OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What a lot of folk tend to (want to?) ignore is
Heathen Chem almost has a bit of a country and western swagger about it in some songs, namely Force Of Nature, Hung In A Bad Place and She Is Love, while also extending that psychadelica from SOTSOG a little (Born On A Different Cloud, The Hindu Times). Little By Little and Songbird are just pure class.

There is also some atmosphere in that album - take for example Different Cloud. I love how aggressively the album begins. Hindu Times, Force of Nature, and Hung in a Bad Place are a highly-charged trio.

Probably because a lot of U2 fans like bands that don't ape the same band over and over again, and ones whose members they can actually have some respect for.

Oh, you must mean those Fleet Fox douchebags.

As for Oasis albums, my ranking:

1. What's the Story
2. Don't Believe the Truth
3. Be Here Now
4. Definitely Maybe
5. Standing on the Shoulders
6. Heathen Chemistry

This was hard, as it would be easier to put them into 2 categories: great (1 and 2) and good (3-6) as the good albums are all similarly ranked and could be interchangeable depending upon my mood.

Though, Standing on the Shoulders would be moved up to great status if they'd left out a few songs and added in a few of the b-sides (Full On replacing Where Did It All Go Wrong, Let's All Make Believe replacing Little James).

1. Bag It Up

2. The Turning

3. Waiting For the Rapture

4. The Shock of the Lightning

5. I'm Outta Time

6. (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady

7. Falling Down

8. To Be Where There's Life

9. Ain't Got Nothin'

10. The Nature of Reality

11. Soldier On

-----------------------------

Not official yet, but widely reported, I wonder if Falling Down is a cover of the Travis song of the same name. Probably not, but would be cool if it was.

But where is Stop The Clocks, The Boy With The Blues and I Wanna Live In A Dream Iin My Record Machine?

Well with Stop The Clocks and IWLIADWMRM, these songs have supposedly been 100% complete for some time, with little reason on intent to change anything about them.

Confirm that tracklisting.....

1. "Bag It Up" - 5:12
2. "The Turning" (Andy Bell) - 4:32
3. "Waiting for the Rapture" - 4:57
4. "The Shock of the Lightning" - 4:24
5. "I'm Outta Time" (Liam Gallagher) - 5:20
6. "Get Off Your High Horse (Lady)" (Gem Archer) - 5:07
7. "Falling Down" - 4:18
8. "To Be Where There's Life" - 5:35
9. "Ain't Got Nothin" (Liam Gallagher) - 3:32
10. "The Nature of Reality" - 4:48
11. "Soldier On" (Liam Gallagher) - 5:50

The tracks appear to be substantially longer than those on DBTT.

But where is Stop The Clocks, The Boy With The Blues and I Wanna Live In A Dream Iin My Record Machine?

I suspect that these will appear on some kind of Masterplan-esque compilation in the near future. Noel has been talking about that sort of project for a while now.

I'm wondering if the band name is going to be stenciled across it somewhere.

Certainly is a different type of cover.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I thought too.

And I'm a little worried if those are the true track lengths.

Oh well.

I guess Oasis have always had 5 minute plus song lengths. They love the repetition.

A new Oasis album is always a wonderful thing.

What a year for music...new Oasis, Coldplay. Keane is releasing an album in November...

....oh yeah, and U2.

:hyper:

and don't forget The Verve and possibly Doves and Snow Patrol!

I suspect that these will appear on some kind of Masterplan-esque compilation in the near future. Noel has been talking about that sort of project for a while now.

I hope so. I really, really loved I Wanna Live A Dream In My Record Machine so I hope it appears as a b-side at least.

What does everyone think of the snippet of Falling Down that appeared in the leaked Chemical Brothers remix?

Here's the snippet used in case anyone's not heard it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znuEZu1nOts&feature=related
Personally I think it sounds great and am really looking forward to the new album (which I'm relieved about given that I too was one of the minority who didn't rate DBTT at all).

I hope so. I really, really loved I Wanna Live A Dream In My Record Machine so I hope it appears as a b-side at least.

What does everyone think of the snippet of Falling Down that appeared in the leaked Chemical Brothers remix?

Here's the snippet used in case anyone's not heard it yet: YouTube - oasis - Falling Down (stripped down version)
Personally I think it sounds great and am really looking forward to the new album (which I'm relieved about given that I too was one of the minority who didn't rate DBTT at all).

That video didn't do anything for me. Kinda bored me actually. A cross of some stuff I've heard before, like prog band Kayak from the 70s and Coldplay. :shrug:

New trailer out today... YouTube - oasisinetofficial's Channel with a clip of The Shock of Lightning towards the end, I like it a lot- more rock like earlier Oasis, less bluesy/acoustic.

Liked the montage there, and looking forward to new music from Oasis! :up:

Back
Top Bottom