OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm really going to need another listen or two to this. It didn't jump out at me on first listen as much as DBTT or even Heathen Chemistry. It's definitely something different. I might not be in the best frame of mind for music lis'nin right now, though.

Anyone who loved it at first still feel the same love after a few listens? I haven't heard it yet, as I'm waiting for either a better leak or the cd itself (whichever comes first). But I'm just curious to know if it loses something with repeated listenings (I found Heathen Chemistry to be wonderful at first, but it lost something with repeated listenings).

I found a leak that seemed to have the correct volume level, and it sounded pretty good, so I went ahead and listened.

I'm very impressed after the first time through. I don't know if I rate it as highly as Don't Believe The Truth, but it's up there. Perhaps after a few more listens this will change.

But I really like it.

The leak I have seemed to have the tracking a bit off, though. I understand most of the songs go into each other, but usually the numbering is better than this. Hopefully it's just the leak and not how the real CD will be.

I'm just finishing up my 4th listen through this album and I gotta say I really like it. It seems to be a more subtle and assured Oasis. I'm liking every track right now, and I'm really impressed with how they put the whole thing together. It might be the most cohesive album these guys have ever made.

Oasis Announce US Tour Dates

Oasis announce today the American leg of their 'Dig Out Your Soul' world tour. The tour, the band’s first US tour in 3 years, kicks off on December 3 in Oakland, CA and includes the band’s triumphant return to NYC’s Madison Sq. Garden on December 17th. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals will once again be Special Guests on all dates.

For a limited time, every Oasis ticket order made through Ticketmaster, comes with the option to upgrade to a special package containing your concert ticket, the brand new 'Dig Out Your Soul' cd, and an exclusive Oasis tour t-shirt available ONLY in this promotion.

Oasisinet is very pleased to be able to offer a Pre- Sale to the fans. While tickets go on general sale on October 3rd (October 4th for the Chicago gig), Oasis fans can apply for tickets through the Pre-Sale from Tuesday 30th September @ 10am (local time) until 10PM (local time) Thursday 2nd October (Chicago Pre-Sale open until 10pm Friday October 3rd).

The Pre-Sale password is: OASISINET

---

The full details of the tour are:

Dec. 3: Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Oracle Arena Box Office and charge by phone at (510) 625 8497

Dec. 4: Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, select Macy's stores, WhereHouse Music, Beverly Center, Ritmo Latino, Staples Center Box Office and charge by phone at (213) 480 3232 and (714) 740 2000

Dec. 6: Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, The Pearl Box Office, and charge by phone at (702) 474 4000

Dec. 8: Denver, CO - Broomfield Events Ctr. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, select Macy's stores, select FYE stores, Cherry Creek Shopping Center Guest Services Desk, Official Visitors Center (1600 California St.), Twist & Shout, and charge by phone at (303) 830 8497 & (719) 520 9090.

Dec. 10: Minneapolis, MN - Target Center. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Target Center Box Office and charge by phone at (651) 989 5151

Dec. 12: Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Allstate Arena Box Office and charge by phone at (248) 655 6666

Dec. 13: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Palace of Auburn Hills Box Office and charge by phone (248) 377 0125

Dec. 15: London, ON - John LaBatt Centre (rescheduled 9/9 date). Tickets available from John Labatt Centre, Fanshawe College BizBooth, The Bookstore at Western, Book Plus & (519) 667 5700

Dec. 17: New York, NY - Madison Sq. Garden. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Madison Square Garden Box Office and charge by phone (212) 465 6000

Dec. 19: Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Center. Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Susquehanna Bank Center Box Office and charge by phone (856) 338 2000, (215) 336 2000, (302) 984 2000 &

Dec. 20: Washington, DC - GMU Patriot Center. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, GMU Patriot Center, 9:30 Club Box Office, Merriweather Post Pavilion Box Office and charge by phone at (703) 993 3000, (800) 551 7328 or (202) 397 7328

:hyper:

Oasis Announce US Tour Dates

Oasis announce today the American leg of their 'Dig Out Your Soul' world tour. The tour, the band’s first US tour in 3 years, kicks off on December 3 in Oakland, CA and includes the band’s triumphant return to NYC’s Madison Sq. Garden on December 17th. Ryan Adams & The Cardinals will once again be Special Guests on all dates.

For a limited time, every Oasis ticket order made through Ticketmaster, comes with the option to upgrade to a special package containing your concert ticket, the brand new 'Dig Out Your Soul' cd, and an exclusive Oasis tour t-shirt available ONLY in this promotion.

Oasisinet is very pleased to be able to offer a Pre- Sale to the fans. While tickets go on general sale on October 3rd (October 4th for the Chicago gig), Oasis fans can apply for tickets through the Pre-Sale from Tuesday 30th September @ 10am (local time) until 10PM (local time) Thursday 2nd October (Chicago Pre-Sale open until 10pm Friday October 3rd).

The Pre-Sale password is: OASISINET

---

The full details of the tour are:

Dec. 3: Oakland, CA - Oracle Arena. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Oracle Arena Box Office and charge by phone at (510) 625 8497

Dec. 4: Los Angeles, CA - Staples Center. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, select Macy's stores, WhereHouse Music, Beverly Center, Ritmo Latino, Staples Center Box Office and charge by phone at (213) 480 3232 and (714) 740 2000

Dec. 6: Las Vegas, NV - The Pearl. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, The Pearl Box Office, and charge by phone at (702) 474 4000

Dec. 8: Denver, CO - Broomfield Events Ctr. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, select Macy's stores, select FYE stores, Cherry Creek Shopping Center Guest Services Desk, Official Visitors Center (1600 California St.), Twist & Shout, and charge by phone at (303) 830 8497 & (719) 520 9090.

Dec. 10: Minneapolis, MN - Target Center. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Target Center Box Office and charge by phone at (651) 989 5151

Dec. 12: Chicago, IL - Allstate Arena. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Allstate Arena Box Office and charge by phone at (248) 655 6666

Dec. 13: Detroit, MI - Palace of Auburn Hills. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Palace of Auburn Hills Box Office and charge by phone (248) 377 0125

Dec. 15: London, ON - John LaBatt Centre (rescheduled 9/9 date). Tickets available from John Labatt Centre, Fanshawe College BizBooth, The Bookstore at Western, Book Plus & (519) 667 5700

Dec. 17: New York, NY - Madison Sq. Garden. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Madison Square Garden Box Office and charge by phone (212) 465 6000

Dec. 19: Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Center. Ticketmaster, Live Nation, Susquehanna Bank Center Box Office and charge by phone (856) 338 2000, (215) 336 2000, (302) 984 2000 &

Dec. 20: Washington, DC - GMU Patriot Center. Tickets available from Ticketmaster, GMU Patriot Center, 9:30 Club Box Office, Merriweather Post Pavilion Box Office and charge by phone at (703) 993 3000, (800) 551 7328 or (202) 397 7328

:hyper:

Mighty large venues for Oasis... the Detroit gig is especially ambitious given the size of the market and the size of the venue. Pissed they aren't coming to Ohio. Hopefully in 2009. (Seems like I'm waiting for a lot of things to happen in 2009 as far as music is concerned)

I tried the presale just now and got something up in the 300 level... I guess cos the presale has been open since morning and all the closer seats are sold out. So is it better for me to wait till the general public sale and try then for closer seats?? :hmm:

Is anyone else a bit disappointed that the only B-sides for TSOL is the Chemical Brothers' remix of Falling Down? I mean I know what with downloads and everything that B-sides are probably utterly redundant nowadays but still, this is Oasis we're talking about and frankly, half the time the B-sides are the best songs that they do!

Dig Out Your Soul :drool::drool:

LM, I remember you saying that you didn't care much for Bag It Up on your first listens to the album. Have you changed your tune on this at all because I seriously love Bag It Up. It's one of my favorites on here.

Right now I'm Outta Time is owning me more than anything, though. Does anyone know what the writing credits are on this album? I know that Noel wrote Bag It Up, Shock, and Falling Down. I would assume Noel wrote High Horse Lady and Waiting for the Rapture, too. Which ones did Liam write? if Liam wrote I'm Outta Time (which I think I remember reading) then it is the best song he's ever written.

According to wiki:

# Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Bag It Up" Noel Gallagher 4:39
2. "The Turning" N. Gallagher 5:05
3. "Waiting for the Rapture" N. Gallagher 3:03
4. "The Shock of the Lightning" N. Gallagher 5:02
5. "I'm Outta Time" Liam Gallagher 4:10
6. "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady" N. Gallagher 4:07
7. "Falling Down" N. Gallagher 4:20
8. "To Be Where There's Life" Gem Archer 4:35
9. "Ain't Got Nothin'" L. Gallagher 2:15
10. "The Nature of Reality" Andy Bell 3:48
11. "Soldier On" L. Gallagher 4:49

I need another listen to two to really make up my mind, but I can't see Bag It Up growing on me much. It seems like a cliche rockin' album opener without much depth. Other than that and Soldier On, this is a pretty damn fine album. Maybe top 10 for the year.

According to wiki:

# Title Writer(s) Length
1. "Bag It Up" Noel Gallagher 4:39
2. "The Turning" N. Gallagher 5:05
3. "Waiting for the Rapture" N. Gallagher 3:03
4. "The Shock of the Lightning" N. Gallagher 5:02
5. "I'm Outta Time" Liam Gallagher 4:10
6. "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady" N. Gallagher 4:07
7. "Falling Down" N. Gallagher 4:20
8. "To Be Where There's Life" Gem Archer 4:35
9. "Ain't Got Nothin'" L. Gallagher 2:15
10. "The Nature of Reality" Andy Bell 3:48
11. "Soldier On" L. Gallagher 4:49

Cool, that's kinda what I figured, except I didn't know that Gem wrote To Be Where There's Life. Thanks, phanan.

Why didn't I just go to Wikipedia myself? No-one knows.

Exclusive: Oasis speak to Clash : Music News Feature | Clash Music

Noel Gallagher on the promotional machine…
“We’re inherently lazy, you know what I mean? We wanna be getting pissed half the time, and the other fuckin’ time we want to be getting fuckin’ high. I’m not arsed about going to see some fat c*** and his fat kids and his fat record shop in fuckin’ Fatsville, USA… What the fuck do I care about him?”

:lmao: Hahahahahahaha

I have to agree regarding I'm Outta Time. This is Liam's best composition ever. It's just so beautiful. Love the John Lennon part at the end, too.

The Turning and Falling Down are other favorites so far.

By far the closest they've got to Morning Glory and Definitely Maybe. It's not as good as those albums but it's very strong. I think a couple of songs the calibre of Bag It Up and The Turning, instead of Ain't Got Nothin' and Nature Of Reality, would put it alongside those two albums.

I'd give it at least an 8, maybe 9/10.

They're back.:up:

Wow...I guess I'm pretty much the only Oasis fan who doesn't particularly like this album? After 3 listens through, there still aren't any standout tracks for me, and I've loved pretty much everything that they've done up until this album. This, for me, is a first for an oasis album. Am I really alone here? It seems as though everyone loves it and I'm kind of disappointed in the album.....:sad:

There aren't very many standout tracks, but there aren't any terrible ones either. The last time that happened was probably Morning Glory.

Oh, and The Turning. Listen to it again.

Back
Top Bottom