OASIS - New Album(s) and all General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a big fan of Liam aswell, great entertainer and singer/songwriter, but I agree, here he made a fool of himself, the thing, (as mentioned above) that annoyed me the most is that he didn't mention Noel's name in the thank yous!!!! he is the main part of Oasis as far as the music is concerned anyway, He wrote the 12 songs on Whats The Story Morning Glory!!! not to thank him is stupid and babyish! I think Liam let himself down alot worse in the backstage interview, I can't even understand what he is saying he launches into a rant about pushing some bird, I've been gold I've been bronze, WTF! and then he goes and says on live TV now can we go do some class A drugs, a bit stupid especially considering Liam is now 37!! I hope he gets his act together!

On positive news it was rumored in a local newspaper, that Liam would be launching the new band at a new festival in the west of Ireland!!! Hope its true!!! :hyper:

YouTube - Liam Gallagher on the Backstage At The Brit Awards 2010

Another Oasis singles collection album, ZZzzZZzZZz................
Whats the point really!?! especially after Stop the Clocks, which was the tunes the band picked to represent their best of.....

Oasis are releasing a singles collection.

The British super-group – who split last August after Noel Gallagher and his brother Liam had a huge bust-up – are putting out the LP, entitled ‘Time Flies 1994 – 2009’, on June 14 through their Big Brother record label.

The 26-track album includes every release made by the band, including single-only songs ‘Whatever’ and ‘Lord Don’t Slow Me Down’ and their eight UK number ones, except for ‘Sunday Morning Call’ – which was the third release from their fourth studio LP ‘Standing on the Shoulder of Giants’ and reached number four on the British singles chart in 2000.

Ex-frontman Liam said: “I’m totally proud of everything we’ve done… I liked the crazy times and the not so crazy, I liked it all, man.”

A deluxe version of the album will also be released, featuring all 36 videos the band ever made during their 15-year career, including special promos created for the US only, and the group’s last ever recorded concert which took place at The Roundhouse in London on July 21, 2009.

The compilation follows Oasis’ 2006 best of album ‘Stop The Clocks’, which was handpicked by the band themselves and omitted many singles and notably didn’t include any tracks from their third studio LP ‘Be Here Now’ – which produced two UK number ones ‘D’You Know What I Mean?’ and ‘All Around The World’.

Last week, Noel made his first live appearances since leaving Oasis playing two semi-acoustic shows for the Teenage Cancer Trust charity at London’s Royal Albert Hall.

‘Time Flies 1994 – 2009’ tracklisting:
Supersonic
Roll With It
Live Forever
Wonderwall
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Songbird
Don’t Look Back In Anger
The Hindu Times
Stand By Me
Lord Don’t Slow Me Down
Shakermaker
All Around The World
Some Might Say
The Importance of Being Idle
D’You Know What I Mean?
Lyla
Let There Be Love
Go Let It Out
Who Feels Love?
Little By Little
The Shock Of The Lightning
She Is Love
Whatever
I’m Outta Time
Falling Down

why no sunday morning call?

its immense

i think they have to release it to finish up their deal with warner and sony worldwide

then they can do what they want with regards to their solo careers

Oasis - Time Flies 1994-2009

For all you Oasis haters, check this out. You might like it as most of the singles you wont have heard in the USA

605px-Packshot_800x800.jpg

“Oasis will become the premier gilt-edged rock ‘n’ rollers of the age; they will irreversibly change the way you walk and talk, the way you dress… the future’s assured. The past is gone. This is now. Listen. That’s the story.” (NME 1995)

“I consider Noel to be the finest songwriter of his generation.” (George Martin)

‘Time Flies’ is the complete singles collection celebrating the work of Oasis from start to finish. Released on 14th June through Big Brother Recordings, the songs that comprise this album span fifteen glorious years walked tall alongside a staggering seven consecutive number one albums. 1994’s ‘Definitely Maybe’, 1995’s ‘(What’s The Story) Morning Glory?’, 1997’s ‘Be Here Now’, 2000’s ‘Standing On The Shoulder Of Giants’, 2002’s ‘Heathen Chemistry’, 2005’s ‘Don’t Believe The Truth’ and their last from 2008, ‘Dig Out Your Soul’. Starting with their irresistible debut, ‘Supersonic’ and finishing with their very last release, ‘Falling Down’, the album features all 26 singles - 23 Top Tens including 8 No.1's. A deluxe version of ‘Time Flies’ features all 36 videos ever made (all previously unreleased) including versions made for the UK and America, as well as the last ever recorded Oasis live show from The Roundhouse in London on the 21st July 2009.

April 1994 it begins. Effortlessly, the classic singles, ‘Supersonic’ and ‘Shakermaker’ provided a tangible feeling that something was happening; then came ‘Live Forever’, where we saw a young Liam Gallagher nailed to a chair in that bizarre video and somehow the notion that one of ours could again excite, incite and not to mention, sell millions of records was very real. They virtually reignited an ailing industry and revitalised the global music scene. They did this by becoming “the most complete pop group on the planet”. They knew it too; as Noel Gallagher, the band’s principal songwriter, simply explained, “We’re not arrogant, we just believe we’re the greatest band in the World.” His younger brother who went on to become one of the ‘greatest frontmen of all time’, once remarked, “There’s Elvis and me. I couldn’t say which of the two is best.” Oasis owned attitude, and noise and confusion often followed. Early on, Noel said, “All I know is that the gigs are selling out and we’re probably gonna get in loads more trouble on this tour…”

It was this kind of self belief and ambition that flung the world open to Oasis. From their landmark 'arrival' performance at T in the Park in 1994 to the now legendary gigs at Maine Road, a weekend of history-making at Knebworth, world famous venues that included sell out shows at Madison Square Gardens and the Hollywood Bowl, and stadiums from Wembley to River Plate, Argentina and beyond, as well as just about every single festival here and abroad, Oasis rapidly grew but never lost their high cool. How many bands manage that - and why? Undoubtedly, millions identified, aspired, shared the dream of the boys from Burnage making very, very good. Their outspokenness and the very real relationship of Noel and Liam kept us enthralled and amused. At times, it provided real drama, but nevertheless the humanity shone through more often than not.
So what is there left to say about the greatest rock 'n' roll band of our time? These could be the best days of our lives. And they were. And they still are. Oasis entertained on every level. At every concert tens of thousands united to sing along to, be moved by, be energised by and reminisce with this incredible set list - a definitive chronicle of a generation, national anthems, a series of musical lunar landings. Remember whose eyes you were looking into when you first heard ‘Wonderwall’? Who had their arm around you during ‘Don't Look Back In Anger’? Who did you steal a glance from during ‘Stop Crying Your Heart Out’? Mosh with to 'Lyla'? Who did you want to ‘Live Forever’ with? And why did it all work so well, for so long, all around the world, for so many people? For a time, they did change the way we walked, we talked, the way we dressed.

For Oasis it was always so simple. Liam Gallagher comments, “I’m totally proud of everything we’ve done… I liked the crazy times and the not so crazy, I liked it all, man.” And Noel Gallagher sums it up by saying, “The fact that we kept it together for so long is testament to our love of the music. It’s from the heart.”

TIMES FLIES… 1994 - 2009

Supersonic
Roll With It
Live Forever
Wonderwall
Stop Crying Your Heart Out
Cigarettes & Alcohol
Songbird
Don’t Look Back In Anger
The Hindu Times
Stand By Me
Lord Don’t Slow Me Down
Shakermaker
All Around The World
Some Might Say
The Importance of Being Idle
D’You Know What I Mean?
Lyla
Let There Be Love
Go Let It Out
Who Feels Love?
Little By Little
The Shock Of The Lightning
She Is Love
Whatever
I’m Outta Time
Falling Down/Sunday Morning Call

this is a different album to the one in the other thread
that was for Dig Out Your Soul primarily

It started for Dig Out Your Soul, but developed into the ongoing Oasis thread. The last three posts in that thread were regarding this very same release.

Sorry, but it's a pet peeve of mine when someone starts a thread for an artist when one already exists.

But I'm not a mod, so I'll let them handle.

Nah keep it separate, don't know why one would get hung up about it having it's own thread. Surely, there are many other things to worry in life about rather than

OMG... MULTIPLE OASIS THREADS!!!! SIN!

Awesome cover, will be getting this for the videos compilation...

Glad 'I'm Outta Time' is on the compilation.

I was reading Liam's latest quote about illegal downloads, lol.....

Many musicians have spoken out in favour of the crackdown, including Lily Allen, Sir Elton John and Annie Lennox, but Gallagher is adamant stars should stop campaigning against illegal downloaders - because they actually help popularise music.

He tells Britain's ShortList magazine, "Downloading's the same as what I used to do - I used to tape the charts of the songs I liked (from the radio). I don't mind it. I hate all these big, silly rock stars who moan - at least they're f**king downloading your music, you c**t, and paying attention, know what I mean? You should f**king appreciate that - what are you moaning about? You've got f**king five big houses, so shut up."

Wow, how brilliant. A shot of a crowd from a stage.

:rolleyes:

Ah I like it, Its got a great sense of nostalgia IMO, really classic Oasis cover, with the old logo, kind of a sad element to it aswell, in that the massive crowd gathered in front of the stage and above them written TIME FLIES 1994 - 2009, kinda sums up the excitement of Brit Pop when Oasis first exploded onto the scene and now they are gone, don't think it has fully hit me yet tho!

nothing wrong with DOYS cover

Sunday Morning Call is a hidden track on disc 2 after Falling Down

Bit silly really

Dont think the lads will do any promo for it

Also they want fans to contribute to a documentary on what Oasis meant to them

Oasis News

OASIS DOCUMENTARY LOOKING FOR FAN STORIES

12 April 2010
To help celebrate Oasis and their music Big Brother Recordings are working together with Pulse Films to make a documentary about you, the fans of the band.

Whether it was that fateful night at one of their gigs where you met the love of your life, or if you only got to see them for the first time on the 'Dig Out Your Soul' tour, we want to hear from you! We want to know how the key moments of your life were soundtracked by Oasis and their music.

We’re hoping to tell the story of Oasis from the fans perspective, so we’d like to hear your stories from any point in the band's career.

Stories can be big or small, happy or sad, emotional, inspiring, incredible or hilarious… but above all personal and referring to an experience that’s unique to you.

Ideally we’re looking for stories we can get our teeth into: locations we can revisit; the story of an obsession that has persisted to this day; of how your family has come to be defined by Oasis

A number of successful stories will be invited to take part in the film. Anyone interested should contact Pulse Films – sending through contact details and a summary of your story to oasis@pulsefilms.co.uk

I agree, pretty crap name! I can't say I got too much hope for this band, It was Noel that was the main attraction to Oasis for me in the last few years, Although having said that, Liam's last few Oasis tunes were great! Hopefully they'll have a few good tunes, but me personally I'm more excited about Noel's new material,

I hated the Colonel, with his wee beady eyes and that smug look on his face. 'Oh, you're gonna buy my chicken. ohhhhhh'

62-colonel-sanders-mustache.jpg

Back
Top Bottom