. To me they were more or less as good as Stone Temple Pilots, which is to say, better than most, but not truly "great". I always chalked it up to being an "English thing." Though I don't think if you took their top 10 songs you'd be able to put together an album half as good as the first Stone Roses album, and maybe I'm wrong, but the Stone Roses were never put up on a pedestal like Oasis was.

Noel and Liam weren't middle class, they were of the lower class, coming from a broken family which makes their rise to the top more admirable. They weren't precious little arty-farty posh school kids like Chris Martin and Thom Yorke

Noel and Liam weren't middle class, they were of the lower class, coming from a broken family which makes their rise to the top more admirable. They weren't precious little arty-farty posh school kids like Chris Martin and Thom Yorke

Yeah, god forbid people go to school or something.

Oasis don't need no book learnin'!

The people here that are saying how they are immature and acted like dicks or whatever, yes that was at the START of their career. Believe it or not, they did grow up. I think a few people are going by the "reputation" of Noel and Liam.

For a period Liam did seem to be growing up a little, around the time of Standing and Heathen, he actually appeared to be maturing.

But since around the Don't Believe The Truth tour he seems to have reverted. I remember an interview he gave to Q Magazine which became pretty notorious afterwards. According to reports, this latest incident seems to have been sparked by his relentless drinking along with threatening crew members/band mates and even Noel's girlfriend.

NG's recent comments seem to lend some validity to all this.

Oasis wipe the floor with the stones roses. The Roses were good, but oasis so much better. Same with the Smiths who were OK at best.

Its impossible to pick an Oasis top 10 as 99% of Oasis songs are brilliant.

Oasis Classic Tunes

Supersonic
Slide Away
Live Forever
Cigarettes and Alcohol
Whatever
Some Might Say
Sad Song (Only on Japanese Version of Definitley Maybe)
Wonderwall
Dont Look Back in Anger
Cast No Shadow
Whats the Story Morning Glory
Champagne Supernova
Masterplan - (b side)
Half The World Away (b side)
Round Are Way (b side)
Do You Wanna BE a Spaceman (b side)
Take Me Away (b side)
Stay Young (b side)
Aquiesce (b side)
Going Nowhere (b side)
Rocking Chair (b side)
Do You Know What I Mean
Stand By Me
Dont Go Away
It Getting Better Man
Magic Pie
I got the Fever (b side)
Go Let It Out
Fucking in the Bushes
Lets All Make Believe (b side)
Just Getting Older (b side)
Sunday Morning Call
Full On (b side)
Carry Us All (b side)
Who Feels Love
Gas Panic
Where did All Go Wrong
Hindu times
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Shout it Out Loud (b side)
Little By Little
Thankyou For the Goodtimes (b side)
Idlers Dream (b side)
Listen Up (b side)
Lyla
The Importance of Being Idle
Songbird
Keep the Dream Alive
Guess God Thinks i'm Abel
Part of the Queue
Let there Be Love
A Bell Will Ring
I Believe in All (boxset only)
Cloudburst (b side)
Bag It Up
The Turning
Falling Down
The Shock of the Lightning
I'm Outta Time
To Be Where Theres Life

Just to name a few
These are all 10/10

Yes, I agree, they matured and were able to stop fighting and arguing over petty thi--

Oh, wait, they just broke up because they didn't mature and weren't able to stop fighting and arguing over petty things. Never mind.

I'll admit, I never really got Oasis. I thought they had moments, but I never understood why they were so hailed. To me they were more or less as good as Stone Temple Pilots, which is to say, better than most, but not truly "great". I always chalked it up to being an "English thing." Though I don't think if you took their top 10 songs you'd be able to put together an album half as good as the first Stone Roses album, and maybe I'm wrong, but the Stone Roses were never put up on a pedestal like Oasis was.

The Stone Roses first album is better than anything Oasis ever did, you're absolutely right.

Oasis wipe the floor with the stones roses. The Roses were good, but oasis so much better. Same with the Smiths who were OK at best.

I learn something here every day. God bless this place. Who knew Oasis were so much better than The Smiths. Thank God for public forums like this to straighten out commonly-held myths.

Its impossible to pick an Oasis top 10 as 99% of Oasis songs are brilliant.

qfh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom