OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No, I meant that there weren't any terrible tracks for the first time since Morning Glory.

3/4 of that album is standout, if such a thing is even possible.

The only track on Morning Glory that I don't think is standout is Hey Now. Anyway, the bonus disc was quite good. :up:

Cast No Shadow is as pretentious as Champagne Supernova, but never manages the climax. That's the one I would consider a weak link. I've always loved Hey Now.

I used to be indifferent about Cast No Shadow. It's a serious grower, though, as it took years for me to really start liking it. Now it's one of my favourites. I used to like Hey Now as much as I liked Some Might Say, but it's descended a bit for me. Then again, Hey Now's still above most of Be Here Now->Heathen Chemistry.

Wow...I guess I'm pretty much the only Oasis fan who doesn't particularly like this album? After 3 listens through, there still aren't any standout tracks for me, and I've loved pretty much everything that they've done up until this album. This, for me, is a first for an oasis album. Am I really alone here? It seems as though everyone loves it and I'm kind of disappointed in the album.....:sad:

umm...no, you definitely aren't alone.........I'm really not diggin' this album at all....and the first track makes zero sense to me...it sounds like rubbish, to be honest...it's all a bit perplexing :huh:

Maybe it can be saved by repeated listens...I doubt it but we'll see......

umm...no, you definitely aren't alone.........I'm really not diggin' this album at all....and the first track makes zero sense to me...it sounds like rubbish, to be honest...it's all a bit perplexing :huh:

...well, it's no U2. :rolleyes:

Cast No Shadow has that gorgeous harmony.....Noel is an amazing vocalist......"Bound With All The Weight......"

I honestly don't think there's a weak song on Morning Glory. I really love it all the way through - it's that good.

And these last two albums have been nearly as fantastic. I pretty much like Don't Believe The Truth throughout, and as for Dig Out Your Soul, the only tune I can't get into is the last one, Soldier On. It's not bad, and it's good as a closer, but to me it never really takes off. Other than that, though, it's perfect.

...well, it's no U2. :rolleyes:

:laugh: Rob, better stick with U2 and EYKIW. It seems no other band is gonna please you like U2.

As for the new album, I only listened to it a couple of times and then stopped. I don't wanna wear myself out even before the actual release! :huh: Damn internet leaks! :angry:

I fucking can't get enough of ...Lightning though.

after a few more listen throughs, it has grown on me a tiny bit...I still think it's a huge disappointment and garbage compared to most of their other stuff, though. Anyway, the new kings of leon cd is my favorite album of the year by a landslide. I love every song, which is rare. I'm still an Oasis supporter, but I think that KOL has moved up the ranks ahead of Oasis in my favorite bands list.

So I listened to the album today. Broke down--the sound quality on the version I heard wasn't low. :shrug: Anyway, I dug it about as much as Don't Believe The Truth. I might like it a bit more than DBTT. Time will tell. But DBTT is my 2nd favourite Oasis album.

Cast No Shadow is as pretentious as Champagne Supernova, but never manages the climax. That's the one I would consider a weak link. I've always loved Hey Now.

That song shines live; check out the Unplugged version.

I always dig Liam singing the "rockers" while Noel sings the "ballads" or acoustic tracks... their voices just fit those styles well and rarely cross over, I don't think.

(What's The Story) Morning Glory is flawless in my opinion. What's most staggering is that so are the B-Sides from that era! Rockin' Chair, Masterplan, Acquiesce, Round Our Way, Underneath The Sky, Bonehead's Bank Holiday, Talk Tonight - all are:drool:

(What's The Story) Morning Glory is flawless in my opinion. What's most staggering is that so are the B-Sides from that era! Rockin' Chair, Masterplan, Acquiesce, Round Our Way, Underneath The Sky, Bonehead's Bank Holiday, Talk Tonight - all are:drool:

The 20 songs yielded by those sessions would have made as close to a flawless double album as I've ever seen.

Disc One:

Hello
Roll With It
Talk Tonight
Step Out
Round Are Way
Some Might Say
Cast No Shadow
Rockin Chair
Headshrinker
The Masterplan

Disc Two:

Acquiesce
Underneath The Sky
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Hey Now
It's Better People
She's Electric
Morning Glory
The Swamp Song
Champagne Supernova

The 20 songs yielded by those sessions would have made as close to a flawless double album as I've ever seen.

Disc One:

Hello
Roll With It
Talk Tonight
Step Out

Round Are Way
Some Might Say
Cast No Shadow
Rockin Chair
Headshrinker
The Masterplan

Disc Two:

Acquiesce
Underneath The Sky
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
Hey Now
It's Better People
She's Electric
Morning Glory
The Swamp Song
Champagne Supernova

Nice transitions!

No room for Bonehead's bank Holiday anywhere?

I'm getting it Monday afternoon - can't wait!

Haven't really listened to anything from it yet except a random link or two posted in here. :hyper:

I'll be buying the new Oasis album on Thursday...working 13-hour days Tuesday and Wednesday, so that's the first chance I'll have to get it.

As for Cast No Shadow, I've thought that if the only thing Richard Ashcroft did in his career was inspire Noel to write that song, his entire career would have been worth that one song. I love it.

Wow! Easily their best album since Morning Glory. Very heavy, very psychedelic second half and surprisingly bluesy & crunchy throughout.

Just bought it. The sound quality is definitely more clear than the one I heard from the leak.

Back
Top Bottom