OASIS SPLIT - Its Over - OFFICIAL

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ZOOTS they played Cape Town and Joburg on this tour already
you missed it

When was this? I only got here 2 months back!

The greatest band ever is over

Now let's not get carried away, shall we?

It's OK to be a douche bag as long as you make good music. So, Oasis was cool with me right up until about 1996. Then for thirteen years they've just been douche bags who also suck as musicians. And that I don't like.

Me, Imperor, Kool, and the Gang will be celebrating tonight.

2005's Don't Believe The Truth and 2008's Dig Out Your Soul were both excellent.

ZOOTS
No band has ever meant more to me than OASIS
to me they are the greatest
thats all that matters

They were in SA in April

I only ever saw them once, on their first Aussie tour. Seeing a full Sydney Entertainment Centre sing to Wonderwall was bloody amazing. Bugger won't have the chance again :(

Some bands just don't have the proper chemistry to stay together... with Liam and Noel, it shows that this can happen even to brothers. Family businesses tend to be both detrimental to family and business. :shrug:

It's unfortunate, too... Oasis have a reasonable bit of talent.

Will the next Oasis album, without Noel, be a bigger trainwreck than Chinese Democracy? Considering Liam writes about 3 songs per album now, it could take about as long to get released.

Aww! But they were the best Beatles tribute band around! :(

:wink:

Seriously though, they did have some good tunes. Sorry to their fans, this must suck. I have the feeling they'll be back together eventually, though.

Aww! But they were the best Beatles tribute band around! :(

I know, who's gonna pretend to be John Lennon and Paul McCartney now? :(

At best, Oasis were a decent band, wrote a few very good songs. But Noel + Liam were never gonna last anyway, a ticking time bomb it was. Well, I think Noel will just go into partying and taking his beloved drugs and all, sadly I cannot see him doing anything serviceable in a good way.

Gus%2BJohnson.gif

It's breakup time in MANCHESTER! HA HA! Rock music!

This made me laugh. Cos it's funny.

The greatest band ever is over

Huh? The greatest band in the world are touring right now after a great new album, and they seem to be enjoying it. They won't be over for a long time. What on earth have you been smoking? :wink:

Couldn't care less. They haven't made anything good in years.

Maybe something fresh will come now, when the real talent is ready for new challenges.

:applaud:

they made some good songs, but they're doucebaggery behavior and lack off respect for people around them killed any respect i may have had. just because your talented and write good tunes doesn't give you the right to be the worlds biggest cunt's. their nasty attitudes eclipsed their phenomenal talent. i fear their going to be hailed as some kind of "rock n roll" saviors now.
i great band has passed indeed.

they made some good songs, but they're doucebaggery behavior and lack off respect for people around them killed any respect i may have had. just because your talented and write good tunes doesn't give you the right to be the worlds biggest cunt's. their nasty attitudes eclipsed their phenomenal talent. i fear their going to be hailed as some kind of "rock n roll" saviors now.
i great band has passed indeed.

This, minus the "great band" part.

I know, who's gonna pretend to be John Lennon and Paul McCartney now? :(

At best, Oasis were a decent band, wrote a few very good songs. But Noel + Liam were never gonna last anyway, a ticking time bomb it was. Well, I think Noel will just go into partying and taking his beloved drugs and all, sadly I cannot see him doing anything serviceable in a good way.

I don't know what you've been smoking, but Noel stopped taking drugs about 10 years ago.

Read any interview with Noel and you'll realise he's a very grounded, intelligent bloke with yes, opinions, and not afraid to tell them. Very aware of what kind of life he grew up in and not ashamed of his ambition. And with a wicked sense of humour.

Liam is the one who was obviously dropped on his head as a baby....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom