OASIS SPLIT - Its Over - OFFICIAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone that said Oasis sucked or do suck can fucking eat it.

You dont get it, you just fucking dont.

Yes Noel WAS Oasis, that was obvious. This news is still shit, one of the biggest bands of the 90's is dead. back in the mid 90's this band was BIGGER than U2, don't believe me? Try 2.5 million applying for tickets to the Knebworth shows.

The only good thing from this is Noel finally putting out his solo record.

Fuckers hating on Oasis, pathetic.

Didn't this happen like, at least two times before?

It's a soap opera with these guys even when they're over 40; I bet we'll see a huge money-making Oasis Reunion Tour in no time.

On the other hand, Noel Gallagher going solo is the best possible thing that could happen coming out of this band. We'll see.

I don't know what you've been smoking, but Noel stopped taking drugs about 10 years ago.

Read any interview with Noel and you'll realise he's a very grounded, intelligent bloke with yes, opinions, and not afraid to tell them. Very aware of what kind of life he grew up in and not ashamed of his ambition. And with a wicked sense of humour.

Liam is the one who was obviously dropped on his head as a baby....

Sorry, I don't smoke. :D

Yeah, I can sometimes get confused on who does what etc.

I like some of their music, but I hate these guys, seriously. All the drama is more important than the music? For all I care, they can both fuck off. I hate it when bands are so full of themselves that they don't care for their music anymore, but only for themselves. I'm so sick of hearing and reading about these arrogant egomaniacs.

Oasis%20(17).jpg
http://www.planetema.net/~mwiniarczyk/Photos/Oasis/images/Oasis (17).jpg

back in the mid 90's this band was BIGGER than U2, don't believe me? Try 2.5 million applying for tickets to the Knebworth shows.

Aye.....In the UK ONLY! They never got past an arena act in some bits of europe and made no impact in a lot of the westernised world.
U2 once were responsible for allegedly crashing the phone network for some ZOO Tv show in US when, according to the Phone company, there were something like 52 million attempted phone calls to get u2 tickets!

As far as Gallagher bros go...they are truly pathetic. really need to grow up instead of acting like a pair of prima donnas. Liam needs a good kicking!
Anyway, after the first 2-3 albums, they just sounded the same on every album. No great loss!

They'll be back, and any Liam Gallagher or Noel Gallagher solo albums which will inevitably be released will be quality.

So, let's just assume it is over for Oasis. What an unforgettable band. My first ever album purchase was an Oasis album, and is well worn, should really buy a new copy....

My top 10

1. Acquiesce
2. Who Feels Love?
3. Morning Glory
4. Supersonic
5. Wonderwall
6. Love Like A Bomb
7. Columbia
8. Champagne Supernova
9. Go Let It Out
10. Carry Us All

So many apologies.....and damn Liam really came good as a songwriter (Songbird, Ain't Got Nothin, Won't Let You Down)

Shame that in Oz, our music culture became anti-Oasis. Too "has-been", unhip, and British for the commercial networks, yet too big and not indie or Jack White enough for the community and "alternative" stations. So Oasis got lost in the middle, forgotten in Australia and given minimal publicity whatsoever. Still have one the more passionate fanbases going around though.

They'll be back, i'm 90% sure of that. Noel will get bored in about a years time (if that).

Can't beat sitting in the sunshine with a few beers listening to oasis :up:

Yeah they're definitely gonna be back.

Have you actually listened to these albums? I'm guessing no.

I have (i think) 6 of Oasis's albums, of which the forst 3 are the only ones i bother with. And I was probably into them before most people were aware of them, So i am well placed to comment :sexywink::up:

Although I'm quite a fan of Oasis, I don't think this is a great blow to music. Sure a new album every few years was always of interest, but you knew the glory days were long gone. They'd stopped being a relevant and creative force around about 97. They needed to change and develop their sound more, it would have pushed the band into new areas and given them a fresh shot in the arm.

I guess in the end though I always thought that a music scene with Oasis around was better than one without them.

Noel should have realised what Bono did after Lovetown; that the road they were on had reached its nartural end and they needed to go away and 'dream it all up again'.

Still, I have my doubts as to how permanent this will actually be.

Oasis thrived on the spark between the two brothers, Liam's yin to Noel's yang, they function most effectively as a unit. I'm not sure if anybody's all that crazy about seeing a solo effort from either. Liam Gallagher on his own doesn't really inspire me.

Give Noel a chance to cool off and Liam a chance to actually grow up. You never know, by the time he hits his forties, he may have matured enough to drop the facade of bravado he still feels the need to keep putting up and realised that relationships are far more important than image. I think he has to change as a person before a reunion becomes a possibility, but it'll no doubt happen, the band were too successful for it not to.

After all, forever's a long time isn't it?

I'm sad to see them go. Their output never quite lived up to the first 2 releases, but they were never horrible and always had at least a couple really solid tracks (I even like Be Here Now). I was a huge fan in the '90s though. I remember when I was in grade 9, I changed the home computer around so that instead of the typical Windows *bing* error sound, it was a wav file of Noel saying "Fookin' 'ell". Needless to say, my Dad didnt quite appreciate it the way I did and made me change it back.

i realize that there are all sorts of reasons to hate Oasis, but this news still saddens me. i enjoy all there albums.

wasn't very suprised about this- they've had a difficult relationship for years- and it certainly seems to have gotten worse over the last year- Noel was massively annoyed that Liam went off unannounced and got married, slap bang in the middle of sessions for DOYS- which ultimately compromised the album a bit, and they've been on tour for a year (which is never good for them)

I saw them at Wembley last month- there were 2 things that were very noticeable

- Noel didn't seem to be enjoying it at all (actually he looked bored for much of it)
- no chemistry at all between Noel & Liam- they didn't even look at each other

in recent interviews they've both said they don't get along and Noel already said he wanted to do some solo material...

still it's a shame though- they've done some good stuff over the years, DOYS was the best one since Morning Glory (or at least most of it was), even though the setlists are set in stone (people moan about U2 playing the same hits..) they were a great live band as well

Anyone that said Oasis sucked or do suck can fucking eat it.

You dont get it, you just fucking dont.

Yes Noel WAS Oasis, that was obvious. This news is still shit, one of the biggest bands of the 90's is dead. back in the mid 90's this band was BIGGER than U2, don't believe me? Try 2.5 million applying for tickets to the Knebworth shows.

The only good thing from this is Noel finally putting out his solo record.

Fuckers hating on Oasis, pathetic.

I laughed at this because it's funny.

:sad:

I'm officially sad and depressed.

Time to go listen to all their records from start to finish.

Live Forever.....

It really is the end

Dearly beloved, it is with a heavy heart and a sad face that I say this to you this morning.

As of last Friday the 28th August, I have been forced to leave the Manchester rock'n'roll pop group Oasis.

The details are not important and of too great a number to list. But I feel you have the right to know that the level of verbal and violent intimidation towards me, my family, friends and comrades has become intolerable. And the lack of support and understanding from my management and band mates has left me with no other option than to get me cape and seek pastures new.

I would like firstly to offer my apologies to them kids in Paris who'd paid money and waited all day to see us only to be let down AGAIN by the band. Apologies are probably not enough, I know, but I'm afraid it's all I've got.

While I'm on the subject, I'd like to say to the good people of V Festival that experienced the same thing. Again, I can only apologise - although I don't know why, it was nothing to do with me. I was match fit and ready to be brilliant. Alas, other people in the group weren't up to it.

In closing I would like to thank all the Oasis fans, all over the world. The last 18 years have been truly, truly amazing (and I hate that word, but today is the one time I'll deem it appropriate). A dream come true. I take with me glorious memories.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a family and a football team to indulge.

I'll see you somewhere down the road. It's been a fuckin' pleasure.

Thanks very much.

Goodbye.

NG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom