OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's a pretty interesting snapshot I found of the Noel incident:

08912_105040_oasisBIGPICTURESL120908.jpg

It looks like it was taken at the very moment that the fucker shoved him. I just love the look on the security guard's face in the back left. "OH shit!"

And it almost looks like Liam is still singing the song, completely unaware of what's going on around him.

I am now convinced that Oasis history goes very much like this:

1994-1996: Classic
  • Definitely Maybe
  • (What's The Story?) Morning Glory

1997-2004: Mediocre
  • Be Here Now
  • Standing On The Shoulders Of Giants
  • Heathen Chemistry

2005-present: Renaissance
  • Don't Believe The Truth
  • Dig Out Your Soul

Don't Believe The Truth was no fluke; this new record is indeed very good. The sequencing is surprisingly excellent, pretty much every song is good, and the band does a good job of mixing psychedelia into their sound. It's like Oasis said "Hey, SOTSOG was a good idea, but the songs were mostly crap. Let's take the more straightforward, back-to-basics approach to songwriting that we had with DBTT and cross it with interesting psychedelic flourishes and we may have something here."

Best Songs:

The Turning
The Shock Of The Lightning
I'm Outta Time
To Be Where There's Life

Worst Songs:

Bag It Up
Soldier On

8/10

The Turning is the best song here by a good amount. It's Oasis finding ways to make their formula intriguing. The two singles are good songs and sound even better in context, but if it weren't for the high quality of the songs around them, they would seem underwhelming, to say the least.

First listen through- great collection of songs, nice mix of the styles they've delved into over the years. Is it just me or does it seem Noel singing a lot more up front, or at least backing vocals really high in the mix?

Bag It Up and The Turning are potential classics, I'm thrilled with them. Outta Time could be up there too, it's far superior to Liam's usual songs. Not sure about the whole album yet, but it's already outstripped everything they did after Morning Glory.:up:

I'm waiting to listen. Frankly, I don't want to hear the low-volume leak. I want my first listening to be true to what's on the cd.

I'm waiting to listen. Frankly, I don't want to hear the low-volume leak. I want my first listening to be true to what's on the cd.

Are you serious? Just turn it up a little bit. The production on this leak is more listenable than the CD versions of their first two albums (of course, I hate the production on those albums, but you get my meaning...the leak is CD quality).

Are you serious? Just turn it up a little bit. The production on this leak is more listenable than the CD versions of their first two albums (of course, I hate the production on those albums, but you get my meaning...the leak is CD quality).

I just really hate having my first experience with something at a faulty audio level. I'm psyched for the album, for sure, and if I hadn't read that the audio was quiet, I'd be listening to it right now instead of M83.

it leaked?! damn, was hoping it wouldn't leak so i wouldn't have to fight the temptation. gotta be strong...

sounding good so far???

HA!

The last 15 seconds of The Turning is a complete rip-off of the opening of Dear Prudence. Gotta love these Beatle-biting bastards. :cute:

The Shock of the Lightning sounds a lot better when listening to the album as a whole.

And I'm Outta Time is a good one.

The thing I dislike about Bag It Up is that it sounds exactly the same as every other Oasis mid-tempo rocker. It does nothing new, and it's not like the lyrics are brilliant poetry either. It's enjoyable, I guess.

Back
Top Bottom